Happily Ever After

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by AltheaMiyamoto & stevelisen! Gender-swapped SoSoo! Soo-Hwa-Jin and Princess So-Hee was arranged to be married and how everyone reacts. This is the continuation of previous gender bend fic from chapter 5. No bloodshed happening.]

 

 

“Princess, what’s wrong?”

So-Hee was lying on the ground speechless, blushing hard. The man who leaned forward with smile, was Soo-Hwa-Jin. His hair that tied back with blue teal ribbon and silver jades were dangling, several bangs were hanging. He was wearing a long black pants, and only a dark blue, wine red outer chŏgori, revealing his collarbone, broad chest, and well-built masculine features. Fourth princess’s cheeks were flushed in red as he smiles. This man…he has a rather childish, youthful and handsome face, but his body was far from little boy’s.

“Didn’t you always look at me?”

His innocent, yet directly alluring voice caused her to mutter some incoherent words.

“What did you think,” Soo continued, “when you see me like this?”

He leaned forward.

“What do you want from me?”

So-Hee couldn’t say anything and closed her eyes tightly. 

“Princess…”

“Princess…!”

“PRINCESS SO-HEE!”

So-Hee’s eyes shot opened, only to realize she was at the palace garden, sleeping all along. She looked to the side and saw Soo-Hwa-Jin sitting beside her with concerned look.

“Have you been napping outside again?” Soo sighed, “you were blushing and whimpering while sleeping I was worried.”

And the fourth princess crawled in circle with her body, guilt and shame filled in her chest. She was having a nocturnal pollution of so-called “her person”. She was ALMOST having a dirty thoughts of Soo-Hwa-Jin. Sighing with smile, Soo kneeled and scooted closer to her. 

“I wonder what dream you had, causing you to go all red…”

Unable to hide it, So-Hee looked up to see him.

“I—I had a rather embarrassing dream…about you.”

Soo knew what she said, but there was no sign of disgust in his eyes. Instead, he smiled as he blushed also. So-Hee’s insecurities were washed away.

“Ohh, so you’re having a rather ‘satisfying’ dream about me, huh?”

So-Hee slammed her palm on his shoulder, but she flashed a bright smile.


King Taejo was in the pavilion close the the palace garden, inspecting the pair with half-lidded, yet serious eyes. Soo-Hwa-Jin of Hae has been paying attention to his fourth daughter, So-Hee. The wise king have known the young man who have become So-Hee’s brief pay date they they were young children. Soo was the first person to talk to her when she got a horrible scar from her mother Queen Yoo.

Soo-Hwa-Jin knew about her scar, but showed no sign of fear, or disgust. Instead, he approached to her first and asked if she would like to play with him.

Ever since his daughter met Soo-Hwa-Jin, she always dreamt of seeing him again and sometimes told her older sister Mu-Ra she wants to marry him. Smiling at the memories, Taejo guessed this is the chance to fulfil her wish.


The another day has come, but soon it will be the day full of surprises.

In Song-Ak’s garden pavilion, all princess, Soo-Hwa-Jin, his cousin Myung-Seon, Chae-Ryun, Soo-Duk, and Woo-Hwon was gathering around. Soo was spending his time brewing teas for his cousin, with Chae-Ryun helping him. Woo-Kyung glanced at her cousin-in-law and smiled warmly, unaware of Yeon-Hwa glaring at her. Soo-Duk was seemingly impressed with his first love, Eun-Ju’s talent with making dolls. Baek-Rah was drawing Woo-hwon who seemed preoccupied with Soo’s cosmetics. Myung-Seon noticed how his cousin was focusing on princess So-Hee who was wearing all black and red, and he formed a rather suspicious gaze.

“His majesty has arrived.”

Mu-Ra told everyone to all stood up and greet the king.

“Greetings to his majesty.”

King Taejo nodded his head. Then he stood in the center.

“I see everyone’s enjoying the spring,” the king then took his short glance on Soo-Hwa-Jin and So-Hee, “I have come to announce that there will be the wedding of princess soon.”

Wang princesses were glancing at one another, surprised. Myung-Seon’s eyes were wide as he glanced at Soo whose expression was also as startled as he was.

“We will set up the date soon. It will be the marriage between fourth princess So-Hee,” then the king glanced at Soo, “and Soo-Hwa-Jin or Hae clan.”

Everyone’s eyes got widened. Their favorite man Soo, was getting married to So-Hee, the wolf princess. Woo-Hwon glanced at Baek-Rah who also stared back at him. Eun-Ju and Soo-Duk was above shocked. , Yeon-Hwa, Yo-Hwa and Woo-Kyung’s face grew darkened. The man whom they deemed intrigued, or felt attracted to, was married to their fourth sister.

Unable to say more, both Soo and So-Hee only bowed.

“I…I accept your decree.”

The king nodded his head. He take his departure for the politic matters at the court. As Taejo left, Myung-Seon had loosened his leg’s strength and collapsed to the floor. Panicked, Chae-Ryun attempted to helped his master stood up.

