The Fall Festival (Tzuyu, Sana)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Look who's back, back again!  

----------

Have you ever felt alone in a big group?  

It's surprisingly easy, Tzuyu mused.  Don't get her wrong; she loved her Twice sisters more than words could possibly articulate.  She loved her moms and sisters, her best friends and soulmates.  For sure, she never felt more like she belonged than when they would gather in the living room of their dorm and join loud voices in a chorus of sisterhood.  

But even when they would link arms and watch dramas and sing songs and put out the occasional group V-Live, Tzuyu always looked at Dahyun and Chaeng, Momo and Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon, and wondered what it might be like to have a one, true best friend.  

----------

Her mom was her best friend, of course.  Even years after moving to Korea for good, Tzuyu made a point to video chat her mother for a good half an hour every day.  Her mom never ran out of concern for her only daughter; Tzuyu was never short on stories to tell.  They would talk for their thirty minutes - alas, Twice's busy schedule precluded conversations that lasted any longer - and they would hang up when duty called.  

Tzuyu didn't often miss home, per se.  She'd long since come to terms with the notion that living far from home was an unavoidable vice if she planned on living out her dreams.  Thirty minutes a day with her mom - and the few minutes that she'd put her dad on the phone - was plenty.  

Why, then, did Tzuyu feel tears prick at the corners of her eyes as her mother regaled her with tales of the Fall Festival?  It had been sudden and unexpected, the deluge of memories that coursed through her brain.

She recalled her first Fall Festival, the autumn after her fifth birthday.  She remembered the pumpkin pie her mother h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter