The End

Winter's Tale (겨울이야기)

Hello everyone.

I’m really sorry but I really can’t continue this story anymore.

I know you’re all being “HOLY PHIIEE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? YOU SHOULD BE BALKS:LKDAKJDNKJANKJAS!@#$%^&*(ALKSNAKMS KA@#$%^&*(?!”

………

I know, I know. You must really, really hate me right now. But as you can see, I already told you that this is my own personal story based on my experience and based on my own feelings, only with a little twist and addition of some events. So basically, this is me pouring my heart out in the story.

What I’m saying is, I’m moving on. I thought it was a great idea to write this story but lately I’ve been thinking that it’s probably one of the silliest ideas I’ve ever had. And now look at me, disappointing you guys.

OTL

But fear not, I won’t let you pull your hair out and be all frustrated without knowing the end of the story. So I’ll give you a summary of the rest of the story.

So, after Jonghyun and Key’s little moment after the fashion show, they silently held their hand and went back inside. Onew and Taemin ran up to them and asked them what happened but they both shook it off and said that everything was fine. They all went back to the hotel and went to bed.

On the next day they went to the Apple Wine Factory in the morning and each was given a bottle of apple wine with their own personal pictures on it. Taemin decided to take a picture with Onew. Then they went to Seoul and Onew cuddled up with Taemin in the bus while Key and Jonghyun both sat alone.

When they got there they went to N Seoul Tower and Key wandered off alone to take some pictures while Ontae raided the souvenir shop. Jonghyun followed Key but they didn’t say anything. They just beside each other and watched the scenery. Then later at night they saw a theater show. Taemin was acting gloomy and sad. After that they went back to the hotel.

Onew took Taemin out for a walk and a midnight snack to a little bakery that was still open. Taemin was very upset at the fact that he had to leave Korea the day after. He started crying and Onew comforted him, promising that he would contact him every day. Taemin only nodded weakly and asked to spend the night in Onew’s room. They slept that night, Taemin in Onew’s embrace.

Key on the other hand was having a mental battle with himself. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He decided to shrug it off and forget about Jonghyun because it was impossible. There’s no such thing as a relationship without any communication.

The next day they went to the duty free shop and did a little shopping. Taemin clung onto Onew the whole day. Jonghyun was trying to speak or just get close to Key but Key avoided him most of the time. Key felt conflicted and Jonghyun was more than sad. Jonghyun even talked about Facebook with the other tour member, hoping that Key would hear him and ask for his Facebook but Key didn’t budge at all even if he heard about Jonghyun’s conversation.

It was time for them to part. Taemin cried really hard and Onew was also sad. He kissed Taemin and said that it had been a really nice time travelling with him. Onew wanted them to stay lovers and Taemin agreed. They made an oath that they would meet again and they wouldn’t cheat on each other. Key said his goodbye to Onew and threatened to send an assassin over to kill him if he cheated on Taemin. Onew only laughed at Key’s statement and hugged Taemin, saying that he would never hurt him.

Jonghyun took a scarf left of the bus and asked Taecyeon who was standing beside Key, wondering who it belonged to. Taecyeon said in English, saying that it was his boyfriend’s scarf. Jonghyun then turned to Key and with a goofy smile offered him the scarf and said “Boyfriend.” to Key. Key was shocked but he composed himself and said that it belongs to Onew. Jonghyun did the same thing again and Key replied the same way. Jonghyun was kind of sad and went to Onew.

They had to go in and Taemin kissed his goodbye to Onew. Key hugged Onew and said his thanks for taking care of them, especially Taemin. Taemin hugged Jonghyun and Jonghyun ruffled his hair, he held up his fist and said “Fighting!”. Taemin smiled and went in. Key came face to face with Jonghyun for the last time and smiled a little. Both could see the sadness in each other’s eyes but then they only parted with a silly high-five.

When they got back to LA, Taemin cried for days, saying that he missed Onew a lot. He contacted him every day and had a mental breakdown whenever their video calls were over. Onew always cheered him up and sent him messages. Thank goodness for Kakaotalk, or they would have a really expensive phone bills.

Key on the other hand handled his feelings quite well. On the outside, that is. On the inside he was devastated. He couldn’t believe he didn’t ask Jonghyun’s contact number or email. He asked Onew about it but Onew said no because Jonghyun didn’t want him to give it to Key. He also asked Taecyeon who gave his email to Jonghyun but he said that Jonghyun didn’t contact him so he didn’t know Jonghyun’s email. Key was upset, really upset.

Taecyeon and Chansung were still in a relationship. When Chansung said that Taecyeon shouldn’t miss him too much, he really meant it. 3 weeks after they arrived back to LA, Chansung contacted Taecyeon, asking him to pick him up at the airport. Chansung had actually planned to study in LA and so he lived with Taecyeon. A pleasant coincidence that the campus was near Taecyeon’s place.

And so times passed. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, months turned into years. It was a year and a half after their trip to Korea. Taemin and Onew surprisingly still stayed together. Not much conflict happened between them except for the time difference that almost drove them crazy. Key who had a hard time at the first few months finally got over Jonghyun and started to forget about him. He did take Korean lessons to improve his language skills and pay respect to her mom’s side of the family.

Suddenly Onew called Taemin, saying that he will visit LA on July for a holiday. Taemin was overwhelmed and super happy about it. He marked every single day that passed in the calendar, marking the day of Onew’s arrival with a huge heart. Key was happy for Taemin too and he promised to accompany him when Onew arrives.

It was a sunny July in LA, a perfect weather for a flight. Taemin and Key waited nervously at the gate where Onew would exit from. Taemin’s eyes lit up as the first Korean group went out from the gate. Then not long after he spotted a man with silky straight brown hair with a smile as bright as the sun.

“Onew!” Taemin ran up to him and tackled him into a hug. Onew stumbled back but then caught Taemin who already clung onto him. Taemin wrapped his legs around Onew’s waist and his arms around Onew’s neck.

“I miss you so much! I’m so glad you’re here!” Taemin leaned down and kissed Onew full on the lips, ignoring the people who stared at them. Even some people clapped upon the view. Key just stood near them and smiled. He really was happy to see them meet again. But he also felt a little pang in his heart remembering a certain someone from their trip to Korea.

“Key.” A voice called out. A voice so familiar and surreal that made Key’s eyes widened. He slowly turned around and saw the person who had a dark brown hair, who had a pair of puppy like eyes, with a suitcase in his hand and a smirk in his face.

“J-Jjong?” Key’s voice came out no more than a whisper. Jonghyun walked up to Key and gave him a tender hug. Key couldn’t move, he was frozen in place.

“How have you been?” Jonghyun said in an accented English, but much better than one and a half year ago. Key who had regained some of his composure lost it again. Taemin who was already on his own feet stared at Onew and they both happily smiled.

“I-I’m…” Key stuttered, not sure what to say.

“I learned some English. I thought I’d meet you again someday and I made a promise to myself to work hard so I can talk to you when the time comes.” Jonghyun was somewhat fluent. Key’s eyes started to blur and the emotions came rushing down on him. Key hugged Jonghyun and Jonghyun just hugged him back. Key sobbed uncontrollably into Jonghyun’s shoulder, wetting his t-shirt.

“I missed you, Key. I never stopped thinking about you. I never stopped liking you. And I want to properly say it now. I really, really like you Key. I want to get to know you better.” Key pulled away and wiped his tears away with a smile on his face.

Me too. I really like you too and I want to get to know you better.” Jonghyun was shocked at Key’s flawless Korean. Then he broke into the biggest smile ever and hugged Key again.

And so they got really close and in the end they got together~ <3

In the long run, Key got a job as a designer and moved to Korea, tagging Taemin along of course.

THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

YUSSSSHHHHHH!!!

So yeah, that’s how it is :D

You know what? The ‘boyfriend’ part really happened.

Skip this part if you don’t want to read my rants.

So the photographer really did take a scarf and mittens that were left behind on the bus. He went up to my tour leader and asked him about it. My local leader said : “It belongs to your girlfriend.” By that he meant the Korean local leader (yeah, in real life Onew’s role is actually a girl lol). I was standing near them and suddenly the photographer turned to me and goofily smiled, offering the scarf and mittens to me saying : “Girlfriend.”

I was like : ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLSDFGHJKLSDFGHJKLSDFGHJKL

What came out of my mouth was : “No, it’s Julie’s. It’s Julie’s. Just give it to Julie.” Julie was the Korean leader.

….. What could I do? I was brain dead at the moment. Never in my life someone said that to me OTL and the first time it happened to me, a Korean guy said it. What was I supposed to do?! He was a real sweetie though, I won’t even lie. The whole group was like “OOH, Steph and David~! Oooh, Steph and David~! Do you want me to ask him his Facebook for you? Look, David’s refilling all the food and drink at this table more frequently because Steph is sitting here! Aww, look at David! He’s following Steph a lot! David always held on to Steph when she’s getting on the bus~ Psst! Let’s leave Steph and David alone~!”

Oh my God. OTL

I didn’t know what to do, okay?

And this is exactly what made me uncomfortable about writing this story. Damn, I just made a huge confession here lol. I hope most of you really did skip this part <.<

I was like, I REGRET EVERYTHING!! OTL

I know this is really stupid and childish. I mean what the hell, of course he was nice. He was supposed to be nice. He was aiming for our money, damn it. But I don’t know, it was peer pressure I guess. Everybody went super hyper and exaggerates every movement and I started feeling a bit… you know, overwhelmed with the ‘special treatment’ whether it was special or not.

So yeah. I hope this explanation clears things up.

I’m really sorry about not writing this until the end. I really tried to but I guess I can’t prolong the whole thing. I just took a breath and gave it my all to write this last chapter. It’s therapeutic though, I think it’s a part of letting go and accepting what already happened.

I want to sincerely thank you guys who put up with me and read this story up until this point. And I sincerely apologize for not finishing it. I hope that the little summary will suffice. Also I’m apologizing for the stupid reason for me to stop writing this story. I hope you’ll somehow find the heart to forgive me.

A shout out to MomoKomo who listened to all of my rambles before I even posted this chapter. I hope you won’t kill me for this, girl. And I know you must’ve been bored of hearing me talk about David.

And so yeah.

This one’s for you, David. You little heartbreaker.

p.s I never told you my name is Steph xD Please continue to call me Phiiee. I like that better. Keep it professional 8D

p.s.s Minho never really got into this story LOL

Thank you, everyone!