And so the Wolf Called the Lamb

Don't run Unless you Want the Wolf to Chase you

Joshua thought he lost his weirdo shadow. Especially since he hadn’t seen Jeonghan outside of class for the past few days. But lo and behold Jeonghan stood outside the door to their little dingy classroom they spent their time in, acting like a little lordling.

He leaned back against the wall, his hair slightly slicked back and half tousled to capture that half-rumpled style that looked artful. His hands were in his pockets, his face in a nonchalant façade. Stupid bastard certainly looked cool just standing there. It irked Joshua.

“What are you doing here?” Joshua didn’t even bother to keep the venom from his voice. He was getting tired of Jeonghan hanging around him and his haunts.

Shrugging, Jeonghan pushed away from the wall. “I wanted to see you.”

Joshua snarled. “Why? Go back to your friends. No need to slum it with people like me.”

“But I’m interested. And it isn’t because I want to you,” Jeonghan said quietly. “I know that’s why you think I’m suddenly all in your business. But that isn’t the end goal.”

“Then what is,” Joshua said, not trusting Jeonghan. He wasn’t going to let anyone play him for a fool.

“You’re really distrusting, aren’t you?”

“Tell me or I swear I’ll punch your lights out,” Joshua snapped. He had enough of this crap.

“Feisty.” Jeonghan gave him a flirty smile, almost as if he thought that would distract Joshua.

Joshua moved forward, his hand clenched in a fist.

Jeonghan sighed. “Geez. Fine. I’ll tell you.”


Joshua drove a hard bargain. Jeonghan gritted his teeth. “When you returned my bracelet to me,” he stopped. This was beyond embarrassing to admit. He breathed in slowly, remembering how Minki, Jonghyun, and even Minhyun said that Joshua liked honesty. Honesty. Jeonghan could try. “You didn’t want anything in return. You just gave it back.” His voice got quieter, he looked down, “No one’s ever done that before.”

“Oh.” There was pause. “I…didn’t think that it was like that.” Joshua broke off.

“No need to pity the rich kid,” Jeonghan said harshly.

“It’s not pity,” Joshua said.

Jeonghan heard footsteps, then he felt arms enveloping him in a hug.

“It must’ve been hard living life not knowing if someone was being nice to you just because or if they were doing it for some ulterior motive,” Joshua whispered into his ear.

Jeonghan said nothing. His arms moved, wrapping his arms around Joshua. He hadn’t been hugged like this in a long time. A hug filled with kindness was warm.


After a few minutes, Joshua moved away. “Let’s go inside. My friends are weird but so am I and if you can’t take that then we can associate with each other,” he teased Jeonghan.

Jeonghan gave him a small smile, a genuine one. “I can do weird. Mine aren’t in their right minds either.”

“Cool.” He took Jeonghan by the arm, and opened the door. Grinning at their faces, Joshua nodded to them. “Guys, this is Jeonghan.” He turned his head a bit to eye Jeonghan, “Jeonghan, these are my friends.”

“Hi,” he said.

Seungkwan dropped his chopsticks in surprise. “Yo-Yo-Yoon Jeonghan?”

“A new friend,” Wonwoo asked quietly.

“Maybe,” Joshua said, pushing Jeonghan into a seat before plopping down into his.

Minghao smirked. “If you say so.”

Joshua opened his lunch, abruptly handing a sandwich half to Jeonghan, nodding as he took it cautiously.

Jihoon eyed him beadily. “He coming back next time?”

Shrugging, Joshua bit into his sandwich.

“Better watch yourself,” Soonyoung said menacingly.

“We don’t like interlopers we can’t trust,” Jihoon added.

Jeonghan stared at the sandwich, his brain not quite getting the situation. He startled when Joshua took his hand up and moved it to his mouth.

“Eat,” he commanded. “Food is good for you. Despite what all those stupid magazines say.”

Nodding, Jeonghan took a bite, smiling at the taste. Simple but fresh. Not complicated like all the stuff he ate normally.

“He’s…” Joshua paused, “he’s ok. For now.”

Jihoon and Soonyoung nodded. They could take that answer for now.

Seungkwan’s voice came out of nowhere. “Is it true that you ed those twin girls at the same time?”

Jeonghan choked on his sandwich; Joshua whacked him on the back.

Minghao laughed at the absurd question. What the was Seungkwan thinking?

“Boo!”

Jihoon started to cackle like a little hyena, clearly watching one of the wolves choke was funny.

“You ok,” Joshua asked, taking a look at Jeonghan.

Jeonghan nodded. Good lord.

Grinning, Joshua nodded happily seeing that Jeonghan was ok. “Told you we were weird.”