08. Tension

Pebble Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol was walking through the school garden when all of a sudden, a bunch of girls appeared in front of him. Sungyeol blinked and wondered what they could possibly want.

 

“Yes? Can I help you?” Sungyeol asked politely.

 

They glared at him and nodded earnestly.

 

“Yes you can.” One girl, probably the leader, said.

 

“How?” Sungyeol wondered in confusion. He didn’t even know these girls.

 

“By staying far far away from our Myungsoo oppa.” Another girl spoke up impatiently.

 

Oh so this was what it was all about? Jealous fangirls? Sungyeol sighed in exasperation.

 

“Why should I? I’m Myungsoo’s friend. I’m allowed to be near him.” Sungyeol muttered. He never really liked these types of girls and now coming into direct contact proved that they were really as annoying as he had imagined.

 

“Why would Myungsoo oppa want to be friends with someone like you. You’re so ugly, and poor as well.” Some girl said.

 

Sungyeol glared at her. Sure he wasn’t the best looking guy out there and yes, he wasn’t particularly wealthy but he was quite content with what he had. Seeing him unable to come up with a comeback as of the moment, the girls continued taunting Sungyeol with haughty looks.

 

“The only reason you would want to be friends with Myungsoo oppa is because you want his money.” One of them said matter-of-factly. Sungyeol gaped. What the hell was wrong with all these people at this school?

 

“Well has it ever occurred to you that maybe I want to be friends with Myungsoo because I like him?” Sungyeol replied with an eyebrow raised.

 

“What?! You like our Myungsoo oppa?! He’ll never like you! He is absolutely straight!” The girls shrieked at Sungyeol who blinked in confusion. What?

 

“I didn’t mean in the romantic way. I meant in the friendly way.” Sungyeol mumbled as he understood what the girls were thinking.

 

“Well whatever way you like him, Myungsoo oppa is never going to like you in a million years. So stop clinging to him.” One of the girls said with a huff.

 

Sungyeol scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Please. You can’t tell me what to do. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go to lunch with your Myungsoo oppa.”

 

With that Sungyeol walked past the girls who had their jaws dropped. Feeling happy about how that went down, he smirked as he arrived at the cafeteria and walked to the kingka table.

 

“Hey guys.” Sungyeol said with a bright smile as he sat next to Sungjong and Dongwoo.

 

“Hi Yeol.” Everyone else replied. Sungyeol was the last to arrive thanks to the group of girls.

 

“You look smug about something. What is it?” Sungjong asked Sungyeol with his head tilted. Everyone had their attention on Sungyeol as he laughed.

 

“I had a run in with a group of fangirls.” Sungyeol said with a shrug.

 

“And?” Dongwoo prompted, wondering what happened.

 

“Whose fangirls were they?” Hoya asked from his spot next to Dongwoo.

 

Sungyeol chuckled before answering. “Myungsoo’s fangirls.”

 

Everyone looked at Myungsoo, who smirked, before returning their gaze to Sungyeol.

 

“They told me to stay away from him so I said I needed to go to lunch. With ‘Myungsoo oppa’.” Sungyeol continued. That was basically what happened in one sentence.

 

Dongwoo and Sungjong laughed crazily while Hoya and Sunggyu snickered. Woohyun cracked a smile and Myungsoo just stared at Sungyeol. After that, the table was pretty quiet as everyone ate the delicious food hungrily.

 

Towards the end of lunch, Myungsoo suddenly spoke up. “Do you guys want to come over to my place this weekend?”

 

“Sleep over?!” Dongwoo asked with sparkling eyes, while everyone looked at Myungsoo expectantly.

 

“Why not?” Myungsoo shrugged.

 

“Yay!” Dongwoo and Sungjong cheered while high fiving each other in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol smiled at their enthusiasm. Actually he was kind of curious as to what a kingka’s place looked like.

 

“So everyone in?” Sungjong asked excitedly. Everyone, including Sungyeol, nodded.

 

“By the way Sungyeol, you don’t need to bring anything except a change of clothes. Actually if you didn’t want to bring clothes either that’d be fine too.” Myungsoo told Sungyeol, who just looked at him.

 

“Myungsoo’s house has everything. Like everything.” Sungjong explained to Sungyeol.

 

“Like your house doesn’t Jongie.” Myungsoo said, rolling his eyes.

 

Sungyeol sat there with wide eyes. How big did Myungsoo’s house have to be if it had everything, as Sungjong put it.

 

~~*~~

 

Sungyeol’s jaw dropped even before they reached Myungsoo’s house. From the moment Myungsoo’s front gates opened, Sungyeol’s mouth was hanging open. Sungyeol had agreed to meet Myungsoo at the clearing where Myungsoo would pick him up and drive him to his house. Or mansion more like. Just the driveway went on for like a kilometre.

 

When they finally reached the house, Myungsoo stepped out of his car with a still wide eyed and gaping Sungyeol following behind. The door itself was huge, up to three metres tall and two metres wide. They were opened by two men, butlers probably, who bowed politely as Myungsoo and Sungyeol passed.

 

Inside was even more stunning. Sungyeol gasped as he tried to take everything in. The furnishings were super expensive looking and had beautiful designs. They were now standing in some sort of entry room which was almost as big as Sungyeol’s whole house. Around the sides were some doors which probably led to other massive and beautiful rooms and in the middle was a wide staircase that led up to the second storey.

 

Myungsoo chuckled at Sungyeol, who was frozen at the entrance. “Let’s go up. The others should be here already.”

 

Sungyeol managed a nod as he followed Myungsoo up the stairs. After walking down a hallway and making a few turns, the pair arrived at a black door. Myungsoo pushed the doors open and gestured for Sungyeol to go in. Once again the sight left Sungyeol gaping.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter