.oo1-Prologue

Being Small
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a point in time where things were different. Where everyone was young and people didn’t care about the trivial things that divided the adults that surrounded them. It was this simple time when Park Shinae and Byun Baekhyun had a friendship that seemed unstoppable. They were the friends who always arrived at school together, the ones who always got in trouble for mischievous whispers and taunting giggles, and were practically attached at the hip. In other words, the two were completely inseparable.

But as time went by, boys started to grow into men and girls into women, things began to change. Baekhyun started to notice that most guys in his grade didn’t play games with the other girls, let alone spend all of their time with them. While he had never really cared before about what others thought, something in him wanted to be like them and not stand out. 

But Shinae went about her days ignoring this new status quo, not caring about what everyone else was doing. But when she saw something change in Baekhyun’s actions, the way he spoke, and the way he interacted with her she began to feel a bit…sad. 

Baekhyun soon stopped walking to school with her everyday, he stopped whispering to her, he stopped laughing with her, and eventually he stopped talking to her in general. Shinae was left to her own devices, with no girl really wanting to befriend the class troublemaker and no guy wanting to hang out with a cootie infested girl. Shinae was alone.

While Shinae spiraled into isolation and solitude, Baekhyun grew into popularity. He was soon loved and admired by everyone in the school. Everyone except for Shinae, who was simmering quietly in her own jealousy. 

Shinae did her best to avoid Baekhyun for fear of what would result from them running into each other after so long of them no longer being friends. She always sat in the back of the classroom while Baekhyun resided in the front with his posse of equally loved friends. They no longer looked at each other, no longer talked to each other, and most importantly were no longer friends and most likely never would be. 

But as the tension grew between Baekhyun and Shinae, so did everyone’s obvious dislike for her. It started out subtly with snide whispers that followed Shinae wherever she went. Then it slowly began to escalate. She would go to her locker and find nasty notes shoved through the vents along with some of her things being deliberately stolen or destroyed. But one day, her classmates took it too far.

It started with a bucket of ice water. By the end of the whole catastrophe, S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter