To Be A Leader (Jihyo-centric, Tzuyu, Mina, Momo)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: We're back after a long hiatus!  Senior year of High School can be tough, but it's officially Senior Spring, I'm all set college-wise and I'm jumping right back in!  Just in time for What is Love heh; enjoy this (pretty dark) hurt/comfort chapter!

-----

"Sometimes, I get nervous," Jihyo starts, before pausing.  "Ah, nervous isn't really the right word.  More like... on edge?"  She nods in satisfaction at the girl staring back at her, who nods right back in perfect unison.  "Things have been a little hard for me, at times."

Ah, seriously.  It's like a little ball of something, like lumpy peanut butter stuck in the way back of .  It happens before every speaking appearance, and it drives her crazy.  It makes her mad, puts her on edge, to say the least.  

But she flashes a winning smile at the other girl.  She wonders if there's a parallel universe in that dressing room mirror, and if the girl at whom she gazes right now - the girl that everybody sees - has problems, issues of her own.  

"The members chose me to be our leader at the beginning of our time as TWICE, and I have to admit that I didn't know if I was up to the task, or what that task even entailed sometimes.  I guess I talk the most to the media, and I'm the team parent.  I pick up other girls when they're down, I do a lot of the grocery shopping when nobody else wants to, I clean, on and on and on.  It might sound a little tiresome, but I cherish it!"  She finishes with a flip of her hair and a blooming smile, but this one seems fake to her as the mirror reflects it right back.  

She drops her facade.  

"But then, who takes care of me when I'm lonely or down?"  The little hairball in the back of seems to double in size.  She pokes at the bibimbap that her mom has just dropped off - it's already cold - and toeing at the shoes that her dad bought her for this special red carpet occasion. 

"I worked harder, I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter