Getting To Know Each Other

Class Clown

The sun decided to shine on a relaxed Saturday, as the two friends were sitting at a well known chicken restaurant. Momo was taking a sip of her water as she watched the blonde fiddle with her fingers. She could tell that she was feeling a bit anxious to see Tzuyu as she grabbed her napkin and started to twist it. Momo couldn't help but laugh as she set her cup down.

"Hey, calm down. What are you so nervous about?" She asked as Jeongyeon snapped back into reality, noticing what she was doing with her napkin before stopping her activity.

"I-I'm not nervous!" She said defensively. "I just hope she doesn't get freaked out by us."

Momo eyed at her with a mischievous grin. "Are you sure that's all you're worried about?"

"Yes!" She cried out before spotting the genius walking into the restaurant with a bag over her shoulder. "Ah, she's here! Quick! Act natural!"

She picked up the menu to pretend as if she was going to read the options. It was a good plan except the menu was upside down. Tzuyu had found the two and walked over to their table with an excited grin.

"Hey guys!" She waved at them before eyeing Jeongyeon's menu. "Wow, Jeongyeon. I didn't know you could read upside down." 

She let out a sweet giggle until Jeongyeon realized she was holding the menu the wrong way. Momo was trying her very best to stay collective and not burst into laughter. 

"Ah, well you know me. I'm a girl with many talents." She laughed timidly before patting a spot on right next to her. Tzuyu smiled and placed her book bag down as she took her seat. She grabbed a menu and skimmed through it before the waiter walked over to them to take their order.

"Can I have the fried chicken wings please?" Momo asked kindly.

"Um, I think I'll have the same too." Jeongyeon grinned at the waiter.

Tzuyu raised her hand a bit before asking nervously. "Do you have a salad?"

All three of them looked at her with a blank expression as she stared back at all of them. "What? It's good brain food. Ugh, fine. I'll have the same as them please." They all closed their menus and handed them over to the man. 

After some time, their platters of chicken wings had arrived. They all seemed to look extremely pleased with how appetizing their food looked. Tzuyu reached on over to get her bag and took out a book. Jeongyeon looked over at her and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"U-um..I thought I could study and eat at the same time." She replied as Momo was already digging into her meal while staring at the two.

"No studying. We're gonna eat and relax." Jeongyeon said as Tzuyu complied to her order and put her book away. She began to eat her wings instantly and definitely did not regret listening to Jeongyeon. She felt more at ease as she was eating. Her expression quickly changed as she smiled after every bite she took. Jeongyeon found it to be absolutely adorable. Then, the two had noticed Momo placing some money on the table.

"What are you doing? We didn't finish eating." Her friend asked with concern.

"Yeah I know but I got to go so I'm paying now." She stated as she was getting up with a smirk. Jeongyeon knew exactly what she was doing.

"And where exactly are you going?"

"I gotta rearrange my fridge! It's a long process and It needs to be done as soon as possible. Have fun you two." She wiggled her fingers at them before leaving. Tzuyu had started to feel a bit more nervous, now that she was only eating with Jeongyeon but she still continued to do so. Jeongyeon sighed before resuming her consumption as well before she heard Tzuyu's giggle.

She looked over at her and asked. "What?" 

Tzuyu beamed at her softly. "You got some sauce all over your mouth." She grabbed a napkin and started to dab it gently against . Jeongyeon could feel her cheeks burning up. She couldn't believe this was happening but she allowed her to clean anyway.

"Ah, thanks." She nodded as Tzuyu bit her lips and went back to finishing her food. However, their meal got interrupted when a certain someone came up to their table.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Nayeon smirked as she tapped her foot on the floor. Jeongyeon groaned and stared at her with discontent.

"Nayeon. What do you want? It's a Saturday and I'm off the clock." 

"I won't lay off until you get busted by me!" She wagged her finger at her. "It's always someone else doing it and I want my time to shine!"

