05. Thoughtful

Pebble Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed and everything went smoothly. Well as smoothly as things go when there is an upset Woohyun moping around and Sunggyu trying to help him. Sungyeol’s goal of going unnoticed was quite successful as well.

 

One day, Sungyeol was walking down a hallway when he saw Woohyun walking towards him in the opposite direction. Sungyeol continued walking, half expecting Woohyun to stop him like the other day. However Woohyun simply walked past him without a glance, casting a pang in his heart. Sungyeol stopped and looked down, feeling tears gather in his eyes. He didn’t know what he was expecting but it hurt to see Woohyun not even acknowledging him.

 

Myungsoo had just turned into the hallway when he saw Woohyun coming towards him. It wasn’t until Woohyun stopped in front of him and then glanced back, did his notice someone else in the hallway. Myungsoo followed Woohyun’s gaze and saw a tall boy standing in the middle of the hallway. A few seconds later, the boy started walking and soon disappeared from view. Something about that back view was familiar to Myungsoo. He furrowed his eyebrows as he thought about it. Suddenly an image of Sungyeol walking away in the clearing, flashed through his mind. It couldn’t be…

 

“Myungsoo?” Woohyun spoke, making Myungsoo come out of his thoughts.

 

“Hm? Oh, let’s go to lunch together.” Myungsoo said quickly, as he turned around and walked to the cafeteria with Woohyun.

If that was Sungyeol, why wasn’t he going to the cafeteria? And why was Woohyun looking at him? Myungsoo dismissed his thoughts as he sat down with his friends and talked about random things.

 

~~*~~

 

Sungyeol was walking through the hallway after school finished, still feeling upset over the encounter with Woohyun. He thought Woohyun would have at least made some sort of greeting, yet the other just passed by as if he wasn’t even there. It hurt a lot to be ignored by the one you loved.

 

Sungyeol was so deep in thoughts and only concentrated on where he was going, which was out of the school and to his special clearing, that he didn’t notice someone watching him.

 

Myungsoo was standing in the doorway to the Infinite room with wide eyes. He was the last one to leave and when he opened the door, he had noticed someone walking down the hall in his direction. (the infinite room is at the end of one hallway just in case you’re confused) Myungsoo was surprised to see that it was none other than Sungyeol, the person he’d only met twice at a clearing but he already wanted to see more of. Sungyeol didn’t notice him though and turned into another hallway which led to the exit of the building.

 

Unconsciously, Myungsoo’s lips curved into a small smile as he closed the door to the Infinite room and left the school as well.

 

~~*~~

 

Woohyun was currently in Sunggyu’s room because he didn’t want to go home and see his parents. Plus they would be more than ecstatic to know he was with Sunggyu. Sunggyu was sitting on his bed awkwardly, next to Woohyun. Both hadn’t said a word since they arrived after school.

 

“Woohyun-ah…” Sunggyu began softly. At the same time, Woohyun turned his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter