Polar (Nayeon, Mina)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time MiNayeon had given friendship a shot, they'd agreed to a mutually beneficial relationship: Nayeon would teach Mina Korean slang terms and proverbs, and Mina would teach her unnie the basics of Japanese.  It quickly became clear that, while Mina was very smart and Nayeon very clever in her own right, the Japanese-teaching wasn't running terribly smoothly.  Mina struggled to articulate even the fundamentals of Japanese in a language she had only recently become accustomed to, and Nayeon had an equally difficult time interpreting Minari's broken instructions and memorizing them all.  Sometimes Momo, relatively proficient at both languages, would mediate, but to little effect.  The teaching didn't necessarily work out, but, most fortunately, the friendship portion certainly did.  

And yet, sanguine Nayeon and melancholic Mina couldn't possibly be more different, and they don't speak more than they need to.  It's their unspoken unspeaking agreement.  

Don't worry, it's much more benign than it sounds, especially when they're alone.  Mina is more comfortable in silence, and Nayeon is more comfortable when other people are comfortable.  They don't maintain the same witty banter that changes hands from Sana to Dahyun to Chaeyoung and back, nor do they replicate the pithy jabs that go between Jeongyeon and Momo, nor is there a mother-daughter, unnie-dongsaeng dynamic like that between Jihyo and Tzuyu.  

-------

To be sure, Twice doesn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter