Chapter 13

Classic in Winter's Crown (CWC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

****************************************************

 

I forgot to explain in the last chapter about the important information regarding blood type. Only an O- (O negative) can be the donor of an O- (O negative) recipient. O- is a rare blood type, only 6.6% of the whole population has this blood type. And in this fanfic, this is the blood type of Mina and Chaeyoung. In reality, Chaeyoung actually has a rare blood type too, B rh- (B RH negative).

I just to thank our fellows (jjjaaaaammmmm, Jun_GD, light_wood, popthecorn, chaengchaengchaeng, Shewolfash, Ipopsicle, anna_jung22, CHESKA_NICOLYN_KAYE, and JamlessChaengie) for upvoting this story. Me likey likey kekeke...

 

****************************************************

   

 

 

Chapter 13:

"The Concrete Barrier"

 

…Present…

 

 

 

“My is so excited to find them, but the rain is rather y, it doesn’t stop pouring hard, how are we going to find MiChaeng in this stormy weather? huhuhu…”

 

 

“MiChaeng is a cute name for them, bunny, but yeah. I need to fill my curiosity too, I’m dying to know what was it, the thing that Mina took from CY?” Jinyoung declared.

 

 

“Same… that thing might have been too much for him to handle that it made him collapse, but isn’t he sweet? I mean, his love for Mina mattered over his hatred towards the girl. Like, duh! Forgiving someone is not easy at all, especially if that person caused you so much pain. I am having a huge crush on CY now even though I haven’t seen his face.” Celine (Jackson) added, daydreaming.

 

 

“Love forgets the word revenge. And CY really did that, WOW! SALUTE! But seriously, destiny is such a tease, how come these two people with rare blood type met in a circumstance where they needed each other the most? Heck! What kind of game is that? That ain’t coincidence, it’s purely a written fate from above.“

 

 

“Wow Jin, I wasn’t informed that you’re a fan of poetry? Nice job!” Nayeon gave a thumbs up along with her sunshine smile.” The latter blushed, but someone at the table hates the view. (Of course, my readers knew, who kekeke…)

 

 

“Now both are holding on that profound reason, they were savior of each other’s life.” Tzuyu inserted his opinion, while his orbs are both focused on the old diary. The crease between his brows can give you a portrait that his thought is currently swimming in the ocean deep.

 

 

“Big Checkmate! As what CY’s mom stated before, ‘true love isn’t about the spark told in fairytales. True love is a bridge built by profound reasons and actions’, wait a minute! What do you mean by profound, anyway?”

 

 

“Pfff!! Puahahahaha!!!” Jinyoung burst out laughing, banging the table here and there.

 

 

Jeongyeon who was sipping his coffee when it occur spilled some while Nayeon did a  facepalm. On the other hand, Sana and Tzuyu threw blank reactions, both parties are in their reveries.

 

 

“Yeah, keep laughing until you choke to death SKELETON!!! Let’s see who will laugh, in the end!” Our pretty Celine (Jackson) smirked to Jinyoung. (Now who’s the beauty queen? Kekeke…)

 

 

“Puahahaha!! Admit it, you were absent when your teacher lectured something about synonyms hahaha!! You’re the da bomb! Totally dumb! Puahahaha!!”

 

 

“TSkkk!! Ok deal, I’m an idiot! But what does it really mean? Stop being a meanie.”

 

 

“Deep…” It was Sana, who answered, earning the attention of the four.

 

 

“Both of them are holding a deep reason to one another, a reason that is deep enough to retain the affection they have for each other. An affection that doesn’t need an attraction, but can create a reflection in times of a cold embrace. That’s what it means by the statement ‘true love isn’t about the spark told in fairytales. True love is a bridge built by profound reasons and actions’.” Tzuyu completed the statement for Sana.

 

 

(Cold embrace was a metaphor  to describe a moment when a relationship between two people is on the verge of falling apart.

Spark was a metaphor for attraction we usually feel when we have a huge desire/crush towards someone. But what will happen when that attraction faded?

Bridge was a metaphor for deep connection between two people, out of the context of attraction.)

 

 

“Ohhh.. that kind of deep, just like how deep is your gaze towards her, oppa Tzuyu?” Celine (Jackson) tossed the line similar to how an entertainment reporter asked one in a couple.

 

 

! His mind cursed, the guy was caught on the spot.

 

 

“Uhmmm…” He tried to fabricate a good defense, thankfully a certain ringtone did.

 

 

***Ringggg****

 

 

“Sorry, I need to answer the phone call.” He goes to a corner, a bit far from their table.

 

 

“Gotta need another cup!” Jeongyeon also excuse himself, showing his empty coffee cup, to the two ladies.

 

 

“My beautiful face needs some re-touch. It’s CR time!”

 

 

“That can’t do! You need a plastic surgeon for that.” Villain Jinyoung in the life of Celine (Jackson) is back lol!

 

 

“Aigoo, I will just go to the comfort room real quick so don’t miss me that much.” The Queen pitched his flying kiss towards him.

 

 

“Eww… I might puke!”

 

 

“Omo! Our love birds are fighting again, you guys are a perfect match. Jack and Rose, who?” Here comes the teasing piece from Nayeon.

 

 

“How about me?” Jeongyeon suddenly pouted, making the bunny girl painted her cheeks in red.

 

 

“Now who’s the love birds?” Celine (Jackson) cast his counter attack, mocking the cute girl in blush. “Anyway, ciao for now, don’t you guys dare to read the next letter and diary entry without me!”

 

 

“K fine! Go to your cave now!” (Sure you know who spoke **cough**cough** Jinyoung.)

 

 

Meanwhile, Sana couldn’t take her eyes away from the guy who is talking to someone over the phone right now.

 

 

“Psst… He might melt. Don’t tell me you’re into him already?”

 

 

“I don’t know, Nayeon. It’s weird, sure I have a crush on him, but something is telling me that there’s more to it.”

 

 

“Same.”

 

 

Sana widened her eyes. “Whatt?? You have a crush on him too?”

 

 

“Omo! Excuse me with your jealousness.” The bunny girl rolled her eyes. “Not him…” She pointed to Tzuyu. “…but him.” Her finger is directed to Jeongyeon. “I also couldn’t understand why my heart is comfortable around him. That’s what you feel, right, you couldn’t explain it, but something is telling you that you know him for a long time?”

 

 

The Japanese girl couldn't agree more.

 

 

“But maybe I really did know him. I lost some part of my memories due to an accident.”

 

 

“You what?” Sana quickly asked. Too shocked with the proclamation of the older girl.

 

 

“Just kidding kekeke…”

 

 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon came back with coffees on a tray. Tagging along behind is Celine (Jackson) who lazily sat on the chair, attending the mug, the ostrich lad gave. Tzuyu also finished his phone convo and returned to the table. As he is taking a seat, his gaze accidentally intertwined with Sana’s sparkling orbs.

 

 

“Okay love birds, cut your sweet connection, it’s time for Mr. Classic and Ms. Winter’s Crown’s story to continue. I’m so excited here.” Celine (Jackson) is a sure kill joy, blocking a new love story to emerge. Nayeon then elbowed him, blurting a ‘shut up’ gesture. Jinyoung who saw it, blasts his ‘it serves you right’ facial expression.

 

 

“So can we continue the story now?” Jeongyeon sluggishly asked. All agreed and the two start reading again.

 

 

 

 

********#*******#*******

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is alone, sitting in the balcony of their Lake House. His luminous yet bleak brown orbs concentrated on the flock of mallard birds swimming calmly in the lake. The tranquil effect of the scene at least pacify his bored soul. It had been three weeks when he survived the life threatening complications of the transplant surgery. Three weeks, yet he still found himself jammed in the wheelchair for a reason that his father reprimanded him to walk around, afraid that his surgical wound will get worse. The lad was comatose for a week, when he woke up, the body of his mom was already cremated and that he is currently living in abroad. The pain of losing his mom stays, but somehow, someone is there to mend it bit by bit. Someone who is psychically absent, but logically present in his heart. And she goes by the name, Myoui Mina. Just a thought of her is enough to draft a silly smile on his face.

 

 

“Thinking of someone again?” Intruded by his father who sat in the empty chair beside him.

 

 

“Dad, update please.”

 

 

“I knew it! It’s always about her.” His father jested. “Don’t worry CY, she made it, she’s now out of the ICU. Beside the kidnapping trauma, nothing else is serious.”

 

 

“Trauma always leads to something, Dad.” Chaeyoung’s eyes remained on the lake.

 

 

“Uhm…” The father paused, deliberating if he can expose the information or not. Eventually, he reveals it. “She got a phobia.”

 

 

The young man diverts his attention to his father. “What kind of phobia?“

 

 

“Cleisiophobia.”

 

 

“Cleisiophobia???“ The outline of his visage is asking too.

 

 

“It’s a fear of being locked in an enclosed place. She always freaks out when she’s left alone in a confined room. Akira makes sure that someone is always with her no matter what.”

 

 

“I am not sure if that was a good news but I am relieved in some way.”

 

 

In-Su sensed something in the young man’s tone. “You want to see her, don’t you?”

 

 

Chaeyoung only bestowed a silence in his lips along with his fragile smile.

 

 

“Then recover yourself faster so you can…” The father exclaimed, but was cut off in the process.

 

 

“No need.”

 

 

“Why? I thought you like her.”

 

 

“I don’t like her, Dad. I am connected to her. This weird feeling is attached right here.” (He placed his hand to his chest where God rested the heart of a human being.) “She’s holding something inside me that this…” (His finger is now pointing to his temple pertaining to his mind.) “… cannot grasp. That despite of what she did to me, I ended up forgiving her because I just can’t hate her. I’m strangely attached to her that no matter how hard I tried to scratch it, I just can’t. It’s so uncanny yet it’s taking over my whole sanity.”

 

 

“Then don’t cut it.” The oldest among the two convincing him. “Once you are insanely into someone, bid goodbye to your right mind and say hello to heartaches. That’s how it works, that’s how…” A long pause was inserted in between the sentence as the father dumped his gaze towards the lake and with vulnerable tenor, he continue his litany. “…that’s how true love works.”

 

 

 “Like what you did for Mom?”

 

 

“I don’t know what you are trying to imply, CY.”

 

 

“Mom left me a letter, explaining every detail of your pain, that I have no right to be mad at you because you were not the one who caused the pain. You are the one who embraced all the pains for her. You knew from the very start that Mom was in love with someone else yet you remained at her side, forgiving her and accepting that sad reality. No wonder, you looked at her with admiration and sorrow.”

 

 

“They called it foolishness.” In-Su spilled a joke, hoping the dim ambiance will change somehow, however, it didn’t.

 

 

“No, Dad, call it a selfless care for a special person. And I am so proud of you for it. One day, I will follow your footsteps.”

 

 

“Annyeo, what I hope for you is to find a girl who will love you the same. Not one sided, but a love shared by two people, you and perhaps that girl, Akira’s daughter.”

 

 

“I don’t know.” He sighed.  “Anyway, Dad, can you do me a favor?”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter