pushover

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Say, Jungkook, how do I kill someone in the least conspicuous way possible?”

 

Jungkook looks up from the couch where he’s reading a sports magazine and stares at Hyekyung, a worried expression on his face.

 

Hyekyung continues speaking while she stirs the pot of spicy ramyeon. “Should I use a knife? Or how about a gun? Which is more effective? I think a gun would be better, I don’t want his blood on my hands.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes light up. “You know who vandalized your locker?”

 

Hyekyung ignores Jungkook and picks up a knife, letting it gleam under the kitchen light. An evil glint appears in her eye as she starts to chop the vegetables.

 

“Hmm. It’s just a hunch.” She doesn’t want Jungkook to know, because there’s no doubt he’ll look Kim V up immediately and teach him a lesson, but Hyekyung doesn’t want that. She has other plans for now.

 

“Who the heck is it? I swear I’ll spray paint his face so bad he’ll-,”

 

“Jungkook,” Hyekyung says sternly, then sighs. “Whatever. Let’s just let it pass.”

 

Jungkook lets out a frustrated groan, running a hand through his hair. “You’re too nice for your own good. Seriously.”

 

“Whatever.” Hyekyung adds the chopped vegetables to the ramyeon in the pot, gives it a few more thorough stirs and then ladles a portion out onto a plate for Jungkook.

 

“Here. This is for buying me ice cream the other day.”

 

Jungkook takes the plate happily and begins slurping the noodles. “Thanks. Guess I’m buying you ice cream more often from now on.”

 

Hyekyung is about to respond when the doorbell suddenly rings, startling the both of them.

 

“Is that your mom?”

 

“No, she doesn’t come back this early. She never does.” Hyekyung makes her way over to the door and looks through the peephole.

 

When she sees who the visitor is, she recoils in shock and slams her back against the door, as though trying desperately to prevent him from getting in.

 

How does he know where I live?

 

“Who’s that?” Jungkook calls from the kitchen.

 

“Uh, I… don’t know.”

 

“What does that mean?” And Jungkook walks out into the living room, making a beeline for the door. Hyekyung presses her back firmly up against the door, a finger against her lips.

 

“Shh, I can’t open the door,” Hyekyung whispers urgently.

 

“Why not?” Jungkook speaks loudly, trying to peer into the peephole but Hyekyung fends him off.

 

“Just go back to eating your ramyeon!”

 

In one swift motion, Jungkook grabs Hyekyung by the waist and picks her up off the ground, positioning her behind him. With Hyekyung out of the way, he places a hand on the door handle and yanks the door open.

 

“Hello, who are you looking-,”

 

Jungkook stops short when he sees who the visitor is. His lips draw back in a snarl.

 

“Yah, aren’t you the one who hurt my girl-,”

 

“Jungkook you idiot, get out of the way,” Hyekyung hisses from behind, pushing Jungkook away to position herself right in front of Kim V. She puts on her best stern face and folds her arms across her chest.

 

“What do you want?” She asks coldly.

 

V’s lips are pressed into a thin line. “Sorry if I was interrupting anything. I came to speak to you.”

 

“How did you know where I live?”

 

V furrows his eyebrows. “Is that really important right now?”

 

“Yes, very. I’m very concerned for my own safety, if you must know.”

 

V rolls his eyes and says nonchalantly, “I hacked into the school records.”

 

Hyekyung sputters in disbelief. “What the-,”

 

But before she can complete her sentence, V grabs hold of her wrist and pulls h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter