Chapter 19

My Meteorite

We were doing it tonight. Xiumin and I were going to get to the Other side where Chanyeol was waiting. I went through the plan in my head. Just as I was about to walk into one of my wards, I saw Jongin in the hallway. I gave him a small wave. He looked at me and indicated that he wanted to speak to me. I inclined my head and followed him to a private room.

I want to convince you to not do this, he said this in a serious tone but the tender look on his face gave away his true feelings. He still cared for me. A part of me wished that he had asked me to stay, it would have been easier especially looking at it all retrospectively. But I know that it wont work considering you have made up your mind. So, I want you to know that regardless of the outcome, I will always be on your side, however if you may need me, I will always be there for you.

I met Xiumin by the old sewage pipe that he told me about. I looked at him and he gave me a nod.

It might still stink a bit, Xiumin warned.

I nodded, I could handle this much, I mean the hospital didnt always smell like sunshine and daisies.

We crawled for what felt like hours on end but I knew that it was only going to be for 2 hours. We turned here and there, and as we reached the other end we slowed down.

Xiumin carefully pulled at the bars and placed it to the side. I watched as he looked from side-to-side checking for anyone who might stumble upon us. He got out quickly and indicated with his hand for me to follow. He kept looking around and I could see the alertness making his body tense. We both knew that the consequences would be a gunshot if we were lucky.

We ran and after a while we arrived at a bush. Xiumin cleared the bush and underneath was a door, he struggled with it before opening it. We became extra cautious as we arrived at the door that would lead us into Kriss home.

Some how we managed to get in, and we arrived at his door. Opening the door leading to his room, I saw him standing facing the window.

Kris, I said rather breathlessly. He turned around to look at me. Kris, come. Your family wiped your memory and did some other things to you. This isnt who you are. I said imploringly.

Uhm Nari, Kris responded in a voice that I had never heard before. You remember me!

Of course, he remembers you, an old wizened voice said from behind me.

I looked behind me and saw that Chanyeol was being restrained by two men in black suits.

I am Kriss grandfather and the Head of the Wu family. However, I do remember you little Nari. So cute in a little purple tutu, the old man said with a smile.

Nice to meet you sir, I replied feeling rather uncertain of the situation.

He nodded in reply and then looked at Kris, You can choose to leave if that is what you want. We have after all not altered anything really.

Kris stared at me with a blank look and began, I know that you think that there is something wrong with me but I still have all my memories. However, I can now analyse them and the circumstances now with a more level-head. And Ive reached a decision to not choose you. This is my family, Nari. I hope you can understand where I am coming from even if you have none of your own.

I forced a smile on my face, I understand. But I really did, I would do anything for my family, but Im not sure I could if they betrayed me in such a manner. However, for Kris, what they had done essentially was make what was important to Kris clear to him. He had always stood by his family, when he heard the decision that my family would die, as he watched Xiumin being disowned, as he oversaw the Parks unethical experimentation on humans, and now this.

Now that you know everything, as Head of the Wu family, I humbly ask for your pardon in the role that we played in murder of your family. I understand that no words or compensation could ever fill the large hole in your life but I hope that knowing that we are remorseful will be of some form of comfort to you. Due to the greed of my son and his wife, you grew up alone and suffered a lot in terms of material necessities and luxuries. I understand that you have no need for any monetary recompense so would like to offer resources to the hospital that you work at and ensure that it will have the newest technology and the knowledge to operate them.

Unless you are willing and able to offer those resources to all of our medical facilities on our side, I think it would be better that you didnt. I dont want to create mistrust in our community, if you are sincere in your offer you can just ensure that the hospital I work at is always well-supplied with the resources that we usually receive, I negotiated as politely and professional as I could. I was never one for business and this was way above my head.