fifteen ♪ 애도

Brave The World [Suga x OC]

 

◎    ◉    ◎

 

To: Anna-ssi

From: Jimin

Hey, Anna. I just wanted to send my condolences. We're all thinking of you guys and we're heartbroken :(

 

To: Anna

From: Jin

Keep your head up, Anna-ssi. <3

 

To: Anna

From: Junhongie

Hey, Yongguk and I send our condolences. If you need anything, let me know.

 

To: Anna

From: V

I am truly very sorry for your loss. We are all thinking of you.

 

To: Anna

From: Yuju

I'm so, so sorry about what happened. Chun Hwa was a beautiful person, as are you. Stay strong girlie~

 

To: Anna

From: Yuju

Eunha sends her love, too! She wanted me to relay that we're both thinking of you girls today <3

 

To: Anna

From: Monie

Hey, I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm thinking of you. I know what you're going through is very hard and unfair so stay strong. The guys and I are all here and ready to talk whenever you need it. See you soon.

 

Namjoon looked up from his phone and over at Jimin, who had joined him at the cafe for lunch. The younger boy looked as blue as he felt, his head held up in the palm of his hand as he mindlessly scrolled through his phone.

 

"Have you heard from her?"

 

Jimin glanced over at his hyung, giving him a sad shake of his head.

 

"Anna? No."

 

Namjoon visibly deflated, hoping for a different answer. But unfortunately, he couldn't say that he was the slightest bit surprised by the one he got.

 

To: Anna

From: Kookie

Hey Anna, it's Jungkook. Though I guess you already know that since we've texted lots of times before...

 

To: Anna

From: Kookie

I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm... really sorry about what happened and I know we really mess around with each other a lot but you can always talk to me if you need to.

 

To: Anna

From: Kookie

Yoongi-hyung is really worried about you

 

Jungkook stared at his unanswered text messages, afraid that he hadn't said the right things. He had been repeatedly thinking back to the not-so-distant past, back when he didn't have to worry about what he said to her. His last memory of Anna before she went off on the fateful tour was similar to most memories he had with her. It put a momentary smile on his face. 

 

"Jungkook, would you please shut the up?"

 

"Not until you listen to me."

 

"I am listening to you! There's a difference between ignoring you and not being able to meet your ridiculous expectations, you know!"

 

Anyone on the outside would've assumed Anna and Jungkook to have been just another young, teenage couple in an argument over something in their hormone-fueled relationship. But those on the inside would've known it was just another day in their friendship, paying no mind to the loud voices echoing out of one of the practice studios. It would've actually been more surprising if they had gone a day without bickering at some point.

 

"It's not like they're high expectations. I mean, maybe in America they are, but not here," Jungkook had pointed out smartly, making Anna huff in displeasure.

 

"Is it fun being a pompous know-it-all?"

 

Jungkook had merely laughed, very familiar with this kind of foul-play between them. "Gosh, you seriously sound like Yoongi-hyung."

 

Anna smiled. She'd been hearing that since the day she befriended Hoseok that first day but even more-so lately. And frankly, she really liked it.

 

"Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's willing to give you a hard time sometimes," she had concluded, returning her attention back to her reflection in the mirror as she began to mark through the choreography Jungkook was so unhappy with. Despite her arguments, she wanted his approval.

 

"Definitely not the only one. The only girl, maybe."

 

"Even including Chun Hwa?"

 

Chun Hwa was known to challenge Jungkook almost as much as Anna did. She only ever showed restraint because he was still technically her oppa and they weren't really as close as Anna and Jungkook were. She didn't get nearly as many opportunities to push his buttons or have hers get pushed in return but she sure took every one. 

 

Jungkook chuckled. "Okay, Chun Hwa gives me a hard, too. But it's just you two, then."

 

"Well, you couldn't expect us to fall all over you like the others do, could you?" Anna challenged, resisting a smirk as she stole a glance at him through the mirror. He grinned.

 

"Never."

 

That was simply their dynamic and they didn't try at all to hide it. But only an idiot couldn't realize they were only that tough with each other because they were close enough to be. She secretly loved him to death and the feeling was mutual. They were practically siblings, making endless digs at each other but always finding themselves smiling through it all.

 

But suddenly, Jungkook began to wonder whether that was all about to change.

 

To: Anna~

From: Seulgi

Hi baby girl. I'm so sorry that you girls have been put through this. I don't know four people who deserve it less. I love you and I'm here for you <3

 

To: Anna

From: Hobi

hi friend :( I just want to tell you that I'm so sorry and I'll be ready to hug you and cry with you when you get back. I'll see you soon, love you~~ <3

 

Hoseok stared out the window, unable to comprehend how quickly things had changed. Just a month ago, he had been sitting exactly where he was at the cafe, sharing a cup of coffee with Chun Hwa. The only thing he couldn't comprehend on that day was how much closer of a friendship they'd attained since Anna joined SKEES.

 

"Does she talk about Yoongi as much as he talks about her?" Hoseok had asked, bringing his cup up to meet his smug grin. Chun Hwa had scoffed.

 

"I promise you it's more."

 

"I find that highly unlikely," he had doubted, giving the younger girl a dubious look. "He's infatuated with her."

 

"Infatuated is an understatement on Anna's part. She's... totally fascinated by Yoongi. Super smitten."

 

"Smitten," he repeated her English word, grateful to the American movie he had recently watched for using it so he could understand it now. "That's certainly a good word to sum up their feelings for each other."

 

Chun Hwa had hummed, taking a poised sip of her own coffee. "I love it, though. I think they're just what ecah other needs."

 

"Oh, for sure," Hoseok had agreed like it was a no-brainer. "Never once has Yoongi-hyung shown interest in a girl before. I think he's finally found his match."

 

Not once did Chun Hwa talk about herself during that conversation. All she could discuss was how happy Anna's own happiness made her and how deserving she was to have such a healthy relationship with Yoongi. The love she had for her best friend couldn't have been any clear, almost rivaling Anna's for her. It made Hoseok wonder what happened behind closed doors - about what kind of heavier emotions the two shared without anyone's knowledge. It was a moment so simple yet so enchanting.

 

And Hoseok would never forget it. 

 

◎    ◉    ◎

 

F3.

 

F3.

 

F3.

 

F3.

 

I was supposed to be writing music but all I could do was tap down on the F3 on my keyboard. It was an endless, empty chime in my ears but I just needed the relaxation of sound. The release from thick silence. I had been in my own head too much for my own good since the news of Chun Hwa's death so I hoped producing something would help. It usually did, after all.

 

Unfortunately, my creative flow wasn't as smooth as usual so I ended up trapped within my solemn, one-note range of F3. Still, it filled the silence. I decided to convince myself that that was all I needed.

 

"Yoongi," I heard Hoseok from behind me. But I ignored him, continuing my syncopated rhythm of F3's.

 

"Yoongi-hyung."

 

He wasn't crying then but he had been all day. I could hear it in the way his voice cracked, in the thinness of his tone. Hell, I had seen it with my own eyes. But I hadn't found it in myself to be that weak. Not yet.

 

"What is it?" I deadpanned, still not giving him all of my attention. It wasn't personal, I just couldn't find it in myself to feel much of anything in the wake of something so horrid. 

 

"Have... have you heard from Anna?"

 

"No," I admitted sharply. "Have you?"

 

"No." He shook his head sadly. "None of us have." 

 

"I'm not sure whether I should feel relieved that it's not just me she's ignoring or worried," I explained. "About everything."

 

"Worried, I'd think," Hoseok answered despite the rhetoric nautre of my question. He then sighed deeply. "I just... wanna know how they're doing."

 

"Not well, I'd think," I replied smartly, but I couldn't keep even my most normal of behaviors up at that moment. I ended up sighing as well. "I really wanna know, too. I can't stop thinking about Anna."

 

The irony of my words struck me. Most people said something along those lines when they were simply helplessly in love with the person, not completely anxious over his or her well-being after the murder a friend. A best friend, at that.

 

Hoseok pouted. "She really isn't answering you?"

 

"No," I shook my head, running a hand through my hair in frustration. "Not a single response to any of my calls or messages. And I've made a ton of them, as you can imagine. 

 

He frowned, an even sadder look than before crossing over his features. "I can't believe that. I mean, ignoring isn't that much of a surprise. But for her to not answer you is just..."

 

His voice tapered off but I knew what he was thinking. I knew what he meant.

 

It's bad.

 

Things with the girls, things with Anna, were worse than we could've probably ever imagined. I knew that. How could I not?

 

And yet, I didn't think a single one of us quite understood the severity of the situation. We underestimated how much this one event was going to change all of our lives - how severely we were all going to be impacted.

 

But there was no avoiding that soon, we were going to find out.

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! Just wanted to apologize real quick for the late update. As I've told a few people, I wrote the majority of this story out this past fall so that I wouldn't have big gaps between my updates as I know that the Spring can get really busy for me. But I wanted to add a chapter like this so I had to completely write this chapter and create the video from scratch these past few days! I hope it was worth the wait! :)

First full chapter without Chun Hwa, wah... :( But I'd love to hear what everyone's thinking right now! I know a lot of you have expressed your sadness about her death in the comments and/or were hoping I wouldn't let her die so I apologize! I personally love Chun Hwa so much so it when I decided I'd kill her off but her death marks a major turning point in the story (if not, the most important!). So, I hope you'll all continue to ride out this story with me, we've got a ways to go with Yoongi, Anna and the gang! 

Much love to all you readers as usual, your comments and support give me life ♡ LOVE YOU PEEPS


-Aria :) <3