Chapter 10

Classic in Winter's Crown (CWC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

****************************************************

 

Thank you so much to hopelesspoet and Black_icecream for the upvotes. I really appreciate it. xD

 

****************************************************

   

 

 

Chapter 10:

"Sweet in Bitter"

 

“If you leave me, I will die.” She said like a fallen leaf.

 

 

The heavy rain then suddenly falls, the cold wind envelop their bodies. There’s no background music except the tune of the downpour.

 

 

I will die too…

 

 

If Mina could only hear these words from the depth of Chaeyoung’s heart, then she wouldn’t have decoded his tears in the wrong category.

 

 

“Does she remind you of the rain?” Another glum question that is breaking her guts into pieces.

 

 

She was ready to confess, unfortunately she thought those sad fluids meant for that girl, that person who broke his heart. It was still vivid in her memory, how the lad cried in front of the whole class because of that girl. The girl who left the scar on his handsome face, the girl he had forgiven despite of its fault. Although Mina doesn’t know her, she envies that girl the most.

 

 

You are so lucky, whoever you are.

 

(Hope you still remember Chapter 5.)

 

 

Chaeyoung removed the tears on his visage and smile as he elucidate.

 

 

“I saw her again in the rain, the girl I’ve been missing for years. At first I’m not sure if it was really her, but I am now. Isn’t it ironic, falling twice with the same girl?”

 

 

Ouch! My Classic stop torturing me with those sweet words. Because no matter how sweet they are, it tastes bitter knowing they’re not for me.

 

 

“But isn’t it more ironic to fall for someone who will never catch you in spite of your million efforts to send him the signal?”

 

 

She doesn’t know, where did her aptitude came from, yet she managed to spill them from her lips and shut the tears that almost escape from her eyes.

 

 

“Then maybe, we are both late. Might be we are too slow to enter into their lives or perhaps we’re both destined to be that way.”

 

 

Am I really late, My Classic?

 

 

“Mina! My princess… thank God you're safe.” The two were surprised by the sudden appearance of a man.

 

 

“Dad.” Mina was glad to see his father. The latter then rushed in front of her daughter.

 

 

“I thought, I almost lost you again.”  The father said, his face was filled with worries, holding both the hands of his offspring. He probably had been looking for his daughter for so long.

 

 

Chaeyoung find the father and daughter reunion so sweet and cute. It seems he was forgotten in the scene. The security guard who was with Mr. Myoui proceed to the door and removed the big padlock. The door has two locked, a manual lock and a fingerprint scanner.

 

 

“Sir, it’s already open.” Uttered by the guard whose anxiousness is written all over his face. The girl had an idea as to why.

 

 

“Find out the person who locked my daughter here or all of you will suffer the same consequence!”

 

 

(Speaking of the devil.)

 

 

“This is negligence and I won’t tolerate this kind of act in my school. What if something happened to my daughter?!!”

 

 

Mr. Myoui does not like singing the tone of an authoritarian folk, but when it comes to his only daughter’s wellness, even a monster resonance can’t match up how scary he could be. And yes, my fellow readers, you read it right. He is the owner of the School.

 

 

“Dad, I am fine.”  The beauty queen tried to console her father while giving her persuading embrace. She is the only person who can save the poor Security Guard from getting torched. As much as she hates  the fact that she was locked up out of carelessness of someone, she's not that heartless. And besides, it was also her fault. If she did not fall asleep, she won’t be locked up.

 

 

“But Princess, what if something bad happened to you?” The fuming features of her father turn into a soft one as he face her.

 

 

“Look, I am fine, Dad. Safe and Sound.” Mina proudly turn around while displaying her gummy smile. “Thanks to…” Her father slashed her speech.

 

 

“Thanks CY, I owe you one again.” It was a mumble but the Japanese girl heard it crystal clear. She doesn’t understand a bit of it. What does his father mean by I owe you one again?

 

 

And it surprised her how her father treats Chaeyoung differently. From what she remembers, all the boys around her are off limits, her father is always overprotected of her against the guys. Yet the next stanza blurt by her crush is another puzzle she has to comprehend.

 

 

“It was nothing Sir.” While modestly accepting the handshake of her father.

 

 

What’s going on with these two. Why do it seem that they are close?

 

 

“By the way Sir, I have to go, it’s already late.”

 

 

“Go on, even if I insist taking you home, you won’t agree anyway.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter