x. HONEYSUCKLE ON THE BEACH

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire's Confession: Chapter 10

 

 

HONEYSUCKLE ON THE BEACH 

 

FASHION TODAY: March Issue Special

Just another Jung.

An experience and interview by: Jed Crosby

                                                                                                                                                                                                

 

Just another day. A cup of coffee steaming on the tight grip of experienced hands. Cold weather finally settling in, giving the scarf some work to do. Busy street lamps, accompanying busy people towards the reality of their dull and colorful workloads. As per usual, the buildings stood in its very own majesty, Seoul is a diamond at the center of a gold paradise and one building in its very minimal shade of black and white screams nothing other than the sheer desire of knowing what is and who is behind the success of the emerging monster fashion brand, Blanc and Eclare.

 

Jung. A pretty common name in the Republic of Korea, a simple four letter clan representative. But Koreans knew otherwise the significance of the name.  Whether be a huge idol in a huge k-pop group, all the way to the high ranking officials of conglomerates sprawled over the millions of hectares of the Korean soil, has the name of the Jung Clan written in every sheet of their memory. The vast Korean conglomerate that took the world by storm. The headmaster of every known prestige, from technology to the high end hotels and restaurants to automobiles, aircrafts, and even those monsters who walk on water.

 

What makes the Jung legacy present in every aspect of generation? The undeniable eternal stud, Chairman Jung? Or his heir, his first born, Yunho Jung? Although these two gentlemen have established a name on those mentioned above for the great conglomerate to escalate towards the status of greatness and unfathomable position in the pedestal of the world, one vital importance is that the TSJ Conglomerate does not stop on the realms conquered by Yunho Jung alone. There are three name carriers, three distinct entity behind the smile of their daddy. And we have the opportunity to have a great one on one talk with just another one of the Jung’s bloodline, now dominating the fashion world.

 

One of One. A half of one, we visit the younger twin among the TSJ Princesses, in the fashion world, she is known as the monster rookie.  Minimal, classy, elegant, sophisticated, and extravagant. Luxurious brands excludes this attributes, but what makes her different? Is it the fact that the alumnus of the famous IFA has an innate ability and keen eyes on designs? Or is it just her learning on taking every step of success by being the student of the said school?

 

Now three years ever since she has launched her brand, no longer a rookie and now on the verge of launching her second collection for this year, Jessica Jung tells it all.

 

First impressions are rhetorically important. And as I run towards the transparent automatic glass doors of the black and white building located in downtown Seoul, I’ve been praying for a miracle of time ever since I got stuck on that horrendous traffic jam. My black Blanc and Eclare wayfarers are disregarded out of my eyesight. I scanned the entire building filled with every bits of attitude and attributes of the founder which I clearly described as distinct. Only consisting of black and white matte colors along with very simple yet sophisticated interior designs. The famous divide logo of the fashion brand stood right there in front of me, judging.  Nevertheless, I tried to be optimistic, as I have gained some rumors circulating on how impatient Miss Jung is.

 

Mr. Crosby, pleasant morning! I would like to apologize for a small change in regards with the interview schedule, Miss Kwon requested for a five minute delay.

 

A staff in her full black attire tapped me in the back gently. Even the staffs are chic and elegant, I stood there thanking the miracle. I am late but actually not, I am five minutes earlier. Kwon. That name struck a chord in my brain, the Jung princess is in fact married. To none other than the Kwon Yuri of Kwon Corporation. Details are all laid out for the whole world to memorize. I myself have translated millions of articles about the Kwon couple and it is by fact, an honor meeting the other half of the perfect marriage.

 

3 minutes on. And I still have 2 more minutes to practice my professionalism and my questions when a buzz of hush whispers and giggling fits erupted from the black clothed staffs behind me. I stood up and tried to straighten up the creases in my pants. It is essential to be presentable in the eyes of her wife, Kwon Yuri is the reason of the five minute delay. I am most certainly and very much ardently sure.

 

 There are jitters and flying mariposas in my stomach. When the humble billionaire came into the lines of my sight to offer a handshake and her apology of causing the delay.  The tanned Kwon icon emitted a soft yet intimidating aura that even as an experience editor who happens to interview several top personalities can only bow and return the handshake with shaky fingers. Kwon Yuri is pretty much labeled as expensive by the society, yet I witnessed the down to earth billionaire only in her faded jeans topped by a white tee wrapping herself with a brown coat and a pair of Blanc sunglasses. Her nose is quite red from the weather. It is by far, the best experience.

 

The staircase leading to Jessica’s office is not too long and not to short lived either, with turns and twists making it in a perfect re incarnation of princess like spiral staircases is indeed amazing. Hara, the ever glowing assistant accompanied me in the second floor of the building. It is a vast loft, with only two rooms to be precise, I took out my small notepad from the insides of my jacket, writing a reminder to ask what the other room is for. A curious interviewer can actually take his chances right?

 

It is stunning. Minimally stunning. With the addition of the lady boss sitting in her swivel chair. Eventually after Hara opened the doors, I meekly stepped inside hoping for that eager first impression I am planning to incorporate in this meeting. But Jessica threw that away when she greeted me like a friend, beaming and a cute gesture asking me to sit. That is where I realized that rumors are only proven to be just rumors when you are exposed to the reality.  The 29 year old fashion icon is a meter or two away from me, along with the in depth stories I am yet to discover.

 

Jed: I am deeply sorry Miss Kwon. Traffic jam is early today. And thank you for welcoming me here. This is really an honor.

 

Jess: Oh, no worries! I am more sorry. Yuri came and it is not professional for me to delay the interview. It is my pleasure.

 

Jed: Nothing to worry about Miss Kwon. I met your wife downstairs and she apologized too, nothing to be sorry for really! And your building is so luxurious. I can stay here all day.

