A Drop of Water (Sana-focus, Momo, Mina)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~An endless ocean awaits for those who choose to seek it.~

It's a quote about water.  Sana just kind of likes quotes about water.  And that's a happy, thought-provoking one.  

~As insignificant as a drop of water in an endless ocean.~  

That's another quote about water.  Sana likes quotes about water in general, but that's a pretty fatalistic one and it makes her uncomfortable.  

And yet, there's no other way to describe the way she feels.  Because yesterday, her grandfather died and her world was flipped upside down.  Losing the friendly old man who she wishes she had known better but misses all the same, has made her realize something: life is short.  And Sana deals with this the only way she knows how: tangentially.  

Most of the people who have ever been alive are dead, she reckons.  And also, everybody who's alive right now will be dead, at some point.  Which means Momo will be dead.  Which is odd, because Momo seems like such an... alive kind of girl.  So does Mina, but in a different, quieter sort of way; and she'll be as dead as Momo will at some point.  Although, Mina doesn't really seem like a dead persona as much as Momo might, someday.

And suddenly, the memories of her grandfather crash down on Sana like a tidal wave.  She recalls him kicking her a ball ever so lightly, and she would move to kick it back and miss, or perhaps she wouldn't even make it, and she'd come crashing down.  And he'd worriedly hoist her back up, and then they'd both laugh.  She recalls him singing lullabies, rocking her back and forth in his strong, tender arms.  He was relatively young, a grandfather at just 53, and he'd suffered a massive .  There was little indication that he was at risk; he was healthy for an older man, constantly maintaining a regimented, nutricious diet.  

Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter