Chapter 20

My Meteorite

Although I understood him and his decision, over time there was still some bitter feelings lingering. I had truly cared for him, enough to risk my life to save him. I suppose one could argue that he didnt ask to be saved and he clearly didnt want to have his mind given back to him. I shook my head to clear the thoughts in my head. It didnt matter. I would move on. My parents hadnt fought for their lives and in turn my survival for me to give up because some guy didnt have the guts to fight for what he wants.

Move on. Thats what I convinced myself I had done. In many ways, I had moved on and yet in so many more ways I had remained right where he left me. For a girl who hadnt dated till she was 24 years old, I truly had come out of my shell. Jongin was still there for me, although I understood that it was hard for him to see me so hung up on someone that wasnt him. He would likely be enough for me when the time came and I was ready. Id never say he could compare to Kr- that guy but whos comparing anyways

I went through work as I had before, throwing my entire self into it. I smiled at my patients, shared their pain and worked towards their health. I was still doing what I loved and I had people who cared about me as seen by even Professor Ji looking at me worriedly just after I had gone to save that guy. Life wasnt perfect but I was determined that it would be perfect in my eyes, no matter what.

As I walked towards my home, I saw a familiar silhouette of a tall male waiting at my door. In his left hand, he held those same purple flowers. He looked at me, his eyes filled with apologetic words.

Despite it all, I knew that I would always care for him and perhaps one more chance couldnt hurt any more than it already did.

I held out my hand to him because thats what was needed to bridge those empty white spaces between us. My breath caught in my throat if we could just take this step. He stared at my hand as if it were some foreign object and the longer he took to take it the less steady my hand was.

I began to lower my hand perhaps I had read the situation wrong then a firm hold grabbed my hand, pulled me and the force propelled me forward forward towards him.