The Devil Wears Prada

Waiting for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie's phone was ringing and vibrating endlessly. People at work were asking where she was since she still didn't show up although it was almost 10 AM. Her friends were spamming like crazy. Everyone was worried about her but Jennie was only busy finding the perfect outfit. Once she was ready she headed outside and started her car. Instead of driving her usual way to work she decided to take another route but this one didn't guide her to her workplace but to the headquarters of the magazine 'Men's Health'. Jennie's facial expression was determined. It took her half an hour to arrive and the building was huge compared to her company's. She went inside and passed the security check-point. The first step was done and no one could stop her to get to the very top. She moved directly to the inquir desk: 'Excuse me but is the CEO Mr.Kim present?'

'Miss, i'm sorry but do you have an official appointment? I can't give you information unless you're some kind of signed here.'

'I appreciate your work and integrity but I really need to meet him. Look my name is Jennie Kim and I'm the leader of the Mediapublishing department of -The Red Label- here's my ID. He had a meeting at our company yesterday and we agreed to a cooperation and I have important things that I have to discuss with him about personally. I thought it's also in your interest to help the company to grow further and be more successful, but I guess i'm wrong. That's a pity!', Jennie took her ID and turned around to leave.

'MISS KIM!?! I see your company is registered in our system, please if you could wait a minute I would quickly ask if Mr.Kim is free at the moment.'

Jennie smiled triumphing. 'Yeah that's not a problem at all.'

 

A few minutes later...

 

'Miss Kim, you might go to the 38th level of this building, on the right side is the secretary office of Mr.Kim please notify yourself there and they will tell you what's going on next.'

The elevator ride took some time. Enough time to fix her hair and make up. A computer-generated voice notified Jennie on her arrival when she got off the elevator an elderly and very strict looking woman who sat at the secretary's desk caught her eye. 'Good morning, my name is Jennie Kim, head of the Mediapublishing department of -The Red Label- , I'd like to talk to Mr.Kim.'

'Many people want to talk with him, why do you think that you're the only person to have a privilege to talk to him without an appointment?', the woman grumpily asked.

'Ma'am just call him and tell him that Ms.Kim is here and wants to discuss important things about yesterday.' The woman looked at her sceptically yet she tried to reach out to him through an inter phone. 'Hello? Mr.Kim?'

'Ah yeah, everything alright?'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter