score

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The doorbell rings, startling him out of his sleep. When no one answers the door after ten minutes, he concludes that his parents aren’t home.

 

Groaning in annoyance, he pulls a shirt over his bare body and slips out of bed, still half-asleep.

 

When he reaches the door and pulls it open to reveal the visitor, he’s awakened fully.

 

“Tae…” The visitor purrs, stepping forward to close the gap between their bodies.

 

“I missed you,” she says, wrapping her arms tightly around his back.

 

He is frozen, made immobile by her touch. He swallows nervously and brings his arms around her waist, encircling them stiffly.

 

“I-I missed you too,” he responds, which, unknown to her, is a lie.

 

“Ever since you transferred, I see you less and less,” she says, her hands roaming around his back, “so guess what?”

 

“What?”

 

“My parents agreed to let me transfer to your school!”

 

That sentence is a like a splash of ice cold water to him. He immediately lets go of her and places his hands on her shoulders, looking right into her eyes.

 

“You’re kidding, right?”

 

She shakes her head and smiles brightly, “I wouldn't joke about such things. I’m really transferring!”

 

He tries his best not to seem too upset and manages a weak smile, saying, “That’s great.”

 

“I know! We’ll be able to see each other every day now. I hope we’ll be in the same class,” she continues chirping happily, while he can only smile slightly in acknowledgement.

 

“I brought you breakfast. I can’t stay because I need to go with my parents to submit the transfer application form,” she says, placing a plastic bag on the dining table.

 

She tiptoes and leans in to peck him on the cheek, before turning on her heel and leaving.

 

When he sees that she’s gone, he walks over to the dining table and takes the contents out of the plastic bag.

 

The smell of fragrant kimchi pancakes would usually excite his taste buds, but today all traces of appetite are gone. Looking at the pancakes, he feels slightly sick.

 

He can’t understand why she always manages to barge into his life. It’s like no matter how hard he tries, she won’t leave him alone.

 

No one would be able to find fault with her; she’s undoubtedly the perfect girlfriend, the most caring, thoughtful and sweet. He would probably be branded as ungrateful if his parents knew how he felt.

 

Yet, she always manages to ruin his life in the most discreet ways possible.

 

Even he thinks that he’s being unreasonable and ungrateful. She’s been nothing but loving towards him, and yet sometimes all he wants is for her to go away.

 

When he thought that the one good thing that had come out of his expulsion was the fact that he could transfer to a new school where she wouldn't be clinging onto him constantly, she just had to go and ruin things.

 

Sighing, he places the pancakes in the fridge. Maybe he’d work up an appetite later, but not now.

 

~

 

“Hey, have you seen the new transfer student? She’s freaking hot,” Jungkook says as he and Hyekyung walk to class.

 

“Hmm. I don’t know whether or not to trust your standards, since almost any girl you see is ‘freaking hot’,” Hyekyung counters, rolling her eyes.

 

“No, I’m being serious this time. The only thing is, she’s a senior. I don’t know if she’s into younger guys.”

 

“Well, I’m sure no girl is into immaturity, so you can forget her.”

 

“Yah Im Hyekyung! You did not just call me immature.”

 

“Well, I can’t forget what happened last Friday.”

 

At the mention of last Friday Jungkook goes red and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. “I already said I’m sorry! I won’t do it again.”

 

Hyekyung slams her palm into his back, “That’s what you say all the time. You can’t go around breaking girls’ hearts like that.”

 

“They should have known what they were getting into! Everyone knows I’m not into serious relationships, and anyway-,”

 

“Im Hyekyung.” An icy voice suddenly interrupts their conversation.

 

Hyekyung turns her attention away from Jungkook to look at who’s called her and - oh crap.

 

It’s V.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Without warning, he grabs Hyekyung’s phone, which was nestled in her palm, and starts typing furiously into it. Hyekyung can only stare in open-mouthed surprise.

 

“W-What are you-,”

 

“Look out for my texts,” he says, his voice cold and brittle.

 

With that, he brushes past her and leaves.

 

“What was that?” Jungkook immediately questions, grabbing her phone, “is my girl growing up? My little Hyekyungie finally has a boyfriend-,”

 

“Yah, shut up,” Hyekyung says irritatedly and snatches her phone back. “That jerk is not my boyfriend.”

 

“Oh? Is he your boy space friend then? I’m hurt, I thought I was your only male friend,” Jungkook pouts and folds his arms.

 

“I hate to admit it, but you are my only male friend. I wouldn’t call that idiot a friend.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter