touch

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Taehyung-ah, can you get the door?”

 

The little boy hears the call and immediately runs downstairs, his heart thumping with excitement. Is the cute girl with the pretty smile here again today?

 

They had played together for a while now; almost once every week. Hyekyung had warmed up to Taehyung considerably, while the latter had grown quite fond of the former.

 

He reaches for the door handle and pulls it back, and there before him stands a crying Hyekyung, her face streaked with tears and mucus.

 

“Hye! What happened to you?” Taehyung gasps in shock and gently takes the girl’s arm, leading her inside.

 

Mrs Kim rushes out from the kitchen while Mr Kim comes out from his study. They take one glance at the crying Hyekyung and wonder what is making her cry so badly.

 

Mrs Kim tries to comfort the girl, ask her what is wrong, but she refuses to answer. After many failed attempts from Mr and Mrs Kim to get Hyekyung to speak, they reluctantly let up.

 

So Mrs Kim instructs Taehyung to bring the crying girl up to his room. Taehyung does so obediently and shuts the door behind him, leading Hyekyung to sit on his bed.

 

“Hye… what happened? Why are you crying?”

 

The girl’s sobs have finally been reduced to quiet sniffles, and at last, she begins to speak.

 

“H-He… hit mommy…”

 

“And?” The boy doesn’t quite understand but he gently encourages her, urges her to go on.

 

“A-And… there was so much blood… glass everywhere … and then a large bus came and picked mommy up…”

 

“Then… there were some people… with guns in their waists… they came and they… took daddy away…”

 

“Hye, why did he hit your mommy?”

 

At this, Hyekyung clenches her fists so tightly that her knuckles begin to turn white. She presses her lips together tightly, her eyes suddenly becoming blank.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter