《 Lost ¬ Kyungil

《 Limitless Collection ¬ Requests Open
 
Date:  Feb. 21st, 2017
Chapter:  One Shot
Title:  ---
Notes:  Point Post
Credit:  < a tori creation >
Muse:  Song Kyungil | 송경일 ( History )

The boom of the slammed door left a lasting effect in the dorm. After all, it meant nothing had been resolved.

Kyungil moved swiftly to open his door after hearing another door open. However, Dokyun was beating him to visit your brother, Yijeong, in the living room.

Kyungil followed behind him slowly, and decided to take a backseat in the conversation; because he worried about you. The radio played as background music as Dokyun convinced Yijeong to let you cool down — wherever you were heading. Your brother argued back, worried about your whereabouts and asking Kyungil if he trusted you not to get lost.

“Honestly?” Kyungil posed, trying to keep his cool.

Your brother grumbled back at Kyungli, and he answered quickly, “I have my doubts.” Dokyun sent Kyungil a glare before turning his attention to Yijeong again, “She must know this place like the back of her hand — she’s not stupid enough to go wandering somewhere unfamiliar.”

Yijeong argued that you were upset, and he knew you could do odd things when upset. Kyungil agreed, knowing you, but kept his lips shut after surviving Dokyun’s first glare.

He understood that all Dokyun wanted was for your brother to calm down; so he allowed the male his space to work his magic. In the meantime, Kyungil overheard a radio host speak of a projected flash flood happening later in the afternoon.

Dokyun and Yijeong didn’t hear, but Kyungil hoped for your early return.

                                                        o / o / o

Your eyes ripped open as the bus chimed. You took notice of the awful taste in your mouth before rubbing the dry drool off of your chin. The robotic voice announced the stop you were on and you immediately knew something was wrong. The street name was unfamiliar to you.

You reached into your pocket for your phone, but found it empty. You quickly went into panic mode and checked every pocket on you along with every inch of the bench you sat on. You hadn’t thought of them in years, but at this time, you needed a map.

You jumped from your seat and rushed to the exit doors of the bus as they closed. The driver grumbled in annoyance before lowering the bus and opening the doors again.

Quickly, you scrambled to under the bus shelter as rain poured down on you. Immediately, your teeth chattered and you brought your hands under your arms to warm yourself up.

Your mind wandered, trying to remember where you had left your phone. You face-palmed yourself as you remembered your fight with your brother. You knew you hadn’t brought your phone with you because you and left it charging in the kitchen before being confronted by your brother.

A lump in your throat grew as you remembered the fight. A fight that had been weeks in the making.

Since drunkenly confessing that Kyungil was your ideal type, your brother expressed betrayal to you and Kyungil. Soon, Yijeong began acting out — teasing and annoying you whenever he had the chance. He would throw in condescending comments, and telling lies for the sake of what he called fun.

Recently, Kyungil had stepped in and Yijeong stopped, until this morning.

The cold air began showing physical effects on your body and you decided, before it would get too dark, you had to head home. Your latest challenge, however, was finding your way back. Knowing that the bus had come from one way; you decided to try to retrace the way your bus had come from. One step at a time, in the pouring rain, you tried to read street signs and find familiar roads but had come up dry.

Nothing was familiar and the streets started getting less crowded.

People seemed to have been hiding in their homes. Finally, you gave up on trying to stay dry, as you were already soaking wet. You began losing all hope — worrying you would have to wait out the storm on the street. Little did you know that would be near impossible with the warnings Kyungil had heard on the radio.

Kyungil rushed down the crosswalk when he recognized the back of you stumbling around a creepy looking alleyway. His call out to you echoed through the alleyway and you turned around in absolute confusion. “Kyungil?” You stammered as your eyes landed on his.

He huffed as he jogged over to you and slammed his fists in his pockets. “Y/N,” He began, but cut himself off with a chuckle. “Are you lost?”

“What makes you think that?” You replied as you lifted your chin. “You’re right, but how would you know?”

Kyungil grinned, “The dorm is in the opposite direction — it’s a block away in that direction.” Kyungil turned around and pointed down the road he had crossed. Your cheeks flushed but you quickly smacked him lightly over the chest, “Then, what are we waiting here for? It’s pouring.”

“Yeah, you aren’t the brightest; getting lost with a flash-flood warning going around.” Kyungil teased. You stopped in your tracks, “You’re kidding!” “No,” Kyungil laughed as he lead you under a sheltered exit of a store, “While I have you alone, I’d like to apologize.”

You knew exactly here this was going, so you stopped Kyungil, “What? For being handsome? Yijeong is overreacting — but I just cannot live with him acting like this!”

Kyungil nodded, “I don’t know how to stop him from acting this way, but you shouldn’t scare me like that.” “I didn’t know about the warnings!” You exclaimed. “I know that,” Kyungil whined, “I just worried, and I don’t want to worry about you again.”

You smirked at his statement, “With the way you’re speaking, you’ll just have to get used to worrying.” “What do you mean?” Kyungil chuckled as you began your walk home.

You chuckled back at him before turning around, “It sounds like you’re starting to take interest in me.” Kyungil replied with a loud laugh, echoing through the alleyway as he made his way to your side.

Once walking beside you, Kyungil leaned into your ear, “It’s a little too late to start.”