Chapter 12

My Meteorite

I was walking towards the hospital when I suddenly felt two presences behind me and then darkness.

When I woke up, I was on a white chaise chair with a view of a green garden. I stared at it for a while, I hadnt seen a garden so well-kept since I was a child. The longer I looked at it the sadder I felt.

A voice all of a sudden said, I apologize for the way you were brought in. We didnt want to raise too many suspicions.

I looked up to see a familiar face. The man that was brought in! The one from the Other side! I was shocked I hadnt expected to ever see him again.

Its a pleasure to meet my saviour, he said with a slight incline of his head. He reached out his hand and introduced himself, My name is Kris Wu and I believe I owe you quite a debt.

I swallowed and tentatively stretched my hand out. He gently took it and placed a light kiss on the back of my hand. I felt a slight tinge of heat spread to my cheeks and hurried to pull my hand away. I heard a soft chuckle and saw that he was smiling. I cleared my throat and said, Im Uhm Nari. Its enough for me to see you in good health.

He smiled a little before returning to a face trained to be polite but blank. Unfortunately, I must request something of you. I know that I have brought much trouble to you and I am sorry that I must burden you again.

I was confused what could I possibly offer someone of his background.

Perhaps if I were to show you, Kris said and raised his arm indicating towards a door.

Uh Sure!

He held the door open and then led me through a corridor before pausing at a door. He seemed to need to collect himself before opening the door.

As he opened the door, I saw a beautiful girl lying on a bed, she was hooked to similar machines to the hospital but infinitely more advanced. I walked in, trying to find some answer as to why she was asleep.

I frowned then looked at Kris, Why is she like this?

We dont know, he said and I watched as he seemed to find it difficult to explain the situation to me.

Before I could question him further, a group consisting of what looked like 3 doctors and 2 bodyguards came in.

Dr. Uhm, you were asked to come in to help consult us on this case, the one doctor said.

Asked? I dont think so I dont recall ever being asked to come. But no matter, this is unknown territory and I dont think being cheeky would help.

Yes, can you tell me more about this patient? I inquired, putting on my professional mask.

He then took out a small rectangular object that morphed to a tablet and handed it to me whilst saying, Here are her files.

As I read, I noticed that there was no name part in the basic information. Clearly, they dont even want me to know more about the patients background, they only want a solution. The more I read the more familiar the case sounded to me. Did she ever venture to our side? I asked.

We believe that is where she contracted this disease, someone answered.

Its not a disease. She likely overdosed on some of the drugs that we have, probably mixed a good few together too if she hasnt woken up in 3 years. It wont be hard to reverse the effects, shell be up and about in a week. The drugs are cheap but good quality for some reason, I explained without looking up. Did you try giving her Layox? I asked.

Layox? What is that? a voice inquired condescendingly.

I looked up to find the source of the voice and stared at them hard, Do you seriously not have it? Show me all your medical drugs.

I was led to a room filled with medications and bottles. I searched for a while but couldnt find Layox. It seems your stores are missing a few things, I said, Luckily for you, I know how to make some. I looked at everyone with an expectant smile. Why were these people not giving me space to work? Like really? I widened my eyes and smiled some more before raising my arms and made shooing motions. You can leave me alone with one other person. Im not going to steal anything. You can even pat me down when I go, I said sarcastically.

I cleared a small space and went to collect the things I needed. It seemed that Kris wanted to stay.

So where did you learn to make this Layox stuff? he questioned.

I stood still and tried to remember, I guess we learn in high school. I mean the drugs are meant to knock you out but everyone still has to get to class. I became designated person to do so. I woke people up for class. At one stage I carried around a whole bottle of Layox. Its not hard to make.

You said that it would take Tzuyu a week to wake up. Why?

Oh is that her name! I was beginning to make up a name for her, I said cheerfully. And to answer your question, its not that she wont wake up after this is administered because she will wake up but shell probably fall asleep again. Shes been asleep for 3 years. So her body shouldnt wake up too quickly otherwise it might shutdown permanently and she probably mixed and had strong stuff so itll take a while to get it to leave the receptors and all.

Right.

I continued to work in silence. After pouring the last bottle in, I went in search of saline. Finding a bag and a syringe I went back to my workplace.

We can go back to Tzuyu now, Im done, I announced.

This way, as he showed me back.

I attached the bag to the line and hung it up. Making sure it was still running, I injected the Layox into the bag. Now we wait, I said rather nervously.