5th Verse

I'm EXTRA ORDINARY!

Claws red.

Blood oozing out his lips. 

A smile.

"D-Don't do this--"

Eyes wide in fear.

I love it.

No, we love it.

Such a pretty emotion.

Then he goes for the kill.

 

Daehyun opens his eyes. The television goes on about something he already knows, and shows pictures. Black and blue corpses with body parts missing, and bite marks. He his lips at the sight. His fingers play with the toast in his hand, then proceeds to nibble on it, bored. The screen shifts to a familiar police station. He bites a little too hard and cuts his lip. By the time he notices, it's already healed. "Some sort of massacre..." Daehyun only picks out the most significant snippets of information. "No witnesses... Bring justice...Bastet will solve this...that and his crew..."

Bastet?

Oh, Himchan...

"." The hybrid utters suddenly, and calmly finishes his breakfast. He then moves to his bedroom and removes the towel on his hair. In complete silence, besides the muffled mumbles of the TV on the first floor, he dresses himself. Daehyun doesn't take the time to search for an extra cover, and wraps a black scarf as a substitute. 

This is a mistake.

No, it's not.

You're weak.

I am.

Camazotz makes no further comments and goes quiet. Daehyun leaves his safe place, and greets the outside world with a hidden smile.

~

 

His feet step on familiar grounds, yet uncharted territory. Daehyun feels bitter nostalgia run cold in his veins. He breathes out slowly. Then puts one foot in front of the other and climbs a small section of stairs. 

He doesn't knock.

It's the same lock from two years ago.

Daehyun uses his old key to open it, and invites himself in.

Even the inside's the same.

Daehyun notes his throat closing up from emotions, and thins his lips. He quickly wipes a lone tear and scolds himself for feeling such a way. 

Even if they hate me...

Even if they all hate me, they're still my ja k'iche.

My stupid, ed up ja k'iche.

Daehyun calms his breathing. He watches the world go dark, and he feels at peace. "Excuse me--Young Master?!" The hybrid turns to the source, and breathes out sharply. A curvy woman flashes for a moment. "Bring me to my mother." 

"Y-You're not--"

"If you don't, I'll kill you." 

She grabs his wrist and cautiously leads him. Daehyun sniffs the air in the meantime. He's soon standing in front of two intimidating doors. "H-Here..." The bat rips his arm away from her, and pushes them open. 

"Grandma! It's uncle!!" Woohyun's voice says excitedly. "Woohyun, go to your room." Daehyun catches the small pads of bare feet and a quick brush of body hear before--nothing. Then his face is jerked to the side by a harsh slap. A feral growl bubbles up his throat. "How dare you allow yourself into my home? Who said you were welcome back, huh?!" She screams, breathing ragged, and he restrains himself from pinning her to the floor. Daehyun instead gently grabs her bony wrist, and pulls it away. 

"You stupid sonofa! Y-You... You KILLED YOUR OWN SISTER!!" The bat knows he should feel bad, he knows but--Daehyun's happy instead. "Woohyun has no parents!" He snorts. Her arms breaks away, and she pinches his cheeks with claws digging in. "As if he needed them." He can feel the anger pouring out of this woman like a waterfall. "You ripped this family apart! All you do is ruin everything... Why couldn't you have been a normal boy?!" Daehyun asks himself the same thing every day. 

"Don't come here again. You aren't allowed to see your nephew." She spits, and finally releases him. The hybrid bares his fangs, "Fine." Then he turns, and leaves the room.

Badum Badum Badum--DumDumDumDum!

"Woohyun, it's not wise to eavesdrop." Daehyun mumbles as he closes the double doors. "How did you--" He sighs. "I'm a bat. I can hear your heart." The boy sniffs, inhales stuttering, and he hiccups. "I can't see you?"

"No. Follow her rules, for now." Daehyun replies coolly, and clicks his tongue. "B-But..." The hybrid moves away from the reaching hand, and pats the child's head before leaving. "H-Hyunnie!" 

 

"Hyunnie~! How was school today?" A young girl with the prettiest smile asks. "It was fun! I got to play outside!" The sick boy responds cheerfully while hugging his sister. Mina skips in, petting a small hamster, and greets them. "Outside? I wish I could go!" Daehyun pouts, "You can. You faked being sick!" Yoorien laughs, soft and light. "You're such a bad influence on Hyunnie!" Mina gapes. "So are you!" As a little boy, he is unable to realize that they're play fighting. "Ish okay! My sissies are the bestest!" Both look at him, "Ah! Cute Hyunnie!"

 

Daehyun is already walking out the front door. He doesn't know where he's going. His legs guide him in the fuzzy darkness. Daehyun smells ducks. A quick exhale--he's at a local park that's with little humans around. The bat gently tugs down his scarf, and feels his peeling lips. They sting upon touch, and he wets them. 

Another breath.

Daehyun closes in on the small pond that resides in the center, and sits on the slightly damp grass. There's a soft moment of silence, calming. It fades at the sound of curious quacks from ducklings. The bat crosses his legs, and rubs his palms on his knees. They near him cautiously. Daehyun's hand twitches at the fuzzy texture grazing his index finger. It waddles, and its webbed feet pat down on his resting hand. He carefully cups the animal and raises it. The duckling settles in his palm.

He blinks.

"That's no normal duck." Daehyun feels body heat inching closer, friendly and happy. The bat ignores the deep, growl-sounding comment. "It's a clone that went wrong." There's the crunching of bending grass--then warmth near his side. "They're usually violent, but this one likes you." Maybe since I'm not normal either. "How so?" His muscles tense up, and he swallows the snarl crawling up his throat. I didn't speak-- "Well, I'm not very normal too." Daehyun slightly relaxes.

I can commit murder by speaking.

The stranger whistles.

"Sounds like you did something bad in your past life." Is that a joke? Daehyun only snorts, and rubs the fur with his thumb gently. "Yongguk!" The hybrid goes ridged in shock. That's Himchan's--! The duck wakes up abruptly, and rolls out of his hand. Short claws elongate to talons that trap the chick inside. "You're supposed to be--oh..."

The scent of blood rises.

"You killed it." Yongguk, the stranger beside him, says. He can suddenly see. "C-Camazotz?" Cold grey eyes flit to the dark-haired man, then to the fair-skinned Himchan. The duck is filled with puncture wounds, and barely breathing. Daehyun stares at the injured creature, then puts it near his mouth.

"Hey--"

Yongguk quiets Bastet with a look, and motions to the bat, "Watch." Teeth retract, and saliva coats the duckling like a second layer of feathers. Moments after, he drags out the bird and places it on the grass. It's motionless. He presses a claw against its little chest. It springs to life, quacking and struggling to get to its feet. Nails shorten back to their original form, and he coughs out a yellow feather. The animal eventually gets up, and walks to the pond, then swims away like nothing.

"How did you...?"

The bat opens his gummy mouth. Then sharp teeth drag themselves out, pearly white and not bloody. Himchan winces while Yongguk looks unsurprised. "You're a little young to be Camazotz." What's wrong with being young? "Nothing. I just expected you to be older." Yongguk says. Daehyun turns away, and picks at the grass. "Himchan has something for you." He growls in warning, put off and shifting away. "T-That's right--um..."

"Here. P-Pass it to him?" Yongguk huffs, "You're scared of him now?" Bastet bites his lip in response. Yongguk does it anyway, and Daehyun stares. It's his mask--no, a re-designed mask. He touches the piece and glares at Himchan. The man openly flinches.

"What did you do?" Daehyun speaks quietly, but it's threatening. "I made it more comfortable and flexible." Yongguk nods, "It works better, and it doesn't strain your breathing." He says nothing but takes it.

"They're looking for you."

Grey eyes darken to brown, and gloss over. "You're too young without proper training for your abilities. I have a proposition for you, Camazotz." 

"Hyung, you know we can't--"

"We're under the care of an agency for heroes, and I think it's a safe choice to join our group." Yongguk finishes. "The rest of us will be terrified of him, hyung." Himchan manages to say. Daehyun tilts his head. "How about I put it this way: other agencies are searching for you to use your powers. You've already made an impact years back. Our agency can offer your protection, but I can't promise that you'll be assigned to our care."

Protection...?

"People won't try to kill you for justice, and you can train." Daehyun stares at the man. "As long as I don't kill any more innocent people." Yongguk nods, and Himchan looks pale. 

"Shall we go?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wowza that was tiring to type out. Ive been doing this thing all night. KMS. I hope you enjoyed it Anyways! :D