 

Jess: Ah. I guessed you met Yuri already. Thank you for that! And please, call me Jessica. No need for formalities.

 

 

Baby steps. Now on the friendly basis of the conversation, I am suddenly at ease. I even proposed to call her Jess in which the youngest daughter of the Jung clan giggled then a nod.

 

 

Jed: It is the anniversary of the brand in two months’ time. Any preparations?

 

Jess: I am actually planning to unveil my second collection for this year on the brand’s anniversary. There are still changes that needs finalization so the date may vary.

 

Jed: Is there any specific theme for the collection?

 

Jess: No. As long as it is deemed to be recognized as Blanc on the first look, then that is a theme. I guess.

 

The CEO looks flustered after her little statement.

 

Jed: For you, what is your best collection?

 

Jess: Every collection that I put out is embodied with my heart and the passion I have, so every collection for me, is the best. But if I have to choose….well I think it is the first one, which I launched after my marriage.  It is like the fruit of my toil, all the hard work and I consider it as a gift, a blessing.

 

Jed: Your main inspiration?

 

Her smile is contagious and I can see the glint on her eyes. The happiness is inducing and I am happy that I get to experience such positivity.

 

Jess: My family. Friends. My wife.

 

Jed: It is very heartwarming. I mean this is rhetorical but can you elaborate how they influence you? How they inspire you?

 

Jess: As long as they are beside me, just their presence. We are not perfect, we have fights but those are normal.

 

Blanc’s reason to success is now coming into light. Jessica is a reserved, giving precise and straightforward answers. The passion she has is inspiring as well as her devotion to her family which I have grown curious.

 

Jed: Your family is famous all over the world. Your bond with your twin sister is even more famous, how does Taeyeon finds your endeavor in the fashion world? Which is vastly different from the ways of your brother and father.

 

Jess: Taeyeon is very supportive in EVERYTHING that I do. So basically, she supported me. She knows I love fashion more than the thing my family ventured on. We are also different in some ways, and I always ask her some preferences that she likes which leads me to new ideas, I think our ideas blends really well. Dad and Yunho have very same tastes and they are far more minimal. They inspired me to be simple. (laughs)

 

Jed: How different are the both of you?

 

Jess: Vastly different. (laughs)

 

Jed: Can you name some?

 

Jess: Let me see.....I am clingy, she is not.  She likes sports cars and I don’t. She spends more money than I am. And she is shorter than me. (This part of the interview is where Jessica laughed to the fullest.) But she is my bestfriend and there is nothing more I can ask and I don’t want to change anything.

 

Jed: Well that is vastly balanced. You’ve been married for 3 years now. How is your married life?

 

Jess: Yes! We are living happily. Thank you.

 

Jed: How does Yuri inspires you?

 

Jess: Everything she does inspires me. We have been into a rough patch, our way to marriage is really not a flowery one. She is always there, a hard day at work ends with me being in her arms and it the best thing. When you have love as a fuel, it goes on forever. I will still be here, as long as she is.

 

Jed: Wow. That is brilliant.

 

Jess: I hope you are not grossed out by how cheesy I am. I just love her so much. (giggles)

 

Honestly speaking, I am not grossed out. I am amazed of the glint in her eyes, and how she gushes up to her wife like she is the most precious thing in the world. She is happy, she is inspired, and she has everything which all summed up to the success of her brand.

The black and white office seems to be dull and boring on the first look but the contents inside it makes it colorful. You don’t have to be supernatural to find those invisible colors but you just have to be sensitive enough to feel the elation. The first time I let my eyes roam on the office with more attention to detail, I noticed that the room is full of pictures. All collaged in her wall with such simple frames with the monochromatic colors making the photographs dreamy.

 

Taeyeon Jung in her Blanc and Eclare sunglasses and coat as she enjoys an ice cream, Tiffany Hwang, Seoul’s top doctor in her Blanc and Eclare denim pants as she strolls her dog, Choi Sooyoung in her Blanc and eclare tank top, looking cool as she inspects a big Lambo, Little Yoona Kwon in a New York sunglasses as she eats a burger, Seo Juhyun in a stethoscope and a Blanc and Eclare blouse obscured underneath the pureness of the white doctor uniform, graduation photos of Hyoyeon Kim and Sunny Lee both wearing the white formal attires designed by Jessica herself, and lastly, the biggest picture is Yuri Kwon sporting the winter scarf in her neck as she embraces her in the falling snow. Amazing shots of her family and dearest friends, fluttering feelings of love and bond.

 

  I am about to close the interview when I spotted the small reminder down in my notepad.

 

Jed: Thank you for this opportunity Jessica. Do you mind if I ask one more question?

 

Jess: No I don’t mind. Go on.

 

Jed: There are only two rooms here in the second floor of the building. Your office and I am quite curious of the other one.

 

Jess: Oh. It’s Taeyeon’s entertainment room. She is usually bored and she always crashes here but I am drowned with work so I have it customized for her to be entertained when I am not able to do so. There are a bunch of stuffs in there, Yuri and I enjoy watching movies on my breaks. So I guess Taeyeon being bored is a good thing. Taeyeon’s wife, Tiffany, also visits me often so we usually have some champagne and some late night chitchat in there.

 

Her eyes turned crescent as she snorted. Maybe such question is so random that the CEO finds it entertaining. My hunger for that curiosity is filled and as much as I want to explore the other room, I am not able to do so moreover to the fact that I respect their privacy.  My day started out to be blurry and full of doubts, sweating and more sweating, and it ended with a ravishing turn of events. Blanc is a success both inside and out.  The next collection will be out probably this March, another wave of futuristic designs.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know this magazine has been published already Honey?” Yuri reach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter