Chapter 1

The Last Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love you Mina, Forgive me.

---

 

Mina opened her eyes slowly, her eyes piercing sunlight. She feels her cheek, wet.

Ah, I must be had that dream again. What does that dream means?

She wiped her tears and regain her consciousness, she sees her surrounding and realizing she is at the rooftop. She wonders why she ended up here.

Her thoughts were awakened by the white flakes fluttering in the sky. Like thousands of fairies, it flew with the wind and blew all over the place. Warm sunny lights make it sparkle like crystal snow.

 

‘Dandelion’ she smiled.

Mina got up from the bench park, walk back and forth to follow where dandelion flower petals fluttering, but she stumbled to her feet and almost fell.

Someone caught her.

“You should be more careful, Mina-ssi.”

Did she just call me Mina-ssi?

Who is she?

And why does she know my name?

Mina look upward trying to look at the figure who helped her. Ah, too dazzled, sunlight blocking her view. Mina blinked her eyes, and slowly found a girl smiling at her.

She’s cute! It was the first thing come through her mind.

“Mina-ssi? Hey, why are you spacing out?” she is waving her palm in front my face.

“And how long do I have to be your prop like this. You know, for a little girl like you, you are weighty enough.”

“Ah, sorry.” She stands up immediately.

Mina tried to collect her memory. Ah, why her memory was sketchy. After thinking for a long time, Right! She is Nayeon.

“C’mon. Let me take you back to your room.” She again shows her bunny-teeth-like smile. Mina nods and smiled a little.

They entered a room, ‘VVIP 16’, that’s written at the front door. A fairly large room with walls predominantly white with a bit of cream-colored accents on the ceilings and the wall. There is also a big painting hanging on the wall, a Dandelion painting.

In that room, there is a single-sized bed but a bit too large to be slept by yourself. Beside the bed, there is a small white table and on top of it there is a picture of Mina smiling while looking at the other way, such a beautiful creature. Looks like this photo was taken when Mina was not aware of it. There is a heart drawn in the corner of the photo, with a writing “My Whole World”

Mina sits on the bed, helped by Nayeon.

“Why are you going to rooftop all-by-yourself-again, Mina? You should’ve take me with you, I’ve been looking for you all over the place. Thanks God, a nurse said she saw you walk alone to the rooftop and told me immediately. I rushed there.” Her voice a bit shaky.

Mina remain silent, and listen to what the latter spoken.

“I’m so worried. I’m afraid you will…” She can’t continue her word.

“Committed suicide?” Mina asks.

“Sshh, don’t ever say that ‘word’ and don’t ever do that ‘thing’ again, Mina. I don’t want to lose you.” Nayeon’s tears fall down her peach-like cheek, she is crying.

Unintentionally, Mina pull Nayeon to her arms. For God sake, she is not an easy girl who easily hug someone. But somehow, she doesn’t even hesitate on hugging this girl. “Don’t cry, Nayeon. I’ll never do that stupid thing.”

Nayeon loosen their hug, she looks at Mina with I-don’t-believe-what-you-just-said face.

“Do you remember me? Can you say what was my name again?” she said while half sobbing.

“Of course, I know you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter