The feeling

The Last Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon is ready to leave and go to campus. She walking happily, humming, then she saw a figure that she knows not for a long time ago. Nayeon ran to catch the person.

“Good morning Myoui-ssi.” Nayeon patted her shoulder.

Mina was surprised by someone who suddenly patted her shoulder. She would scream but then saw Nayeon standing next to her.

“You? What are you doing?”

"Isn’t it obvious? I go to campus."

“I mean, why are you walking beside me right now?”

“What so wrong with this?”

“I don’t think that we are close enough to go to campus together.” Mina accelerating her pace and leave Nayeon behind.

Nayeon chasing and grab Mina’s arm. “Eyy, don’t be like that.”

Mina warded “Now you even touch me!”

“Okay sorry.” Nayeon put her hands in the air. “I won’t do anything. Just keep walking, don’t mind me.”

“You are weird.” Mina keep walking.

“So, you are majoring at dance too, right? same with Momo?”

Mina does not answer.

“What dance do you learn? Modern? Ethnic? Street-dance?”                     

Mina still continue walking.

“Hey, why you just silent? Hello, Myoui-ssi.” Nayeon wave her hand in front of Mina face.

Mina stops, “Oh my god! I’m sure your hobby is getting on someone nerves!”

“Waeyo? Did I do something wrong again?”

“You were the one who said ‘just keep walking, don’t mind me’ and know you were the one who keep chattering. Ugh!” Mina walk faster.

Nayeon keep following Mina “Ah, you right. I said that, Mian, kkk~” Nayeon grins.

Mina then stops again.

“What else?” Nayeon asks.

“I arrived.”

Nayeon looked up, "Ah right, this dance department. Well, I hope I can walk with you a little longer." She looks sad.

“And I’m not.” Mina then get into the building.

“Let’s meet later Mina-ssi!” Nayeon shouts.

 

Next day

“What a nice day, right?”

“You again? You following me, don’t you? In the end, I was right, you were a stalker.”

“Stop calling me stalker, won’t you?” Nayeon seem unpleasant. “And also, we already know each other—name. Yeah, only name and our department. But it was enough for the beginning, we can get to know more.”

“We didn’t have to go any further.” Mina answer coldly.

“C’mon. Mina-ssi. Can’t we just be friends? Why are you always being so cold? I’m not a bad person, though.”

 Mina was silent. ‘Am I being too harsh and cold to her?' 'Yes, maybe our meeting at first was not good, but she was sorry, right? I not hate her though, maybe I just… shy.’

After a long thought, Mina exhaled a long breath, “Okay.”

“What’s okay? I’m not okay.” Nayeon pouting.       

“Okay, let’s be friends.”

“Really?” Nayeon looked at Mina with a twinkle in her eyes, and then she pulled out her little finger.

“What is this for?”

“Declaration signed of our friendship.” Nayeon grins.

“That’s too childish.” Mina smiled a little.

“You finally smile.” Nayeon can’t help but also smiled at her. “C’mon just do it.” Nayeon grab Mina hand, take out her littler finger, and hooked their finger together.

“Friend?” Nayeon said.

“Friend.”

The following days, Nayeon always meet Mina in the way to campus. Nayeon not know Mina's class schedule, so she will wait until Mina passed by then pretending to come from behind as if it was all just a coincidence. It was a day when Nayeon have to wait for 4 hours then finally she saw Mina passing. Then, she tried to memorize Mina regular schedule every day, so she did not have to wait for long. Sometimes, at her off-schedule, she will remain off to campus only to meet Mina. They will only talk about things and then parted in front dance-department. Sometimes they would go a detour so they can walk longer before arrived at Mina’s department.

It's been three months. Nayeon already know a lot about Mina. Mina is a ballerina. She really loves ballet and had been doing it for 11 years. Nayeon notice the style of Mina walking is slightly odd, she always has a small bounce when she walks, so that's why. Nayeon feels like she had seen it before, but she doesn’t remember where. Nayeon also know that in fact Mina is not a cold person like when they first met. She just calm and elegance, but she also has a lot of hidden cuteness >.<. She also knows that Mina is a Japanese and barely moved to korea at the end of the high school year. They also managed to getting closer. Nayeon learns that Mina is not that hard to approached at all. Just make her smile and laugh, and you will get her attention. Nayeon really like Mina smiles and laugh it feels like everything is just going to be alright.

 

 

Nayeon won’t get to meet Mina for this whole week. Mina said there is competition coming soon, so she must be practicing really hard right now.

Nayeon just laying on her bed. She saw her roommate Jungyeon she saw her roommate was getting ready to go somewhere.

“Jungyeon-ah~ Eodiga~” Nayeon ask her roommate with a playful tone.

“What’s with that tone?”

“I’m bored, you always go and leave me all alone at this room. I miss youu~”

“Mwoya~ I should go preparing my exhibition, the D-day draws near, two weeks from now, and I still has many things to prepare.”

“Then, that flower bucket?”

“Ah this for my girlfriend. I will stop for a while there. She was training because there is a dance competition to be held. I have been really busy. So, I did not manage to keep the communication with her, I hope she will not be mad at me.”

“Aw, so gentle Yoo Jungyeon. Let me meet your girlfriend, won’t you? You never even introduced her to me.”

“Later, when I'm not busy anymore. Three of us can go somewhere fun together.”

“Okay can’t wait!”

“But be careful not to fall in love with her, she is really beautiful.”

“Sounds tempting, but I won’t. kkk~”

“Okay then, I’ll go.”

“Fighting Yoo Jungyeon! hope everything went well.”

 

***

 

A week later, in the ballroom of dance department.

“Good morning, Mina-ya.”

“Nayeon? what are you doing here?”

“I will be the photographer for today documentation. Don’t tell anyone but I’ll get the most beautiful picture of you.” Nayeon whispers.

“Really? Make sure that it will turned out great.” Mina also whispers.

“Don’t worry, I’m the expert.”

“Okay, Nayeon, I have to do the rehearsal, bye.”

“Bye, fighting!”

 

 

Mina took out her phone, she called the same number for several times. Then she gave up, and just sends a message ‘You will come, right? I’ll be waiting until you come.’ Sent.

Mina couldn’t get in touch with her girlfriend, Jungyeon. She only appeared a week ago, bringing a bucket flower and leaves.

Mina had called her every day, just to ask if she already eat or not. Or she just simply wants to hear her voice, she misses her a lot. Jungyeon had picked up her phone once and saying “I’m busy baby, I’ll call you later.” But still, there is no call. Mina try to understand that Jungyeon is busy, but she really hopes that she will come today. Today is an important day for her, and she want Jungyeon to be on her side.

‘Contestant number 16, Myoui Mina!’

Mina took a deep breath and exhaled, “C’mon Myo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter