When I Said Slow

Don't run Unless you Want the Wolf to Chase you

And by slow, Joshua meant slow. All they had really done was eat lunch with Joshua’s friends and on occasion, if Joshua wasn’t busy with something or his job at the library and he’d deign to give Jeonghan some of his time, they went to get coffee. And it was always at the coffee shop near the library.

Jeonghan had eyes on him constantly as he hung out with Joshua. If it wasn’t Joshua’s friends during lunch, it was the guys Joshua knew at the café, or it was Minki from the library. He half wondered if Joshua was doing this to get Jeonghan to go the hell away. But he never seemed to get tired of Jeonghan’s presence.

Joshua smiled at him, , played with him, not in the fun dirty way, but like they were friends. Despite his looks of being cute and soft, Joshua wasn’t that lamblike. He had bite to him and it made Jeonghan grin back fiercely wanting to bite back.

 It was different from how Jeonghan normally took his albeit short relationships. If they could even be called that. How he acted during them. Jeonghan was different around him. Joshua made him feel things. Things that made his heart clench and his stomach flip flop, and things down in his nether regions. Jeonghan never felt so out of his depth.

“Hey,” Joshua said, poking him in the cheek, “are you alive in there? I asked you if you needed help. You’re just staring at your book like it’ll start speaking and it’ll tell you the answers.”

Joking, Jeonghan propped his elbow on the table, giving Joshua a flirty smile, “Want to feel my heart? To make sure I’m still alive?”

Joshua’s eyebrows rose. “Your mouth just opened and you spoke. That’s enough evidence for me. Do you need help or were you daydreaming?”

Minki passed by them with the book cart, making sure to wink at them before moving on to put the books back where they belonged.

“It isn’t daydreaming,” he huffed. “I was thinking.”

“About important things?” Joshua bent his head to go back to his own book.

Everything about Joshua was important. So yes, Jeonghan would say so. But he played it off, “All of my thoughts are important,” he said snootily.

“Even your thoughts that bring you wet dreams?”

Jeonghan choked. Hearing his lamb joke about dirty things still took him by surprise. He hissed back at Joshua, “When they’re about you yes.”

That caused Joshua to look up, his eyes wide. His pretty lips parted in a slight O. Jeonghan watched as he flushed.

Well. He smirked. “All the ones I have now are all about you,” Jeonghan his lips slowly. “It’s something.” Jeonghan could remember dreams full of y kitten like Joshua, or when they got rough with each other and Joshua was wild on his lap.

Snapping out of it, ears red, Joshua glared. “Full of your imaginary thoughts. We’re nowhere near the stage for your wet dreams to be happening in real life.”

“But the fact that you’re saying we’re at stages means that I might be getting somewhere,” Jeonghan pointed out, “and that’s enough for me right now.”

Joshua’s lips thinned and the blush didn’t abate. He closed his book, clearly restraining himself from slamming it. “Let’s go get something to cool your head. You ert.”

“Sure.” Jeonghan wouldn’t even deny it.


“Hey you two,” Minhyun said with a wink. “What can I getcha today?”

“Iced coffee,” Joshua said, “and ice. Lots of ice for this ert so he can cool off,” he growled, thumb jabbing in Jeonghan’s direction. He flounced off to grab a table to sit at, leaving Jeonghan to pay.

Minhyun’s eyebrows rose. “ert? What did you do?”

Jeonghan blushed. It was one thing to tell Joshua, the object of his wet dreams. But someone who would likely flay Jeonghan alive for having impure thoughts about their ‘baby’. No. He needed his handsome looks to get Joshua. “Just said some things.”

His eyebrows disappeared. “Ssuurree. Ice water, emphasis on the ice for you. On the house.”

“Thanks,” Jeonghan said, slipping some money into the tip jar. He waited at the side, letting Joshua have his alone time to cool down. He wasn’t going to admit he was half afraid he’d get slapped or punched.

“Order for Jeonghan!” Jonghyun grinned. “Here you go. More ice than water for you and Joshua’s iced coffee spiked with caramel.”

Jeonghan saluted him with the cups. He turned, walking to Joshua. “Iced coffee.”

Taking it, Joshua sipped, ignoring Jeonghan. He stopped sipping, choosing to play with the straw using his teeth, worrying at it. He let it go, face going up to let his eyes blaze at Jeonghan. “You’re taking me out on a date.”

Jeonghan felt a rush go through his brain, thinking he didn’t hear Joshua correctly. “What?”

“Right now,” he demanded.


A/N: It's my 3 year anniversary on AFF XD. I didn't even notice. happy anniversary to me i guess. and i guess some people still don't know but i'm on twitter under lietothedevil. so yea. if you want to know if i'm alive or if i'm writing, someitmes i do post about writing and polls and stuff on there.