09. Understanding

Pebble Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the day at Myungsoo’s house when Sungyeol and Woohyun’s ‘secret’ got revealed, everything had been a lot easier. The two no longer needed to hide their feelings and their friends were all very supportive and understanding about it. Sungyeol was genuinely happy to be interacting with the kingkas who turned out to be really different to how he thought.

 

One day Sungyeol was walking through the empty hallways of the school with a small content smile. It had been a nice day and his after school activity, learning the drums, had been fun. Just before Sungyeol turned a corner, a hand gripped onto his bag and dragged him back roughly.

 

Sungyeol yelped in surprise as his bag was ripped off his back and he was pushed against the wall. Looking around, Sungyeol noticed he was surrounded by the same guys he bumped into that other time. I guess they are here for revenge? Sungyeol thought fearfully. There was no way he would be able to fend against four guys by himself.

 

“Look what we have here.” The leader sneered as he got into Sungyeol’s face.

 

Sungyeol glared at him but remained silent.

 

“Oh, trying to be tough are we?” The leader continued with a chuckle.

 

“Let’s just get straight to the point shall we?” The leader smirked as he cracked his knuckles before whispering, “And there won’t be a Kim Myungsoo to save you this time.”

 

In the next second, Sungyeol was gasping from pain as a fist was harshly thrown into his stomach. Another punch landed on his side and with a kick to his legs, Sungyeol was crumpling to the ground. Sungyeol put his arms up to shield his head as the guys around him kicked and punched at him with no mercy.

 

At the other end of the hallway, two boys emerged from the corner. Woohyun frowned as he saw a group of guys beating up someone. He exchanged a glance with Sunggyu beside him before the both of them walked towards the guys slowly. When they were a few metres away, Woohyun finally got a good look at who was getting beaten and gasped lowly as he saw Sungyeol. Woohyun’s first instinct was to go and stop those guys but then he remembered what his mother said. There was no way Woohyun was going to put Sungyeol in more danger. With that in mind Woohyun turned to Sunggyu with pleading eyes.

 

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and immediately understood what the other wanted. Woohyun had told him about his mother constantly monitoring him. Plus even if Woohyun didn’t ask him, Sunggyu would still rescue Sungyeol. Sungyeol was his friend after all. So without further ado, Sunggyu stepped towards the bullies while Woohyun walked backwards and disappeared.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat and glared at the guys who were still hitting Sungyeol. Sunggyu usually didn’t exert his kingka power but he could still be intimidating when he wanted to.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Sunggyu said in a hard voice. The other guys had wide eyes and bowed to Sunggyu slightly.

 

“Don’t you dare lay your hands on Sungyeol again or you’ll have to answer to me. Now get out of my sight.” Sunggyu threatened with a glare. The bullies bowed once more before quickly walking away.

 

Sunggyu then turned to Sungyeol with a concerned expression. Sungyeol was on the ground with his arms around his head and looking dishevelled. Sunggyu crouched beside the other and gently touched Sungyeol’s arm.

 

“Sungyeol? Can you stand?” Sunggyu called softly.

 

Sungyeol groaned and lowered his arms as he tried to sit up. He hissed as he felt his body tingling in pain. It wasn’t too bad at the moment but he knew it would hurt like hell t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter