Maybe's and If's

Don't run Unless you Want the Wolf to Chase you

He looked over to Seungkwan chuckling before turning back to Jeonghan. “You don’t have to answer him. He’s just overly curious.”

“Clearly,” Jeonghan choked out. It certainly broke the tension at least.

Seungkwan’s eyes gleamed. “If we have him here, let’s just confirm some rumors.” He shrugged. “If he’s ok with that.” He stared at Jeonghan, a weird scary glint in his eyes. “Are you?”

Jeonghan stopped himself from squirming. This was a different type of scrutiny then he was used to. Most people only looked at him because they found him attractive and wanted in his pants. Or they hated him for being rich and good looking and having all the girls, and some guys following him. Perhaps this was karma, for all the stalker like behavior he had done following Joshua around and waiting for him outside of class.

“We ask people who might become our friend questions that aren’t invasive Seungkwan,” Joshua chided. “Things like what’s your favorite color. Who they hang out with? Why are they so stubborn,” he said wryly.

Jeonghan had the decency, and the shame at this point to blush. Unconsciously, his hand went up to rub at the back of his head, ruffling his own hair. It was a bad habit that his home tutors tried to stop but it came back whenever he felt truly embarrassed, a rare thing. Mumbling into his hand, “I’m just really interested. Sorry.”

A few snickers were heard across the room.

“In what way?” Jihoon looked at him, eyes narrowed in question.

“That’s something for me to find out,” Joshua said, butting in. Leveling his own look at Jihoon, he continued, “It’s going to be between me and Jeonghan.”

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” he murmured. Wonwoo nodded in agreement.

Joshua smiled, for once he didn’t feel the irrational urge to brain Jeonghan. Seeing him break that cool rich kid façade made Joshua softer, more inclined to maybe get to know him. “It’ll be an adventure.”

“Just don’t get lost hero,” Minghao warned.

“I’ve got a great band of friends who’ll help me if I do,” Joshua said warmly.


“So,” Jeonghan said, not wanting to break the peaceful silence, but he needed to know, “what are we going to do now?”

“Going to class,” Joshua responded, stopping to turn and look at Jeonghan, raising his eyebrows like he didn’t know that Jeonghan was that stupid.

Jeonghan would’ve been offended on a normal day but he was feeling…jittery. “No. I mean from now on. What are we going to do?”

“I think you mean what I’m going to do,” Joshua said laughing. “I’m going to get to know you. In the process you’ll get to know me. And if you find yourself a lot less interested we’ll just leave it at classmates who are slightly close.”

“But what if I just get more interested?” Jeonghan felt like a kid, asking question after question.

Joshua looked at him. “Depends on if I get more interested.” He “started walking again, “If,” he paused, “a big if. But if I’m interested too, we can maybe go out.”

“On dates,” Jeonghan asked, perking up.

Laughing, Joshua nodded. “Yea. Exactly like that. But we’ll see.”


A/N: This will probably be the last short chapter for this story. i think. but the next one should go back to the old 1k word length