“M—marriage? …what?” Soo’s cousin muttered.

In all honesty, Myung-Seon wasn’t ready to leave his young cousin whom he sees as his little brother, his son. He was extremely worried if the marriage might make Soo involved with cruel politics which might harm him whenever they get the chance. When Soo marries to the princess, that made him…a prince consort. Jung-Hwa frowned at the decree. Tomboy fourteenth princesses have harbored a lingering feelings for Soo-Hwa-Jin, who had saved her from the thugs. She was impressed with his combatting skills she didn’t know and that’s where she grew to fond of him. Baek-Rah was more than happy for her sister So-Hee, who formed a small but shy smile underneath and so did Soo-Hwa-Jin made a same smile. Mu-Ra congratulated their upcoming marriage and Won-Bi raised her eyebrows in amusement. But the rest of the princesses were fuming in jealousy.


It was revealed the wedding will be three days later and the palace was preoccupied with preparing the ceremony. Soo sat on his chair while Myung-Seon sat beside him with unreadable expression. Chae-Ryun tried his best not to cry as he set the teas and pastries for them. 

“Chae-Ryun, bring Soo’s favorite pastries.”

The servant meekly nodded as he left the parlor.

“It was like yesterday you came here with me…,” Myung-Seon mused with nostalgic smile, “you were always curious little lad when you visited palace with me.”

Soo could only glanced at his older cousin.

“And now, the palace have become a part of your home.” Myung-Seon concluded.

He was absolutely right. When Soo marries to So-Hee, it makes him a prince consort. Meaning, he might someday involved with the politics. He could feel tense with the topic, but he made a determined expression as he clasped his hand on his cousin’s.

“Don’t worry, hyung-nim. I’ll be fine.”

Seeing how his little cousin had grown up, Myung-Seon’s lips made a thin line. He doesn’t have much time to live. He knew Woo-Kyung has romantic feelings for Soo and was feared he, himself, will leave the world too quickly giving them so many pain. But of his cousin was happy with his marriage with fourth princess, Myung-Seon would let them do what their heart desires.

“I’m sorry,” then Soo-Hwa-Jin got himself embraced by his brotherly-figure, “I didn’t get to see how you’ve grown.”

Biting his lips, Soo smiled and hugged his cousin back.


In Damiwon, all princess and Soo was presented. Soo was sitting beside So-Hee, who recently act very shy towards him. He smiles and purposely surprised her, causing fourth princess to suddenly clinging onto him. Baek-Rah, Mu-Ra, and Soo laughed heartily as So-Hee pouted but nonetheless smiling at him. This scene stimulated most princesses’ envy. Woo-Kyung looked away, her eyes were darkening. Yeon-Hwa rolled her eyes. Yo-Hwa glared at the couple.

“So…you two know each other for…how long?” Jung-Hwa asked.

“I’ve met him when we were little. He was my playdate back then.” So-Hee replied.

“Old friends fall in love and soon to be married, it’s very romantic.” Eun-Ju pointed out with dreamy sigh.

“Oh, no one know, En-Ju. We do not know their true feelings yet.” Yo-Hwa pointed out, raising her one eyebrow.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” So-Hee asked, annoyed.

“I can’t believe intelligent Soo-Hwa-Jin could get tricked by a vixen-princess,” then third princess asked, “you actually pretend to be nice and spoiled at the same time to gain his sympathy, aren’t you?”

All princesses looked at them with nervous expression. What caught Mu-Ra, Woo-Kyung, Baek-Rah, Jung-Hwa, and Yeon-Hwa was Soo’s darkening aura.

“No, I don’t…though you would likely listen to a vixen like me.” So-Hee snorted, smiled only at Soo later, “though being spoiled suits him.”

“Look who’s talking.” Soo laughed.

“Though,” then So-Hee made a fond, loving smile, “it’s part of what makes him who he is.”

Soo blinked his eyes. Slowly, he flashed the most elated, charming smile that could make Wang princesses swoon.

“Thank you. I also love everything about you, princess…even if you have scars and full of darkness, I still do.”

So-Hee blushes. Jung-Hwa, Woo-Kyung and Yo-Hwa was glaring. But all of sudden, Soo grabbed Yo-Hwa by her collar with roughness, surprising others including the third princess herself. The Hae clan’s youngest heir Soo-Hwa-Jin’s eyes were darkening, revealing nothing but serene, lightless, venomous glare at the spoiled princess.

“So I would like you to stay out of my person’s life,” his grip on her collar tightened, “which is none of you spoiled wench’s concern.”

His cold words sent shiver on every people’s spine. Mu-Ra was looking at her future brother-in-law with wide eyes for she found the similarity with So-Hee. Woo-Kyung caught off-guard by Soo’s possessive side. Won-Bi immediately cowered in fear. Eun-Ju was clinging onto Jung-Hwa who was frozen. Baek-Rah was appreciated with Soo’s protectiveness as Yeon-Hwa was much more intrigued with her cousin-in-law. So-Hee blushed harder with the word “my person”, respectively about her.

So-Hee remembered the time Eun-Ju used to play a cruel prank on Chae-Ryun with Won-Bi, but they ended up scolded by Soo. His one hand grabbed ninth princess’s collar as his other hand grabbed Eun-Ju up by the back side of her collar. He warned them not to lay a finger on his “brother” and he didn’t care if they were daughter of noble/royal family. Other princesses were astonished by his strength then but they were glad it was the only thing he did for he just scared them on purpose. Later, Won-Bi and Eun-Ju apologized to both him and his servant and Soo forgave them as long as they wouldn’t do it again. 

As much as everyone loves this young man, they wouldn’t wish to anger him again. For his anger was far worse than any wolves So-Hee killed several years ago. But they knew he was scolding for their own good. Soo was never the type of man to bear any grudge.


When the grand wedding day approached fast, the palace was even more busier. The court ladies were preparing for the wedding banquet as other servants were busy decorating the hall. The palace maids were helping with So-Hee’s wedding hanbok and her headdress. Thanks to the cosmetics, So-Hee’s scar was covered and wore a natural makeup. For the first time, the maids saw how she was nervous and happy. They couldn’t help but felt elated for her also.

On the other hand, Soo-Hwa-Jin was wearing a black wedding robe with his hair tied up with plain gold topknot. Myung-Seon and Woo-Kyung looked at him with smile, though they formed in different emotion. His cousin was happy yet felt nostalgic, wondering how a little boy have grown into a man. Woo-Kyung forced herself to smile, hiding her dismay and envy. Yeon-Hwa only made a sad smile, finding herself lonely for she will not have a childish but selfless boy to pick up or doting on. Soo was nervous, but unable to hide his smile.

The wedding ceremony began as Soo-Hwa-Jin stood as he looked at the audience. Myung-Seon smiled proudly as Woo-Kyung’s eyes were solemn. Princess Yeon-Hwa raised her eyebrows in interest as other Wang princesses were awed at his appearance. As the arrival of bride came, everyone’s eyes were on fourth princess. With her scar covered in cosmetics, she was exquisite, revealing her fair skin, almond shaped but bright pair of onyx eyes sparkling as a black pearl. Both Soo and So-Hee looked at each other, smiling nonstop and marched forward, holding their respective stone that symbolise their status as husband and wife. The king Taejo announced Soo-Hwa-Jin of Hae clan, as a prince consort.


The banquet began and many people showered the groom and bride with their gifts. Mu-Ra brought a ten rolls of hanboks for each of them.

“Here, with this fabrics, you two will become a perfect prince and princess. Soo, good luck with impressing my sister.”

Soo smiled, thanking the crown princess. Yo-Hwa held two black case of necklace and accessories for them. Soo received the pure gold topknot, decorated with jades. But both of them received the necklace with jade; black Yin-shaped one for So-Hee, and white Yang-shaped one was for Soo.

“This is the necklace for you two, and pearls, may the luck of children bestowed on you.” The third princess said, frowning.

“We’ve brought a mirror built with bronze, silver, and gold for you sister So-Hee,” Yeon-Hwa said, “try to look beautiful to your husband.”

So-Hee pouted, but smiled.

“Satchels of golds for you~!” Won-Bi said as she had her servants put them on the table.

“Here,” Soo-Duk bestowed a strong, mighty sword as a gift, “a present for our prince consort, man to a man.”

Eun-Ju’s husband winked at Soo, who grinned back.

“Here for you both.” Baek-Rah held two scrolls for them.

Both Soo and So-Hee unraveled them, revealing the portrait of Soo-Hwa-Jin in princely physique and So-Hee in her radiant hanbok colored with dark red, blue decorated with golden pattern.

“Thank you, Baek-Rah.” So-Hee smiled.

Myung-Seon stood to Soo’s side with saddened smile. Now that his cousin will be move to fourth princess’s residence, they wouldn’t meet each other everyday. He saw the ring on both Soo and So-Hee’s finger, which was twinkling beautifully. 

“Chae-Ryun will also move to fourth princess’s residence also.”

Soo looked at his older cousin.

“Without him, you might miss your brother-figure,” Myung-Seon smiled, “as your cousin, I’m sorry I couldn’t provide you more.”

Soo blinked back his tears as he bowed.

“Thank you, hyung-nim…”


After the banquet, the night came and the newlyweds were in their room. Awkward silence filled as they were staring at one another, sitting on the same bed. So-Hee glanced at the man who was now her husband. Soo-Hwa-Jin blinked his eyes.

“What? You’re gonna complain how lame I look?” Soo sighed with smile.

All of sudden, So-Hee laid on his knee, her arms around his waist surprising him. She rubbed her cheeks at his chest, smiling as she blushes.

“Finally~…you’re my person.”

Soo-Hwa-Jin smiled warmly as the pink blush formed on his cheeks. His hand patted her head as she drowsed herself into his warmth.

 

Note:
Here’s what everyone’s been waiting for~!!!!