This I Promise You

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JACKSON

 

He heard the door creak and saw the tall silhouette of Bambam as he was trying to get into the bedroom. They have already turned the lights off; Mark is already sleeping on the other side of the room. He motioned for Bam to join him in bed by waving his cellphone at him.

Bambam walked quietly to Jackson’s side of the bedroom, making sure not to make unnecessary noises so as not to wake their eldest. Jackson scooted over to give Bambam enough room.

“Hi,” he greeted Bambam as the other went to lie down beside him.

“Hello Jack, are you feeling okay?” Bambam questioned while he tried to find a more comfortable position beside Jackson.

“Yeah, it’s just that I called my Mom today and she said she misses me. You know how it goes,” Jackson told Bambam, while also trying to scoot over to be able to give Bambam more room to move. He did not expect Bambam to turn on his side though, face him and wrap an arm around his waist.

“Uhmm. Yeah, I know. But always go back to the reason why we’re here Jack. Remember your pep talk?” Bambam asked with a smile evident on his voice even though Jackson could not clearly see his face.

“Yeah, yeah. I remember. All of it,” he said. Jackson is finding it hard to concentrate on the conversation, not when he can feel Bambam’s breath on his face, not when he can feel the arm s around his waist and not when Bambam is clearly trying to comfort him by moving closer and pressing his face on his chest. Jackson could not think straight. All he could think about at that moment is how easy it would be to lift Bambam’s chin, look straight into the other’s eyes and collect what he had been craving for he does not know how long – a kiss. Just one kiss. He felt Bambam move all of a sudden and he found himself staring at his friend’s face again, now illuminated by his lit up cellphone screen.

“I know what we should do. We should listen to a song. I love this song. You’ll love this too,” Bambam enthusiastically whispered, still concern about waking up Mark with the noise.

“Uhh, no thank you. You are going to make me listen to the same song again. Will it be the same son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter