Chapter 4

The Last Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m tired writing about the past and flashback. So, let’s go back to the present. Kkkk~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mina is asleep. Dr. Jongin gave a tranquilizer because Mina kept shouting and rebelling.

 

“Nayeon-ah, can we talk for a moment?” Dr. Jongin brings Nayeon to his room, his face showing that there are serious things he wants to talk about.

 

“Sit down, please.”

 

“Thank you.” Nayeon pulls the chair and sits, “judging by your face just now, it must be something serious, doesn’t it?”

 

“The result of Mina’s last checkup is release.” He hesitates, “I’m sorry to tell you but your fiancée brain tumor gets more severe. The last hypnotherapy causes a bad effect. She shouldn’t do it more.”

 

“But you said hypnotherapy could help?”

 

“It was, but her mind is rejecting. She trapped between the past and recent memory, it troubled her brain function and make it work abnormally.”

 

“So, she wouldn’t remember me anymore?”

 

“She remembers much thing, she knows this present time but she didn’t remember anything for past 3 years. Since the day that Jeongyeon left her.”

 

Nayeon exhaled loudly, she closes with both of her hands, her eyes looked down. After a moment she begins to talk, “what should I do then?”

 

“Same as before. Play the role she remembers.”

 

“That’s too hard--and hurt.”

 

“I’m sorry, Nayeon.”

 

They remain silent for some minutes until Nayeon said she will back to Mina’s room.

 

*

 

Nayeon sat next to the mina bed. Hold her hand and occasionally caress her head. She kept saying "I'm sorry, that's my fault." Mina's right hand still holds the blue envelope she finds lately. Nayeon opened the envelope and read the contents. This must be the thing that make Mina had episode again, she should have got rid of everything about Jeongyeon.

 

Nayeon pulls a necklace from under his shirt there hanging a ring. A ring the same as the one at Mina's sweet fingers, it's just bigger in size. Nayeon puts the ring on her finger, “Maybe our marriage is not going to come any closer, Mina-ya.” Nayeon lined up their hands both looking at it for a while, she sighs, then Nayeon takes the ring off and puts it back under her shirt.

 

“I know it’s hard Mina, but I promise that I’ll never give up.”

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

Mina opens her eyes, she feels someone holds her hand. “Nayeon-ah?”

 

Nayeon rub her eyes, “Ah, you woke up, sunshine?”

 

“Sunshine?”

 

“Uh—Ah, mm I mean did the sunshine woke you up?”

 

“Umm no, the curtain is closed actually.”

 

“Ah you were right.” Nayeon scratched the back of her head, feeling awkward, she slipped. Sunshine is the way Nayeon used to called Mina, because Mina's smile is like the sunlight that gives a life. Her life.

 

*

 

“Mina, go get yourself prepared!”

 

“Huh? What for? It’s already night.”

 

“Just do it! We’ll go somewhere fun.”

 

 

 

Nayeon close Mina’s eyes, lead her to the destination she prepared.

 

“Where are we going, Nayeon-ah?”

 

“Just walk and you will see it later?”

 

“But I can’t see anything if you cover my eyes.”

 

“Trust me, hold on me, I will guide you.”

 

After some more steps, “Okay we arrived.”

 

Mina opens her eyes, they were at the hospital rooftop. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter