Chapter 3

My Meteorite

“So what you’re telling me is that you have no idea who saved me?” Kris demanded. He glared around at the Black Operation members. “You have all this technology and you can’t find ONE person!?!?!”

“Grandson, there is no need for this shouting. You must think about yourself, you just got better you must rest,” Grandfather’s voice broke no argument. 

Kris huffed and turned away from everyone as he stalked back into his room. As he made his way back to his room, he paused by a closed door, “I wonder how everything is, I should go in.” Kris’s hand found the handle and rested on it but, before he could scan his fingerprint, a voice called his name.

“Kris, my man! It’s so good to see you up and about again!” Chanyeol, Grandfather’s associate’s grandson, said excitedly.

“Stop being so plebeian! Speak properly, you can’t speak like that forever so you may as well give it up now,” Kris responded somewhat coldly and yet there was a hint of fondness.

Chanyeol swung his arm round Kris’s neck, “Aigoo! Don’t speak to me like that, I know you love me! And anyways I have something you want,” He said playfully.

Kris raised an eyebrow and replied, “Park Chanyeol there has never been a time in my life where you have had something I wanted.”

Chanyeol leaned in and whispered, “You looking for that saviour of yours no?”

Kris looked at him blankly.

Chanyeol continued, “I have that information.”

“Well spit it out then,” Kris commanded, “Stop being all elusive about it.”

“Said person is female. A doctor. She's the one that treated you. Works at some clinic hospital,” Chanyeol said happily while unwrapping a lollipop.

Kris was quiet.

“Well aren’t you going to thank me?” Chanyeol said while pouting.

“That's all you know? Nothing else? Not a name or something I can actually work with?” Kris said frustration seeping into his voice.

“I risked life and limb for just that amount you know,” Chanyeol said indignantly.

“Sure you did. When have you ever done such?” Kris said with a snort, “You want something.”

Chanyeol’s face morphed from the previous bright expression to a hard, expressionless one, “I think you’re confusing me for someone else. Between the two of us, I think we can both agree that I’m not the one with those kind of problems. I guess giving just isn’t in your blood.”

Kris’s hand grabbed Chanyeol’s collar and slammed him against the wall, “Shut up about my family. It has nothing to do with you,” he spat out and let Chanyeol go before leaving.

“Touchy aren’t we?” Chanyeol called after Kris.

“If Chanyeol knows then Grandfather knows and he would only know if the members told him so I just need to hack into the system and find the information,” Kris thought. He bypassed his room and went straight into his office. Typing some numbers and letters, he found the details of his rescue. He scanned through the information before finding the name of the clinic, Clinic #3. A small number indicating that they would be quite high up in the chain of clinics with hospital equipment but for some reason they fell short of being categorized as a hospital. Typing again he found the name Uhm Nari, with the words, “suspected sympathiser”. Clicking a few more times, he gained control of the surveillance cameras of the clinic. A few minutes later, Kris found Dr Uhm in one of the wards, speaking to an older doctor. He switched on the sound and watched the conversation.

“Professor Ji, if we can get the medication for her – “ the female doctor started.

Professor Ji shook his head, “You know that there is no way we will receive the medication and even if we plead with the big hospital, they won’t send it to us. We just don’t have enough resources.”

Kris heard footsteps and just as the door opened, he switched tabs and wiped all traces of his snooping.

“Kris! I told you to get some more rest, your body is your temple! You cannot treat your body so casually,” Grandfather said sternly.

“I know that you know that I know that you know who is suspected to have helped me,” Kris said rapidly in hopes of confusing Grandfather so much that he wouldn’t grow angry.

Grandfather peered at him over his glasses.

Kris took a breath and continued, “I want to thank her. She didn’t have to help me in fact it would have benefitted her to hand me over to the rebels or to ask for money from us.”

Grandfather opened his palms at me and said, “What would you have me do?”

Kris’s eyes darted from side to side, “Resources. Have an airlift of hospital resources be ‘lost’ close by and ensure the rebels find it. They will make sure that it gets to their clinic.”

Grandfather nodded, “I will see what I can do. However, you must rest.”

Kris bowed in acceptance and left to return to bed.