"What are you gonna do? Send me to the principal office right now? Because I doubt he's in today."

All of the sudden, Tzuyu decided to join the conversation. "You know all about safety regulations, right?" 

Nayeon blinked at the Taiwanese girl as she nodded. "Y-yeah, I guess I do. I've been making sure that students have been following the rules for years!"

Tzuyu grinned at her gently. "Why only do that in school? Why not expand that? I'm sure lots of scientists have been doing research on safety. I can put in a good word for you."

Nayeon was almost speechless as she held her hands together. "R-really?"

"Mhm, but only if you leave Ms. Yoo alone." She gestured at the blonde. Jeongyeon felt a bit touched that Tzuyu was trying to save her . It's almost as if she cared for her. 

Nayeon pondered for a moment as she chewed on her lip. "Alright, deal. Good day to you two!" She huffed and walked off in a hurry. Jeongyeon sighed in relief as she looked over at Tzuyu and grinned.

"Thanks. You really didn't have to that."

Tzuyu shrugged. "I know, but I wanted to."

With that last sentence, she went back to eating as Jeongyeon felt flustered. She rubbed the back of her neck as she mentally wished she could scream her lungs out.

_____

After their meal, Jeongyeon decided to walk her home. She kept her hands in her pockets as Tzuyu held onto the strap of her book bag. Jeongyeon glanced at her and decided to ask her the question that she was curious about. "So what made you want to come to Korea?"

Tzuyu took a deep breath before answering. "I got an offer to Harvard but I felt like my life was going too fast. There was so much pressure amongst my peers. Don't get me wrong. I still want to be a doctor but I wanted to study at my own pace and not have so much stress in my head."

Jeongyeon was so mesmerized by her. Tzuyu was genuinely kind and hard working so why would anyone give her so much stress when she was already doing more than enough?

"You're...really something, Tzuyu"

She laughed and shook her head. "I'm just doing me, really. I see you're a prankster, huh? I'm surprised you didn't pull a prank on me yet." She bumped her shoulder against the blonde.

"Hey, you're new. I need to give you sometime to adjust before I can get you good. I'm not that evil." She teased as Tzuyu nodded.

"So I guess you don't take anything seriously in life, not in school or anything?"

"Hey, I take trouble very seriously. It's what I do best." She gave her a bright grin as they were reached her house.

"Hmm, I see. What about..your love life?"

That made Jeongyeon stop right in front of the door and stare at her. "My what life?"

The genius immediately regretted asking the question. "N-nothing.."

"Tzuyu.." The door to her promptly opened by a young woman who stood in front of them.

"Tzu! You're back! And this is?" She glanced at the trouble maker as Tzuyu cleared her throught.

"Jihyo, this Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon, this is Jihyo. She studied with me in Taiwan last year during a summer program. So when she heard I was coming to live in Korea, she offered me to stay with her and her family." She grinned.

"Ah, yes, Jeongyeon. I've heard a lot about you!" She giggled as Tzuyu glared at her.

Jeongyeon widened her eyes. "Wait, you have?"

Tzuyu waved her hands around. "Nothing. Don't listen to her. I'll see you at school!"

"Yeah, I need to hear all about your date!"

"Jihyo! It wasn't a date!" She quickly pushed her gently which made the older one laugh as she walked back inside. Tzuyu looked back at Jeongyeon who was blushing like crazy. "I-I'm sorry about that."

"N-no, it's fine. I-..I'll see you around, Tzuyu." She gave her a warm smile as the beauty returned the grin back.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She finally closed the door as Jeongyeon turned the opposite direction from her door and smiled to herself. As she, headed home, she decided to dial Momo's number. 

"Momo, I'm coming over. I'm gonna do some ing homework."

______________________________________________________________

I hope you guys liked the new chapter ^^ Thank you for your patience

Please comment and subscribe <3

Love you all <3333333333

-JanJan^^