Chapter 6

Classic in Winter's Crown (CWC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

****************************************************

 

Just in case you forgot the content of the last chapter, kindly read it again. You can only appreciate this chap, if you still remember the last one. After a week of hiatus because of the blackout caused by the 6.5 magnitude earthquake, I'm back! And to the readers who haven't realized how crazy and dizzy my plot can be because they haven't read BVAF, beware and to those who are aware **wink** kekeke....

Thanks MichaengxDodaeng for the upvote and welcome to our new subscribers xD.

 

****************************************************

   

 

 

 

Chapter 6:

"From Zero to Negative"

 

The next day, Chaeyoung didn’t attend their morning class so Momo keep bugging Dahyun about it. She wanted to know the reason behind his absence, it was strange for the student they called Mr. Attendance to miss the class. Mina on the side, who is immensely writing something in her notebook is actually pretending and her ears are ready to receive the information she’s also dying to know. For the first time, she was not annoyed about Momo’s obsession of the guy whom they both have a crush.

 

 

“Dahyun please, where’s Chaeyoung?”

 

 

“He has a date, so you’re busted.”

 

 

“Dahyun-ah, just tell me the truth, juseyo…” Knowing she can’t pull her seduction trick towards the religious guy, doing the opposite might work on him, an aegyo.  

 

 

“Aish! Stop pestering me! Go away! I told you he has a date. And could you please behave like a girl, let the guy court you, not the other way around.”

 

 

“I’m not here for your sermon Fr. Dahyun, just tell me where is CY or else I’ll keep annoying you.”

 

 

“Geez! You don’t accept NO, don’t you? Ok, fine, just stop bugging me. He has a date.”

 

 

“Dahyun!” Momo squeals, irritating the religious guy’s eardrums.

 

 

“I’m not yet finished, Momo!”

 

 

He screams, shocking the irritating girl and the quiet Mina. Both are surprised by the odd behavior of Dahyun. They’re not aware of this side of him. He is always the calm and collected type. Probably, Momo went overboard of her nuisance. Sensing all eyes are on him made him realize his mistake.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He fastened his eyes, composed his breathing and continued. “I’m just worried about him. Chaeyoung is currently dating his bed. He is sick, he went home soaked in the rain yesterday. I find it weird because he always brings an umbrella so I don’t know what happened.”

 

 

Mina halts brushing the pen on her note. She knows the answer of that question so well.

.

.

.

 

Four days gone by when Chaeyoung came back in School. The beauty queen immediately finds the lad to return the umbrella. Standing outside the door of their Mathematics classroom, Mina compiled all the courage she can muster and practiced the words that she need to say before confronting him.

 

The other person who is still clueless of her existence is busy reading a book, alone. He still looks unwell, his face is pale, his eyes are dozy and his breathing still shabby. Yet the girl who is peeking outside through a small glass window of the door can do naught except shedding a tear silently. Sending a hug that is both invisible to everyone’s eyes and to someone’s knowledge… his knowledge.

 

 

If I am a boy, and you are the girl. I’d swear I’ll do everything to let you know how much you are loved by me.

 

 

A while, perhaps it took a lot of while on the clock, till she decided to accomplish the task that she has to do. This isn’t easy for her, but it has to be over. Mina walks straight to where he sat, gave him the umbrella and spoke firmly.

 

 

“Next time, stop acting like some Superman.”

 

 

Stunned, Chaeyoung is completely confused with what is happening. This wasn’t the part he expected from the elegant Japanese. He anticipates nothing but a simple statement of ‘thank you’ spilled from her lips and perhaps, if it’s not too much, a smile from her. Yet it was the set of words harsher to his ears  and merciless to his… heart. He gritted his teeth, trying to suppress his rage.

 

 

“Is this how you repay kindness? Thank you is much better.” The tone of vulnerability could be heard from his voice.

 

 

There are two reasons why he can’t release a sound tougher than a thunder. First, he is strengthless for a dispute and second, there is something peculiar in her facial expression. Frustrated? Scared? Chaeyoung can’t identify the exact phrase, but it’s beyond the hatred that she was trying to portray.

 

 

“Ok, fine! Thank you, done?!” Mina huffed, full of sarcasm. She turned her back, walking away, but the guy spoke something to stop her.

 

 

“I was supposed to be the sarcastic one here, didn’t I? But you’re stealing it from me. What’s going on Mina? You are not the person I used to know.”

 

 

“Used to know? We’re just a classmate…

….. period.”

 

 

Mina shuts her eyes tightly and so are her lips. Her tears created a straight line passage on her face, a scene she refused the guy to see, her back view remains the only sight Chaeyoung can captur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter