Did he just call you Taechi?

Winter's Tale (겨울이야기)

I’m so glad Key Umma dragged me along with him! Imagine all the food I can eat during my stay~ Oh, especially those famous Banana Milk! I’ve tried it once when Key’s friend, Amber, brought some to our apartment in LA and they’re sooooo good! I mean, they’re so very good, I just can’t describe it! Ah, sorry for rambling. That was so random of me.

I turned to see Key sleeping soundly and I didn’t want to bother him. Key’s is like my mother, that’s why I call him ‘umma’. We’ve known each other since we were in high school. He’s my senior in dance class and we’ve been best friends ever since. We moved in together because we go to the same university and we both don’t want to stay in a dorm. Despite the times he’s gone into his diva mode, he’s a very nice person and I love him very much.

A long time had passed since we left Everland. I shifted in my seat and tried to see what Taecyeon was doing in the front seat. But instead of seeing the toothy grin, I saw Onew’s smile instead. I immediately shrank back into my seat and fiddled my baby blue scarf. Oh goodness, my cheeks were warm.

I have no idea why I had these weird reactions every time I see Onew. Maybe it’s because I’m not used to seeing people like him. But… People like him? I know nothing about him! The only thing I know is that he has this smile that always make me blush like mad. Aaah it’s really confusing…

“Hey there.” Onew greeted me!

“H-hi…” I replied. It was more like a squeak though. Ah, so embarrassing!

“Would you like some water?” He offered a bottle and I took it, smiling.

“G-gomawoyo.” His smile faltered for a mere second then chuckled.

“You know Korean? That’s really flattering.” He sat on the empty seat across me and stared at me.

“Uhm, yeah, just a bit. It’s actually kind of embarrassing because I’m half Korean… But I’m learning bit by bit so… Yeah…” I couldn’t bring myself to look at him, so I just stared blankly at the water bottle’s label.

“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re learning, so it’s okay.” He patted my knee. I glanced up to see him smiling at me. “You know, I never got your name. I bet you know mine already.”

“It’s Lee Taemin. You can call me Taemin.” Out of instinct I offered him my hand which he gladly took.

“Can I call you Taechi?” My face flushed and I just nodded. “Great. I’ll see you later, Taecchi.” My heart was beating super fast! He had a nickname for me! Ohh my goodness! Suddenly Key woke up.

“Did he just call you Taechi?” Key stared at me with his eyebrow raised. I just pouted.

“Yeah, so?” Key Umma giggled and pinched my cheeks.

“It’s so adorable, my little Taemin! You might get a Korean boyfriend~” I broke into a grin and all kinds of fantasy passed through my mind. He seemed like a good guy and there’s no harm in daydreaming!

“Okay we’re here! Let’s go, people.” Onew announced. “Let’s meet here at 5 PM sharp so we can go and have dinner okay? After that we’ll rent some ski clothes for tomorrow.”

The hotel was nice, it was a resort actually. After getting out key I ran straight to our room. It was nice and spacious. It even had two separate bedrooms, a kitchen and a living room! The bedrooms were traditional Korean “Ondol” style, which meant we had to lay out a padded mattress for us to sleep on. The floor was heated so it was very nice and warm.

We both changed into warmer clothes and headed downstairs. Apparently we were quite early, so we took a trip to the supermarket located in the lobby.

“KEY! BANANA MILK!” I dragged Key umma and showed him the banana milk. I was so happy!

“Okay Taemin, you can buy some if you want.” Key Umma’s so kind! We bought some and headed to the lobby. I sat down and drank the milk.

“Hey, Taechi. You like banana milk?” Onew sat beside me and smiled. I was confused. Do I like this milk or Onew’s sweet smile better?

“Uhm! This is really good!” I managed to smile back. I realized that Key wasn’t sitting near me. He was actually walking around, looking at the bookshelf. The photographer, Jjong came up to him and they started up a conversation or some sort.

“Do you like cuttlefish?” Onew asked out of the blue. I tilted my head and thought for a while.

“Ummm… Yes, I like cuttlefish. They’re chewy and delicious!” Onew laughed and ruffled my hair. I swore my face was like a tomato.

“That’s good, we’re going to eat lots of cuttlefish tonight.” He got up and asked everyone to get on the bus.

The restaurant wasn’t a big fancy one, but it was really good. Jjong kept coming over to our table and refilled our side dishes. I think he did that on purpose because he liked Key~ I just knew it.

“Key Umma, I think Jjong likes you. He kept giving you glances!” I giggled. Umma just shrugged and munched his Kimchi.

“I don’t care. He came up to me earlier in the lobby and I was hyper ventilating.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Because he couldn’t speak English and I was devastated!” Hmh, I scrunched my nose.

“That’s really too bad, Umma…”

After dinner was done, we took a short drive to the ski clothing rental shop. It was already dark and I’m sure it was much, much colder than before. But inside the store it was so warm and cozy. Everybody had to try on some clothes that we could bring to the hotel overnight and return it the next day. Key decided he didn’t want to ski and I was rather disappointed. But once Key made a decision, you just can’t change his mind.

“You no ski?” Jjong made this funny ski movement and asked Key. Key rolled his eyes and answered a simple no. It’s really too bad that they can’t communicate… They’d make a cute couple. Taecyeon just laughed at them and teased Key Umma.

“You’re going skiing tomorrow, right?” Onew popped out of nowhere and asked me.

“Of course! But it’s my first time and I’m kind of nervous…” I pouted.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you tomorrow. So don’t go too far from me, okay Taecchi?” Onew held out his pinky and we made a pinky promise.

I had a good sleep that night. I couldn’t wait to spend time with Onew!


A/N : Hello~! I decided it's only fair to write Taemin's POV. Maybe I'll add Onew and Jjong's POV too. Taemin is so hyper, no? I hope you enjoyed this chapter!