2nd Verse

I'm EXTRA ORDINARY!

"I'm pretty normal--if you ignore the fact that I can kill people with my voice, haha!"

 

 

Well, that's what Daehyun would say.

If he could talk, that is.

But this is no laughing matter, no it really isn't. 

 

 

"Is that thing supposed to control your power?"

 

Daehyun just had his second accident, and it was way worse than the last one. One thing's for sure though--his power is fully mature.

Hours Earlier...

Daehyun is an idiot. A forgetful, but attractive idiot. He agrees whole-heartedly, too. Why? Because he's in the middle of teething, and he has no candy. ("!") 

So, Daehyun is currently in one of the largest malls and inside the sweets department. The timing is such a total , he was on break, dammit! Children holding their mother's hand as they frolic around jawbreakers. He snatches the biggest plastic bag and tears off the seal. Adults watch him out of the corner of their eyes as they continue filling up small baggies. Kids nowadays are no longer all that fond of gummies, which Daehyun is forever grateful for as he spots the three glass containers of worms and bears.

He notes the small children watching him and hurriedly dumps as much as possible, not minding the innocent looks. "Mommy, if I grow up, can I buy my own candy?" The woman sends him a withering gaze, as if it's his fault, and doesn't answer.

The bitter taste of blood swells in thick ropes inside his mouth. Cursing to himself, Daehyun quickly moves to the bears and empties the container. After knotting the bag, the man stalks down to the luckily, line less counter and weighs his candy. 

"Dude, this is unhealthy as ; three pounds is twelve." A teenage cashier mumbles while blowing bubbles with pink colored gum. Daehyun thins his lips. feeling blood squeeze between his mouth and trickle down his chin. Pulling out cash, he pays it evenly and impatiently raps his nails on the table. 

"Nice mask, by the way. Where didja get it, huh?" The boy questions breezily as he lazily watches the receipt crackle from its machine. He nearly opens his mouth to answer, but shrugs instead. "Was it a gift?" Daehyun wants to laugh at the assumption because yeah, a gift... "Here's your-"

Daehyun coughs.

He sputters out a mouthful of blood as it drips out his mask. "Oh , are you okay?" Covering the needle-sized holes, the mans grabs the bag and makes haste. Though he's stopped by the amount of people flooding the halls. They make their way by plowing through.

The fastest way would be through flight, but he can't. Everyone would know what he is, and that can't happen. It just--

He chokes on the body fluid and claws at the mask. The liquid trickles down the start of his upper lip, becoming too full and not draining fast enough. Daehyun isn't allowed to take off his mask in public--it's law.

!

He tears through the leather straps and holds the mask in place with one hand, now attempting to make it to the bathrooms. Daehyun doesn't continue on when blood starts to fill his nose. There are people screaming, he hears them, once his cover is removed. 

It splatters across the floor, coloring it red as Daehyun happily breathes. Don't worry, we can fix this. He wants to agree, he really does. Untying the bag, Daehyun eagerly chews on gummies, blatantly ignoring witnesses and the copper taste. They don't work.

They don't work. 

His abdomen growls in anger, clogging his lungs as Daehyun throws up. Teeth clink on the tiles, and proceed to scar the man with another horrid memory. New fangs struggle through. Blood streams down each individual tooth as they settle in. It hurts. So much pain-- 

Daehyun dry heaves repeatedly with fresh tears welling up in his eyes. It continues, attracting a crowd, but not a single one aiding him. His throat becomes dry, and his new set of teeth stop shifting.

A dull ache takes place inside his mouth as his stomach caws, ripping his insides apart angrily. It's coming--It's coming--! Daehyun needs to leave. He needs to leave now. 

He flings off his jacket and reveals his bandaged abdomen. I need to leave-- "Jung Daehyun!" Secret agents weren't being so sneaky now,. Out in the public's eye, officers with their own strengths are ready for action. They take notice of the blood ad gruesome sight of teeth within it innocently.

"Did it mature?" Daehyun nods, knowing why it occurred due to long years of researching. "We need to send you over too..." His hearing focuses on his stomach howling, shifting uncomfortably. Daehyun can't waste anymore time.  He climbs the railing, and jumps off before anyone can stop him. "! We need to..." The head agent drops his phone and tenses as Daehyun magically flies in the air.

He failed to inform them that he acquired wings, or that he could fly, for that matter. Soaring effortlessly, the man swoops near the lower windows, and dives to curl right back up. To only be held back by the leg. Most of them can teleport! How Daehyun overlooks that, he isn't sure, but he kicks at them wildly.

"I-It's coming!" The male manages to say as a familiar relief expands inside his lungs. Very few agents know what it is, and today is a sad day. He flaps his wings in a poor attempt to make progress before his cheeks puff out.

A sonic boom of-a-screech echoes loudly, and bounces off the walls to break all glass items. Pretty, lethal glass shards the size of bodies pour down like cold, cold rain. His first incident was while he was a teenager. This is adulthood. And damn, it's so much stronger--

Not a single person screamed.

No, there wasn't enough time for that.

It stops with a hearty sigh, Daehyun on the ground with nothing keeping him put. Wait, when did they--? He lays pliant in a coat of crystals, and his hands bleed as he rises to his feet numbly.

They were right behind him. Right behind--oh no...

There's silence. An eerie silence throughout the mall as he slowly turns to face reality. It punches him in the gut, hard.  

Blood.

It's everywhere.

His hand cover his mouth; a silent gasp before Daehyun starts to cry. Nobody is moving. Not a soul making its presence known. Corpses display themselves; they mock him. 

Look at what you've done!

Look!

You killed them!

You MURDERER!!

He screams.

Now...

Daehyun relives the moment over and over. They rewind it, and show the . It's heard for only half a second, before the recorder can no longer pick up sound. Its screen is shattered, but kept itself together long enough to be used as evidence. They turn to him, both wearing a cold grimace, "Why did you do it?" Daehyun rubs his mask as he answers. 'It builds up.' Two pairs of eyes read the response before shaking their heads.

"A power doesn't just build up. Do you charge it?" Daehyun writes no, because I've experimented on that already. He's able to charge it, but the strength is more than just immediate death.

"Well, what are you? From all the descriptions given to us; it doesn't add up." One investigator confesses glumly, and ruffles his own hair.

I can't tell you.

You wouldn't believe me...

They look at him for a long while. Then, the quiet one rises, "I'm going to call someone." As he leaves, Daehyun peeks towards the nearby window longingly. 

I want to fly....

It's only been, at the most, half an hour, before the investigator returns. Another person trails behind him.

They stand out. By the type of attire, he doesn't work for the police. If anything, the guy looks like a bystander. Their eyes meet. Daehyun's already snarling, instincts alone telling him to be wary. Daehyun's dark irises dilate; the unknown person smiles. 

"Hello, my name's Himchan!"

Daehyun laughs at the cheerful tone within such an intense atmosphere, and breaks the silence. 

~

 

 

 

 

Shook!

BUTTTT! I'm glad you're liking this. 

This is really fun to write toooo! 

I hoped you liked this chapter!!!