Chapter 11

My Meteorite

Grandfather looked solemn and began, The plan to extract the doctor has been made and everything has been put into place. You better hope that she is cooperative else she will have to disappear.

Kris frowned and looked away, I see. So we arent any different to the old system then. Taking no prisoners and killing anyone who disagrees.

Shell know too much and we cant have any leaks. Kris…”

Kris looked away staring hard at the outside view.

Kris look at me. This is to ensure that nothing goes wrong, Grandfather said firmly.

Kris got up and left.

Chanyeol was waiting in Kriss office.

Security really needs to be checked if they letting random people in.

Hey bro! Its good seeing you! Im hurt that you consider me a random. But enough about me, whats with the frustrated look?

Kris breathed out irritated.

What? Chanyeol asked again.

I shouldve kept my mouth shut. I dont know what possessed me to offer a solution.

Ehhhh I still dont get it.

You know about Tzuyu right? Well I thought that getting Dr. Uhm to come help would solve everything but it seems I have put her in danger, Kris said with a sense of helplessness.

Chanyeol looked at Kris as if trying to decide if his longtime friend was joking before he gave a bark of a laugh, "Well that's quite a tangle you're in!"

So I had a good time with Jongin but I just dont know about having a relationship in the workplace. So many decisions in life.

Ugh the smell No matter how long I have been in the hospital that odour in some wards will never ever stop surprising me

Nari, I heard a familiar voice say.

Yes Dr. Kim? I asked.

Why so cold? he replied in a teasing manner. I thought we got over that level.

I rolled my eyes at him and tilted my head questioningly.

So how about we go out again or we could just be in each others company?

I frowned a little, It sounds kind of sinister be in each others company.

Must you make it sound like I have an ulterior motive?

You mean to say you dont? I replied with a raised eyebrow, looking at him with doubt before laughing at his pout. Fine, tonight after work?

I have food so my place, Jongin said excitedly and walked with an extra spring to his step.

I smiled after him. He really was quite different to what I thought.

 

That night, we spent some talking about work and eventually we spoke about the time before the day of the Split.

I was six years old and it was hard. I still remember learning how to write, do maths. I learnt to do ballet at the time as well, I said in a secretive manner. I always wanted to learn a musical instrument. Something like the cello, I continued. What about you? I said looking at him.

He looked at me with mischievous eyes, I play the cello. If you want to learn?

Jongin spent some time playing for me and then afterwards started to show me various things but for some reason I couldnt bring myself to play it.

 Why are you so scared? he asked, looking at me searching for the answer himself.

I looked down.

Its like youre so scared of failure that you wont even try. Its not like the cello will break or anything, he said both seriously and with a smile.

 I cleared my throat and looked away.

He clicked his tongue and continued, You dont have to be scared, you know that right? You dont need to hide even if no one is there to catch you, you can pick yourself up. Youre strong enough, youve been through so much more.

I kept my silence, the only sign that I had heard what he said were my deep breaths.

You could be even better than you are now. You could fulfil all your dreams, you said that you wanted to learn an instrument because you couldnt as a child. You have the chance now, why wont you take it?

He was clearly challenging me to get over my problems. I had let in him so far, was I going to stop him now?

I swallowed and then placed my hands where he had showed me and allowed myself to string out the first note. We stayed there for so long and eventually his hands had come to rest on mine, to guide me and show me how to play. We paused and I looked at him over my shoulder, he smiled at me and I saw that twinkle that I had suspected was always there for me.