So the Wolf Said to the Lamb, I'm More Then What I Seem

Don't run Unless you Want the Wolf to Chase you

Joshua slammed the door, making it shake hard.

“What’s wrong?”

“Where’s the fire?”

“Who the hell pissed you off?” Minghao looked ready to fight.

It was known that Joshua rarely got pissed. He was the nice one. The softer one of their group along with Soonyoung and chill Vernon.

“Yoon Jeonghan,” Joshua hissed, fire in his eyes. “He freaking kissed me!”

Seungkwan stood up in a flash. “No,” he said, all surprised, his eyes bugging out. “Tell me all hyung.”

“He’s been following you for a few days right?” Jihoon asked.

Joshua whipped towards him. “How?”

“Overheard him and one of his fellow wolves talk about it,” Jihoon said with a shrug. “I didn’t think they were serious but I guess not.”

“How was it?” Soonyoung piped up. “Is he as good as all those girls say he is?”

Seungkwan held onto Joshua’s arm, clearly interested in hearing all the juicy details. “Tell me. Tell me. Hyung, tell me~.”

“Tell us,” Wonwoo butted in. “Seungkwan means tell us.”

“He just kissed me,” Joshua snapped. He left out being against the wall and the petting.

“Was it a French kiss? Did it involve tongue? Was it hard? Soft? Was his lips chapped?” Seungkwan spewed out the words a mile a minute.

“Boo. Babe,” Vernon said, taking Seungkwan bodily away from Joshua. “Calm down. Joshua will tell us if he wants too.”

“Right,” he said, straightening his clothes. “So, tell us.”

Joshua looked at him his face deadpan. “What else is there to tell? Yoon Jeonghan freaking kissed me.”

Minghao gave him a serious look. “Do we need to do some strategic beating up?” He punched his fist into his open palm, his eyes dead serious and menacing.

“If anyone is going to take a swing at him it’ll be me,” Joshua said, still fuming on the inside. He couldn’t believe that his first kiss was taken by one of the wolf pack. By an annoying, piece of—. Joshua cut off his train of thought there before he started cursing. The stupid bastard.

“Was it a good kiss at least?”

Joshua growled, chucking his bag to the floor.


Jeonghan true to his word did leave Joshua alone. For a few days. He wouldn’t get close but he would smile in Joshua’s direction, wink at him on occasion, and on others tap at his lips with a twinkle in his annoying eyes reminding Joshua of their kiss.

Joshua bared his teeth in response to the lip tapping and ignored Jeonghan the rest of the time. But in here he was safe. Away in the dusty old city library manning the check out table, Joshua was safe. Away from Jeonghan’s roaming eyes and his stupid smirks.

Yawning, Joshua covered his mouth. He was so tired. He kept having these annoying dreams about being chased. By some sort of animal. It was so vivid. He kept running in the dream, breathing deeply, his heart racing too quickly. It was fear he had never felt before. And the worst part was that he always woke up before the animal pounced on him, leaving him with no identity to the animal.

Was it because of Jeonghan? He was being chased in a literal sort of sense in real life. But no. He shook his head. It couldn’t be. But…

Taking a look on the computer, he wrote down the numbers and ripped the post it off, taking it with him. It wouldn’t hurt to look at a book or two on dream interpretation.

Thank goodness Wonwoo wasn’t here today.  He’d raise his brow and then Joshua probing questions that Joshua didn’t have answers too.

He stopped in front of the shelf; running his finger down the spines he stopped at the book with the corresponding title. Gently, he maneuvered it out, tucking it under his arm. He hoped it would shed some light on his new dreams.


“What?” He scratched at his head. “But I’m not running from some—“

“Not running from who?”

Jeonghan’s face was right in front of Joshua’s, making him take several steps away from the counter. What in the world was this guy doing here? How did he even know Joshua worked here? Was he stalking him?

Gritting his teeth, Joshua said, “How may I help you?”

Jeonghan let the changed of topic slide. This was a good enough opportunity to get Joshua to do something with him. “Go on a date with me,” he put his elbow on the counter, leaning in with his face on his palm. “It’ll be fun. Promise.”

With a smile on his face, even if Joshua’s eyes said death, he said, “I’m sorry sir. The libraries don’t provide such a service. But if you need books or need some help finding some news articles on how to find a date we can help with that.” Joshua took another stab at him, “Are you in need of help in that area? Who would’ve thought Yoon Jeonghan couldn’t get a date.”

Jeonghan smiled back at him. Well, the lamb had way more bite than he thought. It was cute. And y. The way the other boy looked at Jeonghan from beneath his nose, elongating his neck was rather hot. Jeonghan could imagine biting hickeys into that neck. “You sure you don’t?” He brought his hand onto the counter, making tiny figure eights with his finger. “I’ve been wanting a date rather badly with this one boy, but he keeps rebuffing me. Maybe you’ll make me feel better?”

“If you go from one person to the next trying to make yourself feel better,” Joshua said tightly, “you’ll never find anyone to love you. No one likes a disloyal person.”

And didn’t that hit home for Jeonghan. He was always a flirt and his dates and significant others knew it. And the fact that he never changed his habits either. It always ended his relationships. If they weren’t already ended by the fact they were a gold digger or that they never could look past everything.

“And what if I say I can be a loyal person?” He looked Joshua in the eyes. “I am more than what I seem. Please.”

Staring at Jeonghan in surprise, the gears in Joshua’s head turned. What in the world was he talking about? What was he trying to pull?

“Joshua,” a voice interrupted them. “You can go back to school now. You’re shift is over.”

Joshua turned and saw his coworker who went to the nearby college. “Thanks, Minki.” He moved fast. “Help me put this away please?”

Minki nodded, waving away at him. “Got it.”

Joshua ran to the staff lounge, ignoring the boring eyes of Yoon Jeonghan.


“If you’re trying to win Joshua over,” Minki said lightly, closing the book Joshua had open on the counter, “he likes sweets and people to be real with him.” He smiled at Jeonghan; the smile not quite reaching his eyes. “Fake people won’t cut it. He can see a fake a mile away. Might want to actually be real with him.”

Jeonghan clenched his fists. “I am.” He choked on the next few words. “I just might be embellishing things a bit.”

Minki moved away from the counter, taking the book with him. “Well, unembellish them.” He looked up at the clock. “You might find Joshua at the Magpie Café down the street around this time. He likes to catch a meal there on deals. But you didn’t hear that from me.”

“Thank you,” Jeonghan said.

“Don’t hurt him,” Minki warned, walking away. “Joshua’s precious to us here. And we have an awful number of books to use as projectiles.”

“I’ll try not to.”

“Make that you’ll never and maybe you’ll get my blessing. See you later kid.”

Jeonghan left the library quickly. If he made it in time, he could find a seat and ambush Joshua there.