restart.

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 months later

 

She waits for him at the back of the school, a small bunch of flowers in her hands. She bites her lip nervously as she wonders whether or not he will show up; if he doesn’t it will be so embarrassing, and she won’t get to see him, possibly ever again.

 

She smooths out her skirt in anticipation and fixes her mussed bangs. For some reason, she feels very conscious in front of him these days.

 

After another five minutes in which she convinces herself that he won’t show up, a tall figure emerges from behind the gates.

 

“Sorry I’m late, everyone was taking photos,” Taehyung says, running a hand through his hair.

 

“It’s fine,” Hyekyung replies.

 

They stare at each other for a long moment. It seems like ages since they last talked to each other.

 

Finally, Taehyung breaks the awkward silence by tearing his gaze away from her and coughing slightly. Hyekyung does the same, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

 

“Yeah. So, um, what’s up?”

 

Hyekyung takes a deep breath and brings her hands from her back to the front, extending her arms.

 

“This is for you,” she says, hoping that her voice doesn’t come out too shaky.

 

She passes the flowers to him and he takes it with a surprised look on his face.

 

“Happy graduation,” Hyekyung says, before biting her lower lip to keep it from trembling.

 

3 months ago

 

“Do you think we can start again?”

 

Hyekyung lifts her head from his chest and looks him straight in the eye.

 

“No, I don’t think so.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes widen in shock. “Why?”

 

“We’re not kids anymore, Taehyung oppa. And the fact that back then you trusted Mina so easily instead of me… I don’t know if things can be the same again. I don’t know whether we can mend things so easily.”

 

Taehyung bites his lower lip in unease.

 

“What must I do to make you trust me again?”

 

“Nothing. I guess I just need time, okay? But please, stop looking me up. I think we just need time away from all of this. I'm still in shock… I can’t believe everything at this moment.”

 

Taehyung takes a step away from her, his arms leaving her sides, and Hyekyung nearly winces at the warmth that leaves her body.

 

“Okay. I’ll leave you alone from now on. I promise I won’t bother you again. It’s the least I can do after all that’s happened."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter