3rd Verse

I'm EXTRA ORDINARY!

His laugh is rusty, and a breathy rasp. And Daehyun accidentally reveals something. "You can talk?" One investigator questions, flabbergasted. His small snickers become louder. "They made you seem like some sociopath who kills for fun." He stops laughing in an instant. So fast, that the easing tension spikes violently. 

He's not surprised.

"I'm pretty normal--if you ignore the fact that I can kill people with my voice, haha!"

Daehyun pratically rips the paper with the given pencil for his response. "Enough of that. He still counts as a murderer for killing people. We just need his typing, and we can have our final verdict. There's no other reason why you're here, Himchan-shii." Warm eyes turn cold as the younger-looking interrogator speaks. "And who said you were allowed to talk to me?" Daehyun snorts. Himchan turns, as if he heard him, "Take off the mask, would you?" Daehyun does the opposite and clutches the steel tightly.

What?

Is he insane?

What if...

I can't control it?

"I'm not sure if I should." He writes, and he lowers his eyes to the floor. "Why's that? You got something to hide?" The same interrogator asks with suspicion laced in his words. Well, yes...

But he can't exactly go against them without being suspicious, now can he?

"No, it's just... I don't want to scare you." Not how it scares me. Himchan gives him a look of sympathy, only onces who understand would notice.

"It's alright. They're just doing their job. I can promise you: these two won't lay a finger on you." The one who brought Himchan in, stands, "You can't take sides! Even yourself needs to have an unbiased view on a case like this!" The other simpers, "But I do. And I will keep my word, boy." Daehyun his lip thoughtfully, and wonders why he's even thinking about it.

It should be a no.

Should be.

"Okay..." He gives in, "But don't let them hurt me." Daehyun adds with his messy scrawl. "I won't." Himchan promises gently, soft and caring. At the sound, he can numbly note how choked up he feels, and breathes harshly. His eyes sting.

Daehyun's fingers thread through the multitude of knots and undoes them, trembling. The human investigators move close with bated breaths. He holds the steel before it can fall. I'm bleeding again... Daehyun peeks up at them before removing it.

Blood is the first thing they see. Through tightly closed lips, red oozes out and pools in the mask. Daehyun's chin and part of his cheeks are covered in it. "Get him a container." Himchan is quick to react, and snaps the human duo out of it. He looks at the man with analyzing eyes, nothing the scary symptoms.

The interrogator does it, face pale as he leaves. Daehyun keeps his head down and occasionally coughs. A warm hand makes itself comfortable on his shoulder. He then realizes he's shaking. "Is this why you don't talk?" Yes. He doesn't answer, and instead covers his mouth. "Where's that damn brat?" Himchan grumbles a moment later. "Do you have the slightest idea as to what he may be, Baset?" He sounds strained, but relatively calm.

No. Don't. 

Please don't figure it out-

"Don't call me that when I'm off duty. And... I do, but I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong." As that's said, the interrogator returns with a bucket. Himchan quickly takes it away and passes it to him. Daehyun wants to cry in relief as cool metal touches his fingers. Three pairs of eyes go wide at the sight of the male's cheeks puffing.

Don't.

Don't look at me.

Daehyun shields himself with his back, and throws up.

Again, it's nothing but blood.

"God have mercy on us..." He hears one mumble, and he has the sudden urge to laugh. If only he had mercy on me. Daehyun wipes his lips and glances at them after lowering the pail. "Open your mouth."  Himchan demands, soft but firm. He looks away in silent defiance. 

I...can't.

"You're only proving my idea further to be right. I need you to prove me wrong." I wish I could. Really, I do. He reluctantly obeys, knowing it would be revealed eventually, and slowly shows his bloody teeth. The interrogator immediately regurgitates everything, and moans at the sight. Daehyun recoils and shuts his mouth tight before pinching his nose. Their investigator shivers, but is unable to look away. ". I didn't want to be right..." Himchan whispers, eyes reflecting nothing but sadness. 

I'm sorry.

I'm so ing sorry.

"Do you" He writes out with quiet scratches, "need to see my wings?" What's the point if they know? The man off duty curses loudly, and kicks a by standing chair, "A-Are you.... Aren't you supposed to be extinct?" Daehyun weakly shrugs.

I am.

Yet...

I'm here.

"Are you-Are you a bat hybrid?" He scrapes his nails against the table, and not answering is all the evidence Himchan needs. "You're Camazotz, right?" Daehyun's heart begins to race, and he gulps down a metallic flavor.

Is this all a guess?

Or does he actually know?

"I wouldn't say that." He writes hurriedly, heart in his throat. Himchan looks as if he figured out how to cheat death. "You have to be! How else are you supposed to repopulate your species?" Daehyun looks absolutely appalled, and gags at the thought.

"My parents must've been bats too, otherwise I wouldn't be alive." Daehyun fires back, and light tremors begin to rack his body when Himchan speaks again. "Only Camazotz is a Vampire Bat! And Vampire bats bleed because of negligence of feeding or stimulation!" The newly labeled hybrid grits his teeth in annoyance. 

"I know that! I'm trying!" 

He indirectly confesses.

There's a long, tense silence after that.

Then he hears a soft buzzing.

Dread fills his veins.

Instincts tell him to run.

They promised--!

The interrogator is repeatedly pressing a button, a red button as he breathes sharply and tears prick at his eyes. Daehyun lunges, and knocks over his seat before shoving the human without a second thought. Himchan understands a moment too late. Daehyun rips the button and cuts the wire with his claws, then steps back numbly. 

I...

A body lays on the floor.

I... k-

Daehyun breathes in a shuddering breath.

I killed him.

The interrogator lays open on the floor with a broken skull and continues to bleed out. "It was an accident-" Himchan's voice sounds distant, very distant. Daehyun looks away.

I didn't--

I didn't mean to!

Oh--!

A barrel presses against his temple, It eyes him coldly, unforgiving and without a trace of mercy.

His breaths quicken.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing--?!" He grabs the front and pushes it away just as it's fired. The human screams in fright, and Daehyun takes this chance to make a run for it. "Hold on--" He throws all his weight against the door, and successfully knocks it off the hinges. The investigator watches him go, and cries.

"M-Murderer!"

Himchan finally moves. He grabs the abandoned mask, and wastes no time on following after the run away. 

Daehyun wants to kill himself. Maybe with bleach, or a hang. Maybe he'll slit his throat to put the world's mind at ease. These kind of thoughts jumble in his head as his claws slash an officer's throat.

Run.

Keep running!

Don't stop--

It's all instinct and complete panic.

He ends up in the main room, and soon all officers are surrounding him.

He can't communicate to them.

His mask is off--

They don't know what to do. Daehyun revealed his species--one that's been extinct for centuries. 

Daehyun can feel their fear growing. Their weapons are out, and they point at him. He gulps, feeling a headache start. The hybrid grips his hair with one hand, and holds up the other as a sign of surrender. Either they ignore it, or don't notice it because they take aim. No. No no no.... "He's the one that..." His head hurts. Daehyun curls in on himself, and pulls at his hair. "Kill him!" One orders.

No!

D-Don'! 

They fire.

StOP!!

Daehyun screams.

There's intense roaring in his ears; he can't hear. He looks up, through the fat tears, to see disgustingly brown, skinny flesh fanning out. Go away. Stay back--

Either we die, or they die.

His eyes flicker between ash grey and their natural color, many thoughts and blood thirst breaking through. Daehyun suddenly stops moving, standing hunched over and still. 

Cautiously, policemen close in on the limp male and examine him. One gently puts her hand on his heart, and freezes. She turns to the frightened, but curious eyes of her co-workers, and stutters, "H-He has no heart--!" A hand greets a different pumping organ, and caresses it. They fumble to take aim. The woman chokes, and slowly turns to the bat. He's smirking, like the cruel bastard he is.

Before she could register the gaping hole in her chest, Daehyun's hand turns into a white fist, It's deathly quiet. Not a single person is breathing. The female falls back, as if in slow motion, and splatters on the tiles. In the sea of faces, they have the same expression: shock.

There isn't time to react.

Pliant wings rise and fold. He's suddenly beside another officer, with both in his hold. Sharp nails puncture their necks, and drag down in a clean cut. It takes disturbing onto a whole 'other level. He looks up at the policemen in long rows behind the two corpses, and smiles innocently.

Then he lets out a strong war-cry.

"--!"

One by one, they begin to shoot. But they never hit. Daehyun's dodging as if it anything lethal. He tilts his head and uses the corpses as mangled shields. "You damn rodent!" Bloody hands drop two bodies and those bloody hands kill everything in reach. They didn't stand a chance. Humans can be easily overpowered.

A disgusting species.

Daehyun stands tall, and his fingers. "Are...Are you Camazotz?" The hybrid slightly turns back, and tenses. Himchan's leaning on a wall with labored breaths. Grey eyes flick down to the mask in his grasp. A dripping hand lowers from red lips and goes limp. 

Y-You killed them...

Us or them?

B-But...

His wings spread, and cause Himchan to react.

I'm a murderer...

Their deaths are nothing to dwell on.

Yes they are--!

"You are, aren't you?"

Daehyun's eyes shift to the ceiling, and he flies away.

How could you...

Camazotz doesn't answer.

~

 

 

This was supposed to be posted like a week ago lol But i have exams and ive just been busy. im surprised i managed to even get this out ha! Anyways, what do you think? I hope it was okay. I had to rewrite it lol.