The Wolf Approaches the Lamb

Don't run Unless you Want the Wolf to Chase you

still have no idea where i'm going with this but i sort of wanted to write it so here we go


“Where were you?” Seungkwan gave him a curious look.

That boy was always too interested in knowing what was going on. Like a ravenous little squirrel that was never full. Except gossip and the latest news was Boo Seungkwan’s food, not nuts or stolen food from the students.

“Returning something,” Joshua answered back, plopping down on a chair. “I swear it wasn’t even worth it.”

“He was returning something to Yoon Jeonghan,” Soonyoung said through his full mouth.

“Chew before you speak,” he reprimanded.

“It’s nasty,” Wonwoo added.

Minghao snickered along with Vernon.

Swallowing Soonyoung said, “Shua found a bracelet and it belonged to him so he went to return it. How was it?”

“Weird,” Joshua mumbled. Digging into his bag he continued, “He acted like I returned it wanting a favor in return. It was ridiculous.” He bit into his sandwich angrily. “Not worth it.”

Pointing at Joshua with his chopsticks, Seungkwan raised one brow, “They’re used to people swarming them and stuff. Rumor had it one person stole Jeonghan’s bracelet once and returned it only after securing a date with him.”

Scoffing Joshua looked at Seungkwan. “They’re not even worth the attention. There are better looking people around. The student body acts like they’re the hottest of the bunch.”

“Well,” Seungkwan said, dragging out the L’s, “they sort of are.”

“Hey,” Vernon said, jabbing him, “what about me?”

“Besides you Vernonie,” he grinned.

Wonwoo coughed. “We’re not exactly ugly you know,” pointing to all of them. “I’ve heard plenty of girls in my class sigh a time or two over Joshua. Or over Soonyoung’s hip s in dance practice.”

“The girls coo over Hao Hao,” Joshua chuckled.

“Don’t want to be cooed over,” he said with an aggressive bite of his rice.

“It’s the accent,” Jihoon said.

“People coo over Jihoonie too,” Soonyoung giggled.

“Ow!” Soonyoung rubbed at his arm with a small pout.

“Shut up. No one asked you,” Jihoon said with a blush.

Chuckling Wonwoo said, “It’s the hair.”

“That you all made me do on a dare,” he snapped back. “Something that Shua hyung got away from.”

“You want me to die Jihoonie?” Joshua the watery cat eyes. “My mom would kill me. I went home for the holiday remember? She’d never let me back here.”

“Not like you’re going to go back anytime soon,” Seungkwan said.

“Can totally do it now bro.” Vernon grinned at him. An evil grin.

All of them actually gave him evil smiles.

“What? Wait. Guys.” He stood up. “Let’s think about this here. We don’t have time to go to the salon this week.”

“We’re free this weekend, Minghao piped up. “What color?”

“Something like mine,” Jihoon said with an evil little smirk that didn’t suit his face.

“Not as cotton candy pink,” Soonyoung said. “We can ask noona. She’ll help us. Something to match hyung’s pretty face.”

Joshua gave them all ugly looks. “I’ll kill you all if it looks like .”

They all laughed.


Joshua sighed putting his books away. One more day of school ended. Now he could go back to the dorm and just sleep or something. Wonwoo would shake him awake for dinner. Boarding school, he mentally scoffed.

“It’d be good for you Joshua,” his mom said.

Yea. Soooo good for him. While it wasn’t super isolated the small city wasn’t exactly bustling like LA had been. Being stuck here wasn’t fun either. Not since they couldn’t afford to give him a car. That would’ve been nice if they did.

Standing up he moved towards the door. As he exited he felt his wrist be caught once again, just like earlier. He whirled ready to snarl at the person.

Yoon Jeonghan in the flesh stood by the door waiting for him, his fingers wrapped around Joshua’s thin wrist in a semi-tight hold.

“What do you want?” Joshua was being polite. If the other boy could hear the bite in his voice oh well.

“I just wanted to talk,” he said, moving away from the wall. “And thank you for returning my bracelet to me. Joshua.”

Joshua nearly shivered. The way Jeonghan dragged out the syllables of his name. He couldn’t tell if he was disgusted or sort of . It was probably disgust as Joshua couldn’t stand anything about the wolf pack.

“Cool,” Joshua said, gently trying to take his hand back. “I got your thanks. You can leave now.” He took a few steps back in hopes that Jeonghan would let go but he followed Joshua.

“It means a lot,” he said, nearly pulling a grimace, like he had never meant a simple thank you before. “This is important to me.” His fingers circled Joshua’s wrist, tapping on the bones lightly. “My par—“ He stopped, eyes going a bit soft. “It’s just super important.”

Joshua looked at him, curious. What in the hell? He actually looked super grateful, even if it sounded reluctant as hell. “I’m glad then. Try not to lose it next time. Maybe get the clasped looked at,” Joshua mentioned. “Now I need to go. So please let go of me.”

“Oh,” Jeonghan said surprised, his eyes wide. His fingers were still tapping on Joshua’s skin. He let his hold go. Schooling his expression, he turned predatory eyes towards Joshua. “Sorry. Your skin is just super soft.” He smirked. “Like a lamb’s wool.”

Joshua back pedaled away from him. Nearly growling Joshua said, “I’m not a lamb. Don’t lose your stuff again if it means a lot to you.” He whirled, walking away quickly, lengthening his normal stride to get away from Jeonghan. Weirdo.


Jeonghan looked down at his hand. He wasn’t lying. Joshua did have soft skin. His face was soft too. Like a cute animal.

Girls gave up information so easily. Thankfully it made it easier to find out who Joshua was. A mention of a cross earring and cat like eyes narrowed it down quickly. It was luck that Joshua happened to be in his class too. Jeonghan had watched him during class, practically boring holes into his head, yet Joshua didn't turn around. The other boy actually took notes diligently. A studious, cute, person.

Fingers curling in, as if he could still feel Joshua's bony wrist and soft skin, Jeonghan thought, Joshua was interesting.