Ambition & Yearning

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by AltheaMiyamoto! Wang Yeon x Hae Soo!!! Wang Yeon finally figured out a perfect excuse to keep Hae Soo all for himself. He noticed ever since he saw how Soo interact with his brothers, people in palace, and the orphans outside Song-Ak. AU Soo does not become a court lady, but still trained by Court Lady Oh with etiquettes. WARNING: Yandere! Yeon alert.]

 

 

Wang Yeon was no exception when it comes to the ambition he felt for the throne. He had a charismatic, and intelligent demeanor in which he could use them to bend every opponent’s will for his own advantage. Servants in Wook’s residence are afraid of him even though he hadn’t done anything to him. But it was changed when he encountered his sister-in-law’s cousin who had just woken up from drowning and lost her memories.

Yeon used the opportunity to test the girl as she had seen her cousin and her husband Wook together. He warned her it was not polite to see the married couple with a bit condescending tone. He had expected her to obey or cower at his presence, but what came next was unexpected.

“Oh I should practice my courtesy then,” Soo replied with sarcasm and boldness.

Her reply even shocked Chae-Ryung and the servants whose eyes grew wide. Yeon blinked his eyes, taken back.

“If you despise my existence, why didn’t you say so?” She continued with challenging tone.

When she turned around to leave, Yeon snapped back into a real world and tried to provoke her again, frowning.

“Do not turn your back on prince.” Yeon warned again.

She turned around, raised her eyebrows then smiled.

“I beg your pardon,” then she frowned, releasing her grim expression, “perhaps you shouldn’t turn your back on lady.”

Yeon almost scoffed. He had never seen or interact with the lady who was challenging his patience. But at the same time, it intrigued him.

“Ladies do not start fights,” Soo continued, “but they can finish them.”

With that, she dismissed herself and walked away, in which Chae-Ryung hurriedly followed her behind leaving Yeon stunned. 

What she said was true after all for he was one of the princes who saw her bickering with Tenth prince, Wang Eun. A rash, immature prince was beaten as a throw rug by Soo, amusing the princes. But at the same time, it was like a mother spanking her child’s bottom scolding him. Wook’s brother couldn’t help but giggling at the scene as he was looking at Eun’s swollen eye, checked by Ji-Mong. And the next thing he knew, both Eun and Soo became inseparable friends, along with Baek-Ah the thirteenth prince.


Yeon was walking towards the living room, until he stopped as he saw Soo helping her cousin with makeup. Raised his eyebrows, it was first time he had seen the girl’s interest and talent. He admit she was excellent with cosmetics as she brought the rosiness in Myung-Hee’s cheek, grabbing his curiosity and interest on Soo even more. They were going outside Song-Ak to contribute the grains, rices and other materials to the poor. Yeon didn’t like this event pretty much, but found out that Soo was participating too, he willingly followed them to see how she ho during such occupation.

Yeon was watching his brother Wook, Myung-Hee and other servants of his residence giving the contribution to impoverished people. But what caught his attention was Hae Soo. She was giving children pastries and grains to the children with genuine kindness. She noticed the small girl bullied by the boys who were tugging on her braids and snatched her ragged doll. Frowning, Soo approached to the group of children, confusing Wook and Yeon.

“Hello, little one,” Soo greeted with smile, “what’s your name?”

“In-Na, milady.” The little girl replied.

“And who are you boys?” Soo asked the boys, in which they revealed their name in unison.

Forming a sly, yet scolding frown she spoke.

“Did I just see you bullying this adorable young lady?”

In-Na, the little girl, nodded her head vigorously.

“They were tugging on my braid and stole my doll.” She confessed, pouting as she was about to cry.

Soo reached her, demanding for the doll. In defeat, one particular boy handed the doll to her in apologetic behavior as if he was caught by his mother. Thanking them, Soo gave little girl the doll. Wook smiled at his cousin-in-law’s behavior for she did act like a mother. She noticed all the orphan’s stomach growled in hunger. Chuckling lightly, Soo called the children.

“You all must be hungry,” Soo gently led them to the stand where the pastries and rices were stored, “you can have as much as you like.”

Enthusiastic, the children grabbed the pastries and ate them with satisfying smile. Soo was also cleaning their mouth as if she was their mother, smiling as the orphans thanked her. Little did they knew, Yeon formed a small smile, finding her unique. When she bid goodbye to the children, her eyes met Yeon’s then waved her hand at him with wide smile. Unconsciously, Yeon found himself gave her a small wave in return, then held back blushing.


Another day, Soo returned from giving the bathing aids to Eun, Baek-Ah and Jung. Then she found Chae-Ryung nowhere in which she was confused. But Eun told her the urgent matter of her servant being punished by Prince Yeon, just because she accidentally displayed the rudeness in front of him. Fuelled in anger, she stomped towards the place where other princes were watching her friend gets beaten by prince Yeon. They all knew his whippings were too brutal for Chae-Ryung to endure.

Unable to see her friend gets punished harshly, she intervened, surprising the princes and others.

“Do you have nay idea how do you look like? You looked like you are lashing out your tantrum on the servants due to your bad mood! If you are a prince, you should consider of showing more dignity to others! Tolerance brings the virtue in royalty. Aren’t you ashamed of your behaviors in front of others?”

Then it was Wook and So who came to calm Soo’s temper. With unchanged expression, Yeon have been listening to her until he heard her last sentence causing him stiffened. He looked at Soo’s eyes, which was burning with fury but at the same time the unknown willpower that caused him to stop. The princes looked at one another and so did the servants, expecting the worse consequence for Soo’s verbally strong, yet outspoken words.

“Tolerance brings the virtue, you say?” then Yeon roared out the laughter, confusing others.

Observing Soo’s seething expression, his laughter died out but his smile didn’t fade. He tossed the whip on the floor.

“Very well,” he began as he regained his composure, “I’ll spare your companion for now.”

Then, Soo commanded the servants to release Chae-Ryung. Whimpering, the servant was embraced by her lady who was comforting her. Looking at the two, Yeon walked down and as he was close to her, he spoke out few words with a small but concise volume in his reserved, yet venomously sweet voice.

“You will remember this day…”


It’s been half year since Myung-Hee passed away. And the new leader of Hae Clan Yoon, Soo’s oldest cousin, was assigned to become an official of the royal court, allowing him to have a custody of guardianship for his cousin Soo. 

Unable to find the usual liveliness from her easily, Yoon asked the king if Soo can be tutored by Court Lady Oh with etiquettes and others to learn as a proper lady. King Taejo agreed as Soo was henceforth trained by senior court lady. Luckily, Soo was a fast learner for she had mastered Lady Oh’s teachings and they both developed a mother-daughter bond. Also, Soo was allowed to hang out with princes.

“Sister,” Jung called out, “did you finished the lesson now?”

“Yes, all done.” Soo replied.

“Does that mean we can play?” Eun asked hopefully.

She nodded her head. They all went to the pavilion, where all prince gathered to drink teas. Soo brewed the delicious ones, matching their appetite. Crown Prince Mu could see she have become more graceful, and lively. Soo talked to them about what happened during her absence. In reality, her cousin Yoon planned several matchmaking for her, causing the prince paled. Even Wook and So looked unsettled. Yeon frowned for he had never heard of such news. However, they all laughed heartily when they learned Soo had high-kicked the face of the man who tried to assault her. Ninth prince spat his tea in disbelief.

“Scary…,” Won mused, “did Soon-Duk taught you martial arts?”

“No, I just did.” Soo replied.

Yeon widely giggled at Soo’s story. He was elated to learn that she still possess her lively, strong personality which it had always captured his attention.

It didn’t take him much time to learn that Soo also developed a string friendship with other princes and princesses who were living outside Song-Ak. She also gained a favor from Yo, So, and Jung’s oldest brother Wang Tae who was suffering from illness but managed to slowly recover thanks to her medical teas. Also she befriended with Princess Nak-Rang who have become Silla king’s wife and had herself supported by Baek-Ah’s family. Yeon was impressed how most people grew to fond of the girl due to her kindness, grace, and lively persona. 


When he reached for the astronomer tower, he accidentally overheard Choi Ji-Mong’s words to Hae Yoon about Soo’s birthright.

“You’re saying she was fated to become a royal family?” Yoo asked in disbelief.

Even Hae Weol and Hae Han was presented.

“But the star has already written above,” Ji-Mong concluded, “your youngest cousin was born with the star of queen.”

Yeon squinted his eyebrows.

“She has such rare willpower only the true queen possesses. But she doesn’t know.” Ji-Mong continued.

“That’s preposterous,” Weol scoffed, “she’s still young and we do not wish to have her involved with the politics of the palace! Don’t you remember what Queen Yoo had done to Lady Oh many years ago?”

“Ironically,” Hae Yoon intervened, “that witch is actually afraid of Soo.”

“…what?!” Han shrieked.

Yeon raised his eyebrows then, finding this new information interesting. Now he knew why everyone who knows her, grew to love her at the same time. Although, he would not likely admit, he also harbored an intense, yet intimate fondness towards Hae Soo, just like So, Wook, and Jung. Quietly, he take his departure towards the throne room where his father, King Taejo still presents. It’s about time he should speak out what he desires the most.


“Ah, my son,” King Taejo greeted with smile, “yes, I have accepted the gift you bestowed yesterday.”

Yeon sent the golden robes to the king for his birthday, and luckily, it brightened up the wise ruler’s mood even more.

“Is there any matter you came to talk about?”

Wook’s brother formed a prim smile.

“I have come to discuss about my marital status.”

King Taejo blinked his eyes. Yeon was never the type of a man to talk about the marriage but seeing the unusual spark in his eyes, he could judge that someone might have gained his attention.

“I see,” the old, wise king mused, “very well, who is this lady you are asking for her hand in marriage?”

Then, Yeon formed a most fond yet sweet smile, revealing his dimples.

“I want to ask for Hae Soo’s hand in marriage,” Yeon confessed, “I want to marry her.”

Taejo’s eyes briefly grew wide. He had heard about Hae Soo. Due to her intelligence and cordial relationship with may royalty, she was not ordinary woman. Even Yeon grew to be affectionate towards her. Contemplating for a while, then the king written the decree.


The king’s decree caused the shock upon Song-Ak. Eun fainted at the news but gladly, Jung and Baek-Ah helped him up. Yo raised his eyebrows in interest while Won spilled the tea from his mouth, panicked. Wook and So was no exception as they were shocked to hear the news. 

“Heiress of Hae Clan, Hae Soo, will be wedded to Prince Wang Yeon.”

Surprisingly, Soo didn’t show any sign of resistance.

“…Soo…,” Eun began, his voice trembling, “I don’t want you to marry brother Yeon…”

“This must be some misunderstanding…,” Baek-Ah added, “why didn’t his majesty told us about this earlier?”

Soo stopped them all. With reassuring smile she spoke up.

“Your highnesses…I’m fine,” she said, “I’m accepting his majesty’s command.”

Eun was in verge to tears as Baek-Ah and Jung could only try to calm him. Soo could only look at the princes with empathy. Wook and So then quickly left to ask the matters to the groom-to-be, followed by other princes. They burst through the door opened and saw Wang Yeon reading book. He looked up and formed a proper smile, welcoming his brothers.

“Ah, brothers…you just came in perfect timing,” Yeon spoke, “do come in.”

As they entered Eun was the first to speak up.

“Brother, I heard the decree of you and Soo getting—”

“Married?” Yeon finished for him, “yes. It’s true.”

“How come his majesty decided this without telling us all?” It was Jung’s turn, “I’m sure we all could discuss with him and—”

“On the contrary,” Yeon interrupted with smile, “he didn’t.”

His sentence caught every prince off guard. So and Wook glanced at him as Yo squinted his eyebrows. Eun, Baek-Ah, and Jung stared at one another in confusion.

“…what?”

Then, Yeon formed a rather victorious smirk, pulling off the sheep’s clothing and revealed his wolfish, predatory self.

“I asked his majesty for Soo’s hand in marriage.” Yeon confessed.

This caused the shockwave on everyone. So, Wook, and Jung’s face grew darkened. Observing their angered, jealous expression, Yeon’s smirk grew wider then his eyes become wistful as he remembered the first time he saw Hae Soo.

“It was like yesterday when Myung-Hee introduced her, Soo had no parents and was sent to Wook’s resident to take care of her cousin,” Yeon still remembered the meek, yet lively girl he grew fond of, “she was like a lost doe.”

Yeon revealed the look of longing no one had ever seen from him before.

“It was then I have realized,” he said with sad smile, “I am a man.”

He glanced at the bathing aid Soo made for him.

“Just like most of you,” Yeon continued, “I have greatly sinned for lusting after her.”

Jung bit his lips. Wook looked unsettled but he didn’t say anything. So’s lips made a thin line as he clenched his fist.

“But I regret nothing…” Yeon’s eyes lost its light, his voice filled with possessiveness and obsession out of control, “so that’s why…I will take her as my person.”

“You think she will grow to like you back when she marries you?” Jung asked in challenging tone, growling.

“Young, naive brother,” Yeon mused with half-hysterical laughter, “she already does.”

Yeon confessed he do possess the ambition for the kingdom just like Yo. But, Yeon despise sons of Queen Yoo for he knew their love for Soo will only bring nothing but harm to her. Wook’s brother approached, releasing another venomous glare to three sons of Queen Yoo.

“Hae Soo is Goryeo I have wanted…stay away if you value your life,” he concluded, “she is mine…mine to me.”

 

 

Note:
Done~! I hope it reached to some expectation~!