Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JACKSON

 

Jackson did not hear the jiggling of keys, or the front door being opened or the sound of Bambam’s footsteps as he stepped into the living room to stand in front of the couch where Jackson was lazily perched. It wasn’t until he saw a pointed, pink high heeled boots that he looked up only to find a grinning Bambam holding a large paper bag.

Jackson scrambled to take his earphones off and sat up to greet Bambam.

“Bam!” he croaked which caused the younger boy to chuckle.

“Hey Jack, I bought jjigae for you,” he said, waving the paper bag in front of Jackson’s face. “C’mon, let’s go to the kitchen so you can eat,” Bambam said, proceeding to the kitchen. Jackson had to follow the younger boy’s lead. He really isn’t all that prepared for this version of Bambam, this upbeat, happy Bambam as if last night did not happen – this Bambam who is acting as if he did  not break down at Mark’s announcement of his relationship with Jinyoung.

“How much do I owe you?” Jackson asked, trying to find something to talk about to avoid bringing up what transpired the previous night.

“Nothing. You don’t owe me a cent,” Bambam answered, arranging Jackson’s meal on the table.

“Eat,” he ordered.

“Okay, thank you,” Jackson said, still slightly uncomfortable. He does not like this version of Jackson and Bambam. They seem like strangers trying to find a neutral subject to talk about. It feels like one wrong move will break this fragile moment. An awkward silence ensued, with Jackson trying to busy himself with food – mechanically putting food in his mouth, chewing, swallowing, and not looking at Bambam.

Bambam cleared his throat and Jackson had to look up to search the other’s face.

“Sooooo…” Bambam started, dragging the one-syllable word out. “How have you been Jack? Seriously! When was the last time we sat down and talked? This is weird. It’s weird isn’t it? It’s like, this is not us. I feel like I’m outside of this body watching these two people interact, like a dance but both don’t know what the next move would be. Weird, right? Or is it just me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter