The Most (Un)fortunate God (Jihyo, Nayeon)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: November 2018

---------

Im Nayeon had always been very hit-or-miss for Jihyo, and she was very, very much a miss today.  

Jihyo was sympathetic, because the eldest Twice member was in a whale of a situation, but Nayeon was making that sympathy very difficult to maintain.  It wasn't that that Jihyo wasn't an emotional person - quite the opposite, in fact - but today, Nayeon was taking it to another level, and of course Jihyo was the only one around to deal with it.  In the midst of a rare lull in promotion and performance following the release of the group's 6th and most successful album to date, Sana and Mina had gone home, and Momo was hosting her own family and was off hiking Hallasan Mountain at Jeju.  Jungyeon was probably with her own family, having left that early that morning, and the Maknae line, ever the best of friends, was undoubtedly stirring up shenanigans now that Tzuyu (aged 19 as of a few months before) was finally legal.  

Which left a mess of a Nayeon entirely in the hands of the most unfortunate god-Jihyo.      

Needless to say, Nayeon was the first one to start dating when the 3-year ban was lifted on October 20, 2018.  She'd always been excited for the day to come, and Jihyo reasoned that, being the oldest, she felt a sort of pressure to find somebody, and quickly.  And she had: a "celebrity" chef who was handsome, charming, and clearly using the poor girl to brighten his own star in the dog-eat-dog world of Korean celebrity.  It was plainly obvious, and many of the members (Dahyun, ever the perceptive Dubu, was the first to notice, mere minutes after meeting him for the first time; Moguri was the last, aside from Nayeon herself) had warned Nayeon as such.  She clearly hadn't listened, and she found out in the worst possible way that her man was not entirely hers, but was rather shared property with a cosmetics model.  Which didn't help her insecurities about her teeth.  

And on the worst possible day, too.  For Jihyo, at least.  

Jihyo was admittedly a good mediator when it came to tough situations - they hadn't elected her leader for nothing - but nothing she'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter