Day 4 : Gyeongbok Palace

Winter's Tale (겨울이야기)

.: Taemin :.

I was really curious what happened between Jjong and Key when I was asleep. I mean, they came back looking …. weird. Jjong had this huge grin on his face and Key’s cheeks were tinted pink. Key said that it’s because the wind outside was strong and it was cold. I just shrugged it off anyways. Last night we went to the hotel right after we finished shopping. Honestly I couldn’t remember that much because I was drowsy the whole way back. I did remember leaning on Onew’s strong shoulder and his hand my hair… Heehee!

It’s already day 4 and today we were going to Gyeongbok Palace! I sat beside Key on the bus, and he still looked distant. I kept wondering what happened to him. Did anything bad happen? I asked him a couple of times but he just smiled and said it was nothing… I was worried. I guess I haven’t told you about this part, but Jjong is a touchy-feely guy. Not in a bad way! He helped everyone got on and off the bus and it seemed that he absolutely must help Key in this matter. And of course that day was no exception.

We headed inside the palace grounds and we moved fast because we didn’t want to be late catching the plane later on. Basically it was a super quick tour of the museum, then walking around the palace. The buildings were nice, but I guess it’s just not my thing… Onew was busy explaining to the group so I didn’t manage to talk to him and Key was being even more distant! Humph!

.: Key :.

I can’t think clearly. I really can’t.

My mind wandered off to last night’s event. Jjong, Jjong, Jjong. That was the only thing in my mind! Jjong’s warm hand, Jjong’s smile, Jjong’s touch, even his funny English. What the hell is happening to me?

I walked a bit far from the group and I was thankful that Jjong was busy doing his job so he didn’t have the time to talk to me. I even avoided Taemin and I felt horrible since he didn’t have anyone to talk to. But I really needed my time alone.

The walk around the palace was really nice. The bursting color and beautiful architecture captured my eyes and I took lots of pictures. The most pleasant part was the wind hitting my face as we walked around. Somehow I had become accustomed to the cold wind and found it quite pleasant.

“Ummmaaa, stop ignoring me I beg you!” Taemin tugged my jacket and pouted. Aish, this kid…

“Yeah, Taemin. Sorry. I’m just… Not feeling well.” Taemin gasped and touched my forehead with the back of his hand.

“Are you sick? What happened? Should I get you some medicine? Don’t get sick umma!” He had a (not so) mini panic attack and I just laughed.

“I’m fine, I’m not sick, Taemin. Now come on, we’re gonna go get lunch now.” Thinking made me hungry, really.

.: Onew :.

Have I told you how much I love chicken?

We had Samgyetang! It’s basically a whole young chicken stuffed with sticky rice and boiled in a Korean broth with Korean ginseng. The chicken was tender and soft and delicious~ It’s also healthy and warming, perfect for winter! How amazing is that?!

“Onew, you sure love your chicken.” Taemin giggled and observed me. I nodded and continued eating. “Onew, do you like chicken or me better?”

“You, of course.” Holy drumstick, I said that without thinking. Taemin’s face turned red and he looked away.

“S-silly Onew!”

Wait. What? What did I do?

.: Taecyeon :.

We arrived at the airport with a few hours to spare. The fast paced palace tour was not really effective but at least we got to the airport without having to run all over the place.

Hyung, I won’t be coming along to Jeju.” Jonghyun said to me in a disappointed tone.

“Oh really? Why?” He sighed and rubbed his temple.

“No money.” Ah, poor kid. I remembered my university days too, no money and everything.

“Ah, I understand… I’ll take good care of Key for you.” I joked and he looked like a kicked puppy. Whoops.

“Hyung, I really want to spend more time with him. I can’t speak English and now I can’t come along to Jeju! And you guys are spending 2 days there!” He was clearly frustrated about the whole situation. I couldn’t help but to take pity on him.

You’ll join us again when we arrive in Busan right? You’ll see him again. Two days won’t be that bad.

Yeah, I hope so… Ugh, I don’t wanna say goodbye to him. I’ll avoid him for the time being. Take care in Jeju, okay? See ya, hyung.” He walked away with his head down.

“Hey Taec, is Jjong not coming with us?” Taemin asked out of nowhere. “I see him shaking hands with some of the people. Will he join us when we get back?”

“Yeah, he won’t be coming with us to Jeju. But we’ll see him again.” Key who was standing beside Taemin let out an audible sigh.

“Oh, that’s too bad. I want him to take a picture of me in the Teddy Bear Museum… Oh well!”

.: Key :.

Jjong didn’t say goodbye to me. He didn’t say anything. What. The. Hell. He just waved but he didn’t even looked at me!

I hated that day, I hated the plane ride.

Ugh.

.: Taemin :.

Umma was in a bad mood! Stay away, stay awaaay! It was so scary…

.: Onew :.

I was very nervous about that night’s trip in Jeju.

Nervous was an understatement.

Why is this place in the itinerary?

WHY?

WHY?!!


A/N : Hell yea, cliffhanger! Hell yea, another update! What is this place Onew was talking about?