in solitude, i found you.

The Last Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“……I’ll share some tips on how to photograph your next hunt. To begin with, plan to take more than the usual “grip-and-grin” photograph.

Whether you’re hunting a mule deer buck to photograph, or to put on your table, or both, try telling your story through photograph. Hunting in most places around the world, begins in the fall when the colors are splendid and the weather tends to be warm in the day and cool at night. Nice weather, fun times, beautiful lovers, great outdoors and your adventure can be told through photograph.

 And that's all for today's lecture." Professor closing lesson.

"And don’t forget your individual project to find the photographical object. Describe the technique you used at your photography. You should also describe a story about your photograph and it will be presented at the next meeting."

 

 

“Assa! Let’s go hunting!” Nayeon put her fist in the air. She was eager for this assignment. It has long been Nayeon have such a passion for photography. Continue the study at this university was her dream. Nayeon managed to entered into one of the best universities in Asia and get a full scholarship. Nayeon father who is a doctor initially opposed Nayeon desire to pursue the field of photography, and want Nayeon to be able to continue in his footsteps as a doctor and manages hospitals owned by their family, which is the largest hospital in Korea. But with a strong desire she managed to prove to her father, and finally getting permission to follow her passion. Now she already at the beginning of her second year.

 

Nayeon head back to her dorm, picks out a rucksack. Packs a wide angles lenses, a telephoto, lens filters, 2 extra batteries, an extra 128gb memory card, and small portable monopod. She also fills in some chocolate snacks and breads in case she feels hungry while hunting.

“Where are you going Nayeon-ah?” Jungyeon, her roommate asks.

“Photo hunting, I have an assignment.” Nayeon reply.

"You look very excited."

"Of course, photo hunting is fun. And the lecturer did not leave a custom theme so I could photograph anything I wanted. Want to come with me? You can get a nice object for your painting too." Nayeon offers.

“Love it! Kaja! I’m getting ready first.” Jungyeon packed her painting toolkit and some canvas.

“Okay, me too.”

Nayeon humming and walk to her closet. Pick out some clothes and put it on. She wears a denim jumper with inner loose shirt with black-strip-pattern. She also wears a red snapback backwardly and sloped sideways with high off the forehead in the front and dipped down low in the back, it shows her sideway bangs that fall naturally. Nayeon carries her rucksack, hook a camera strap and hang it at her shoulder, put on her white sneakers.

In other side Jungyeon wears an oversized jumper with skinny ripped baby blue jeans, she also wears a black beanie. Jungyeon carries a tote bag filled with painting toolkit, put on her black-leather boots.

The two of them are ready to go.

 

 

***

It has been several days Nayeon goes hunting. But none of the pictures that she took seems fulfill her preference, she cannot reveal herself through the photos that she has been taken.

The sun is almost set and tomorrow already the due date, but Nayeon still can’t find a good picture. Out of desperation, she went to the rooftop and think “Maybe I could get one or two photos there.” She scanned everything through her camera lens and she was ready to capture the sky when her camera caught the most beautiful panorama she had ever seen. On the opposite side from where she is standing right now, she saw a girl leaning on the railing, looking at the golden sky with her lips parted. Her shoulder-length hair flutters with the dusk wind. The sun that covered by her make the orange rays of sunset marched over her.

For a split-second Nayeon forgot to click the shutter, it felt like she was trapped under her warm yet empty gaze. Nayeon then clicked the shutter once and after that, that person turn her head and look straight at Nayeon’s camera. “Oh , did she know?” Nayeon thought herself.

Through her camera, Nayeon could see that she walks approaching her. Nayeon clicked the shutter once more and ran out to the building as fast as she could before her legs gave up. While she ran away, she could hear someone shouted “Hey you, stop right there!”

Nayeon back to her room panting. “What was that?” She mutters alone.

Jungyeon who were in the room asks "What is it Nayeon-ah? It looks like you've just seen a ghost. "

With still gasping breath Nayeon answered "No, not a ghost. I saw--” Nayeon paused “an angel."

"Then why are you running?"

'Why did I ran away? She MIGHT really think that I'm a stalker.' Nayeon slapped her forehead, 'Aish Babo Im Nayeon.'

 “I don’t know. But by the way, I already got a best picture for my assignment.” Nayeon smiles widely and lay on her bed. She looks at her camera screen. “This is so marvelous.”

 

 

***

“Silhouette photography is a wonderful way to convey drama, mystery, emotion and mood in a picture. A silhouette is defined as a view of an object or a scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior. Silhouettes add a sense of mystery and intrigue to any image. Because our brains fill in the details of what is not known, a silhouette demands stronger involvement and interpretation from viewers.”

Nayeon continued her presentation.

“I took this silhouette photo when the sun is right above the horizon, the sun is almost set and everything is painted gold. I prefer this time because the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter