Day 2 : Snow, Ski, Strolls.

Winter's Tale (겨울이야기)

.: Key :.

Kim Jonghyun. I have no idea what went through his mind. He was so determined to talk to me even though he knew so little English. Do you know how frustrated I was?! Okay, fine, he was trying to be friendly and nice and rainbows and butterflies, but I swear to God if you can’t speak then don’t bother trying to!

UGH.

And that damned goofy Taecyeon! He didn’t help at all! He teased me all the time, trying to get me stand closer to that puppy-saurus. I have no idea what was on his mind. I wanted to smack him. Or punch him. Or bury him in the snow. But then I wouldn’t be able to go home.  He was lucky.

That Onew guy. He’s being very friendly to Taemin. Too friendly… But Taemin didn’t seem to mind, so I let it slide. They seemed to be getting along very well and I was kind of jealous, I guess. Onew could speak English so they didn’t have any problems communicating.

So anyways, day 2 began. After breakfast we headed straight to the ski slope. The group went to rent their ski gear and change into their ski clothes. It was so damn cold! It was snowing that morning and although it was pretty, walking outdoors felt like walking inside a huge walk-in industrial freezer.

“Umma, I’ll be going now!” Taemin said after changing into his adorable baby blue ski clothes.

“Okay, you take good care of yourself now. Don’t wander off too far from the group.” He nodded and walked with Onew outside. Just behind them I saw Jjong in his black and white clothes. He just smiled at me and followed the group.

“Oh well. At least I have some time alone.” I walked to the cafeteria and treated myself to a cup of coffee.

.: Taemin :.

“Woah! Look at all the snow!” I would have jumped if I could, but I couldn’t. The snow was falling even harder by the minute but it just made everything look prettier!

“There’s a lot of snow, isn’t it, Taecchi?” Onew stood beside me and flashed a smile. I nodded and smiled back. He promised to teach me how to ski and I was excited! “Come on, let’s start our lesson.”

It was actually pretty hard at first. Onew taught me the A and 11 technique. A wide ‘A’ will help me stop and slow down while the 11 will make me go really fast. I almost slid away a few times but Onew would always catch me. It’s really sweet of him. Once I almost slipped and Onew caught me by the waist! Oh boy, my face was burning and I thought the snow beneath me would melt.

“Be careful. We don’t want you to fall and get hurt, do we?”

“Gomawo, Onew.” He ruffled my hair and pinched my cheeks.

“Ne, Taemin. No problem. And by the way, I love your pronunciation.” He winked at me! Ahh, I can’t believe this guy. He’s just so…. AAH!

.: Jonghyun :.

“Hyung.” We were sitting on the bus on our way back to the hotel after skiing. This dubu was staring out the window with a huge smile on his face.

“Hyung.” I tried calling him again but he didn’t even budge!

“Hyung!” I shook him and he smiled even wider.

“Hmm~?” He only hummed in reply. This guy…

“Hyung, what’s wrong with you?! You’ve been out of it since yesterday.” He sighed happily and stared back at me.

“An angel arrived in my life.” I snorted. He has got to be love struck.  “What’s wrong with you? You’ve been uptight since yesterday.” I whined and inhaled deeply.

“Hyung. You know that guy on the tour that goes the kid you hang out with?” He blinked several times and tilted his head.

“Oh, you mean Key? What’s up with him?” I groaned and tugged my hair.

“Hyung. I really want to talk to him but I can’t! My English is saddening and he can’t speak Korean. How am I supposed to communicate?” He blinked again and stayed silent. I stared at him, expecting a useful comment or reply but he suddenly cracked up! He couldn’t stop laughing although he tried his best to hide it from everyone.

“Jinki hyung, I’m serious here!” I leaned back and pouted. I couldn’t believe he just laughed at me like that. I was really serious. I wanted to talk to Key, get to know him and everything, but language boundaries just had to exist and it made it hard for me to get my thoughts across without making a big fool out of myself.

“Haha- Jonghyun- Hahaha! That’s… Haha.. Haaa… That’s – ahem – interesting.” He finally calmed down and turned serious. How this guy managed to be so bipolar at times was a big mystery. “So… Language is your problem? I told you back in high school that you should take English seriously, Jjong.”

“Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in, hyung. I really don’t need that right now.” He shrugged and got up as we pulled over at the hotel lobby.

“Well all you can do is try your best. And buy a book or something.” He got off the bus and told everyone to pack so we could get going. He was right though, there’s no way I could speak English fluently overnight.

.: Onew :.

We arrived at the restaurant for lunch. It was steamed beef rib and everyone seemed to like it. Jonghyun was quite desperate and it was rather funny and saddening to watch. He was so eager to fill up the side dishes on Key’s table and made sure everything was okay. He really needed some English lessons…

“Okay guys, we will be going to Mt. Seorak. The trip will be about 2 hours, so chill out and rest well.” I sat on my usual seat, just behind the driver’s seat and Jonghyun sat just in front of the door. I stared outside and I couldn’t help grinning.

An angel came into my life. He’s adorable and sweet. He has the cutest smile I’ve ever seen. He has beautiful, soft blonde hair that glimmers in the sun. He goes by the name of Lee Taemin.

“Onew, will we stop over for some snacks?” Taemin pouted and tugged my jacket.

“We’ll try to find a stop that sells snacks, okay?” His eyes lit up in an instance and flashed his pearly whites.

“Yay! Gomawo~” He blushed and skipped away to his seat beside Key. Key’s eyes were closed and he had headphones plugged in his ears.

He’s so adorable.

.: Key :.

Freaking firetrucks, MOUNT SOEORAK WAS COLD. The wind was even harder than the ones in the ski slope. Since it was in the mountains, of course it would be colder but really. My fingers and feet were about to fall off.

“U-umma. It’s freezing.” Taemin chattered and hugged himself.

“I know, Tae. This is ridiculous.” I shoved my hands into my silver down jacket’s pocket. Ridiculous, I tell you. Ridiculous.

“Oh come on, people. It’ll be a fun walk up to the temple.” Taecyeon put his arms around our shoulders and grinned, totally mocking us. I shrugged away and followed Onew and Jjong.

The view itself was beautiful. Although the trees were bald, the fact that they were dark brown in color, contrasting with the ground that was covered in snow made everything really pretty and calming. We walked up to see a huge Buddha Statue and took pictures in front of it. The snowy mountains as the background were exquisite!

“Umma, I can’t go on! My limbs are going to fall off... Can I just stay on that tea house over there?” Taemin whined, almost cried to be exact.

“Aw, you go warm up then. I’ll go up and take some pictures, okay?” He nodded and scurried away.

I strolled along the path up to the temple. It was really peaceful. It was just me and no one else. Me and my thoughts, even though I wasn’t exactly thinking about anything. But I was happy to get my own time. I finally got used to the cold and was actually enjoying it. I didn’t wear any scarves and the wind was tickling my face and the back of my neck. It was cold yet serene. I loved it.

I finally reached the temple and stared in awe. The vibrant colors caught my eyes and I snapped away, taking lots of pictures just like I promised Taemin.

“Take picture? Once?” The puppy-saurus came up to me and pointed to a perfect spot for a picture. I just smiled and refused.

“No, thanks. I’m good.” He looked disappointed and left me with my camera.

I felt something inside.

It was not pleasant.

.: Taemin :.

It was way too cold for me so I stayed in the teahouse sipping some Korean tea. A nice lady showed me how to do it and I gave some money out for donation. I stare at the cup and smiled to myself. It’s a really nice and warm place.

“Hey, Tae. What are you drinking?” Key came in and sat next to me. His nose and ears were red from the cold!

“Just a cup of tea. Have some. You must be freezing.” Key sat and poured himself a cup of steaming hot tea. Just then Jjong sat down and grabbed a cup of tea too. Suddenly Key threw him something he obviously didn’t expect.

“Massiseoyo? Is it delicious?” Jjong’s eyes widened and he perked up.

“Ne! Massiseoyo! Yeah, it’s delicious!” How adorable are they!

.: Onew :.

Just after dinner, on our way to the hotel, Jonghyun came up to me.

“Hyung! Key spoke to me! He asked me whether the tea was delicious or not. In Korean, hyung!” He squealed. A manly squeal, but still a squeal.

“Congratulations, you!” He gave a – ahem – manly hug and skipped away. Manly, of course.


A/N : Hello! I'm sorry for taking way too long to update. And by the way, Taecchi is now Taechi! Because Taecchi sounds more like a Taec-chi! I'll work harder in the future to update sooner. I'm sorry if this chapter disappoints :( Oh, and Onew's and Jonghyun's part are obviously in Korean. Comments, anyone? :)