Teaser #4 - November 2018

✩ Miracle ✩ - Label SJ's 2020 Girl Group - Apply Open!

PURE

 

Ahn Jae Min isn't quite sure what to think of everything that's happening.

Sure he's finally debuting, and under SM Entertainment no less! He should be excited. And yet there's a pit in his stomach draining any enthusiasm he might have had.

He thinks back to the night before, when they'd found out about their debut.

"You guys are looking really good." Jung Su's compliment sounds over the boys' practice music, and Jae Min scrambles to turn it off as the others bow to their senior.

Though it wasn't unheard of for Super Junior members to check in on personal practices, it was rare for the legendary group's leader to be the one to do so. In fact, the last time Jae Min could remember seeing Leeteuk was when their project group had first been formed, almost 8 months earlier.

"Annyeong sunbae, were we being too loud?" He quickly bows once the music is finaly silenced, slightly embarrassed at how long it took him to accomplish that.

Jung Su smiles. "Not at all, don't worry Jae Min-ah. Actually I have some good news!"

The other three perk up excitedly, but Jae Min notices a tension in the Super Junior leader's posture that has him somewhat concerned.

"You four will be debuting in March."

Young Hwan, the team maknae, lets out a squeal of delight and does a little twirl in celebration. The second youngest Kyung Bin also looks quite excited.

But Jae Min can tell that something is off. Jung Su doesn't look as happy about the news as he should. He can tell that David senses it too, and the two boys share an uneasy glance.

"But?" David prompts. Jae Min flinches a bit at the informality, but Jung Su doesn't seem to mind the rudeness.

Instead he sighs. "But it will not be under Label SJ."

Young Hwan and Kyung Bin immediately lose their excitement. Kyung Bin speaks first.

"What do you mean? We're signed with you guys and we trained with you. How come we aren't debuting under the label?" He sounds genuinely upset, and Jae Min remembers that Kyung Bin was one of the few new trainees who'd avoided being transfered to SM during the fiasco earlier that year.

Jung Su manges to look both uncomfortable and apologetic at once. "Unfortunately we have no control over the situation. An SM rep heard one of your evaluations a few weeks ago and they've decided to debut you as the final unit of NCT."

"NCT? Seriously? Doesn't that group have enough sub-units already?" David rants, kicking a water bottle against the mirror in his frustration.

Jae Min bends down to retrieve the bottle, opting to remain silent despite the stinging in his chest.

Jae Min had been with SJ for almost two years after SM dumped him there to finish his contract back in 2016. And they wanted him now? After rejecting him? How was he supposed to react to any of this?

Not to mention the sense of betrayal. He knows the SJ managers had likely attempted to fight for the group, but it was hard to think that way now when the shock was still fresh.

He'd spent all night comforting a sobbing Young Hwan and attempting to reassure a melancholy Kyung Bin that SJ hadn't abandoned them despite his own feelings. David had gone for a walk and hadn't returned until early in the morning. Jae Min isn't sure he even wanted to know where the other had vanished to for all those hours.

Now they're waiting in an SM practice room, one that's far too familiar to him. Their debut song is on it's way, along with a choreographer. He should be thrilled. He's going to debut.

But he just feels empty.

 

 

Author's Note
So these guys make up the SM group NCT Pure, the final sub unit of NCT. You can feel free to use them in your apps however you like, as friends or love interests. If you want more info on the guys just message me and I'll be more than happy to help! As of right now the next teaser will be the final one, and it will mark the return of Noh Eul.
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png