Chapter 5

Classic in Winter's Crown (CWC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

 

Chapter 5:

"Notefade"

 

In their Philosophy class, Chaeyoung is the favorite respondent of their teacher. His reasoning and opinions serves as the spicy ingredients of any subject matter, it certainly helps the lethargic soul of his classmates to stay awake in the class. Everytime he state his point of view about something, the whole crowd can’t cut the hypnosis of the wisdom he released from his wits and lips.

 

 

“Mr. Son, what can you say about a guy who committed suicide to follow his deceased lover? Let say, the girl died in an accident. It’s painful right? Do you think the guy really loves the girl if he commits suicide just to be with the girl again?”

 

 

“Sir, committing suicide for the person you love might be romantic. But it’s the most stupid thing to do. The guy was just emotional.”

 

 

“Woahhh! You’re so damn cold CY!” One of his girl classmate implied.

 

 

“Can you explain further?” The professor suggested.

 

 

“Sir, as you said earlier, the girl died in an accident, and if she’s a good person, she’ll definitely go to heaven, but the guy who committed suicide will go directly to hell, that is, if we based it on religious assumption. Isn’t the guy’s purpose is to be with her lover again? But how can they live in forever if they will walk in the opposite path?”

 

 

“Try GPS dude, pretty sure it will work hahaha!!” Mark recommended bringing mirth on the table. The class burst out laughing.

 

 

In the middle of their cackling, someone raised her hand, earning the attention of their professor.

 

 

“Yes, Mina, want to say something?”

 

 

“Uhm, yes Sir, seems Chaeyoung knows a lot about love. I just want to ask, what he will do, if the person you truly love caused you pain that was enough to make your heart bleed and take your revenge. Will you do that? I mean, take vengeance on her?”

 

 

“If it’s really love… then forget the word revenge. Love forgets the word revenge, Ms. Myoui…” He retorted without spending a glance on her side. The Japanese beauty sat two chairs away from him on his rear. Mina, who finds the act disrespectful, hurls another question, agitated.

 

 

“But you haven’t been there. So what assurance do you have that you won’t hurt that person?!!”

 

 

This time, Chaeyoung tossed his laser eyes on her. Although it’s an intense gaze, there’s a part of it that is howling pure pain. The receiver was taken aback, it was the first time, the guy looked at her like that, it’s either he throws a blank stare or a gaze that doesn’t give a care.

 

 

“I did… she left this scar on my face… but it’s nothing compared to the scar she carved in my dreams. Though, that dream turned into a cold nightmare, but I’d rather choose the nightmare than dreams. Since dreams make you love to sleep while nightmare awakes you to reality. Perhaps, she’s a nightmare … I can’t give up…”

 

 

“Do you… still love her…?” A sudden question was thrown by the most unexpected person in the class, it was Momo. The cheer leader Japanese who often fell asleep because she finds the subject boring, barged her very first question today. And Mina feels threatened about it, seeing how serious is her bestfriend while asking that question, it screams rivalry to her eyes.

 

 

The whole class is still waiting for Chaeyoung’s answer, but the lad only renders a smile that opposes the story of his sad eyes. Just then, the class gasped in silence, witnessing the lonely tear that is now flowing in his face.

               

 

“Daebak!” JB mumbled in between the sheet of noiseless.

 

 

It was a surprised to everyone’s eyes in the room, the coldest person they knew, the romantic hater that exists in their minds was actually a lonesome caretaker of his abandoned heart. Is he really the CY that they knew? Everyone is asking that question right now. Chaeyoung sat after, and cleaned the liquid mess beneath his eye like it was nothing. Dahyun provided him a pat on the shoulder.

 

On the other hand, the two Japanese beauties completely lost their souls with the heartbreaking scene. Momo feels drowned with the tears she’s producing on her own. She cannot reprimand her heart from being so broken while Mina, who is next to her, shifted her gaze on the notebook in front of her. And with her pen on the white page, she compasses the emotion that she can’t convey through her lips.

 

 

“My Classic… I’m fading…”

.

.

.

 

“OMG! I can’t believe it. I saw his eyes, his tears. He used to be cold, but now…” Pinky said frantically as soon as her landed on the chair inside the underground coffee shop of their University. Excited to find out the opinions of her other friends. All of them are stunned by the event that happened in their Philosophy class, all except a certain girl who remained quiet for so long, Mina.

 

 

“He might be a stone outside, but his heart is as fragile as a glass. Now I understand why Momo is so into him.” Lisa explained with her eyes fixed on the friend she mentioned.

 

 

“Checkmate! He is unique. Actually, I was pissed when he said that those who committed suicide to be with their lover was just an emotional thing, but his last statement melted me. Love forgets the word revenge. Damn! That’s so dae-to-the-bak!” Pinky added. (Hi chingu ani_ida, kekeke…)

 

 

“How about you Mina, can you spare some quotation for CY?” Jihyo wiggle her brows to the silent friend who is busy staring the slice of chocolate cake on her plate.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I knew it! You’re not listening. I said, don’t you have any quote for Son Chaeyoung?”

 

 

“I don’t know.”

 

 

“Oh come on Minari! We’re being emo here, care to support? I mean we understand why Momo is acting zombie right now because her ultimate dream guy loves someone else, but you’re not excused for a fact….”

 

 

“Water…” She cut her statement.

 

 

To be honest, her heart jolted with the blatant declaration of her friend. If there’s someone who is the correct title holder for the ‘Broken Hearted of the Day Person’, it is her. She loves him before Momo does. But she understood the claim of Lisa, no one else can discover the soundless aching of her heart.

 

 

“Water? Is that even a quote?”

 

 

“It’s the only word that flashed into my mind. Perhaps, I remembered the water, he gave me on V day.“ Mina pronounce in plain words (lazily).

 

 

“Like heller Ms. Perfect, effort please…” Pinky taunted.

 

 

Besides Classic, He is water to me. He can be cold in summer and warm in winter. He will vanish in the air and return as the rain when the clouds felt its heaviness...

Similarly, he will vanish in the air of the crowd and hide in the dark side of the room to pour down the rain in his eyes when his clouded heart felt heavy…

 

 

Of course, those words never left her lips.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter