cute

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“, Mina, what happened?” Taehyung asks as she stares at the slightly stained window, wiping off a tiny trace of yellow yolk from the glass with his palm.

 

“Some idiot threw an egg at my window. Mom was really mad, she almost wanted to call the police.” Mina replies, huffing.

 

The ghost of a smile crosses Taehyung’s face, but he replaces it with a look of fake concern.

 

“Oh, that must have . Did she manage to catch the culprit?”

 

“Unfortunately, no. But she said she saw two people running away right after she came out of the house, so she suspects it could be them. One male and one female. I’m thinking it could be one of those annoying kids again, always up to a prank of some sort.”

 

“I see,” Taehyung says and nods, pretending to be full of sympathy for Mina. “Is that why you called me over so urgently?”  

 

“Kind of. But I guess the real reason I called you over is because I missed you.”

 

Taehyung expected this would happen, but he keeps his mouth pressed in a firm line.

 

“We haven’t gone out in a long while. Do you wanna hang out tonight? There’s a cafe that’s just opened down the street and I’ve been saving it for us to try together.”

 

There is a moment of awkward silence, which Taehyung breaks by saying, “Sorry Mina, but I’m feeling kinda tired, and tomorrow’s a school day. Some other time maybe?”

 

Disappointment crosses her features for a split second, but she quickly covers it up. “Sure! You must be exhausted. I’m already really happy that you’re here.”

 

If only you knew that talking to you is what makes me most exhausted.

 

“Yeah, thanks. Some other time. By the way, can I use your bathroom?”

 

“Go ahead, you know the way.”

 

He just needed to get away from her, it was too suffocating.

 

On his way to the bathroom, he takes his phone out from his pocket and sends out a text.

 

To: Hyekyung

Are you working tonight?

 

He gets a reply less than a moment later.

 

HK: Don’t come

 

V: Why not?

 

HK: Just don’t

 

But since when does he ever take orders from Im Hyekyung?

 

~

 

The club is packed, with sweaty bodies on the dance floor and people making out in dark corners on couches. The only place in which the bar is remotely peaceful is at the bar.

 

V heads straight for the bar as soon as he sets foot into the pub, in search of Hyekyung. However, she is nowhere to be seen. He calls another one of the bartenders over and asks, “Where’s Hyekyung?”

 

“You mean Im Hyekyung? She’s right over there, at the corner serving guests.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter