Born to Make You Happy

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by stevelisen! This is the AU if Wook abandoned his greed. In episode 6, he came to the king and asked for his permission to remarry to Soo. Wook, then threw his greed away for Soo. This is where the wedding between Wook and Soo happened.]

 

 

Soo sighed heavily as Chae-Ryung was preparing the hanbok for her. It’s been half year since the death of her cousin, Myung-Hee. And also, she heard that one of her oldest cousin, Hae Yoon, become the leader of Hae clan as his father Hong Ha-Jin was in grave illness. It’s been weeks and her cousins wanted to bring her back to their residence, believing she had no purpose in Eight Prince’s residence, or in Song-Ak.

“What’s the matter, my lady?” Chae-Ryung asked.

“If Yoon will bring me back to North, I won’t be able to see anyone here…” Soo muttered, “I already miss Myung-Hee a lot.”


 

Meanwhile, Queen Hwangbo was present at the throne room where the king remained on his throne. Beside her, was Wook and his sister Princess Yeon-Hwa. They were here to ask for the king’s permission to allow the eighth prince to remarry. 

“And who he should be married to?” King asked as he raised his eyebrows.
Then, Prince Wook stood front, looked determined.

“It’s Hae Soo, the youngest of the Hae clan.”

The king remained still, despite the unexpected answer from his eighth son. The girl had managed to bond with his sons within short time. Taejo glanced at the Queen and his daughter Yeon-Hwa who was silent, waiting for his reply. Finding no objections from them, the king nodded his head.

“I don’t see why there’s a reason to refuse.”

Wook looked up. Queen Hwangbo was smiling.

“Did you gained the clan’s approval yet?” Taejo asked.

“No, your majesty…” Wook answered.

After several seconds of silence, the king called eunuch.

“Bring Hae Yoon of Hae Clan immediately.”


 

Soo was walking around the garden. She kept wondering and wondering, whether she deserved the Eighth prince, the man her cousin loved for than her life. Ever since she arrived to Goryeo, Wook was the one who helped her to get adapted into her new life, managed to trust once more. Sighing again, she didn’t noticed Eun and Jung running over.

“Soo!”

“Sister!”

Watching them, she waved her hand at them. They stopped as they were breathing hard from running. She walked over towards them.

“Where have you been? We’ve been looking over for you!” Eun asked.

“What’s going on?” Soo asked.

Eun and Jung dragged her inside.

“Your cousins are here!” Jung said, alarmed.

Soo blinked her eyes. Her cousins were here at the Eighth prince’s residence. Hae Yoon, Hae Weol, and Hae Han, the oldest of her cousins were here. Anxiety took over as she entered. The door was opened and she walked towards the chamber where her cousins waits for her. Seeing their grim expression, she immediately guessed it was something serious.

“Soo, come sit down,” Yoon gestured with his hand to the empty chair, “we need to talk to you about your future.”

She carefully sat beside Han. Yoon took a deep breath then spoke.

“The king was asked by queen Sinjeong for the remarriage of Eighth prince.”
Soo was tensed.

“And the king asked to marry you off to him.”

Soo’s eyes were wide as the cousins’ were surprised. Weol huffed indignantly as his arms were crossed over on his chest. Han’s frown deepened.

“It’s disgrace for our family!” Weol retorted, “how could we let our only cousin Soo to marry off to some…widower!”

The older clan nodded their head in agreement.

“Soo may be in her age to be married, but she doesn’t know the politics in court. Who knows Hwangju or Chungju clan might use her against for the throne…she should have stayed at our residence after the funeral…” Han added, glaring.

Hae Yoon closed his eyes, thinking. Then he looked at Soo.

“Soo.”

She jumped as he called out.

“Yes?”

“What do you think of eighth prince?”

Soo blinked her eyes once, twice, over and over. She wasn't sure what answer could calm the rest of her cousins.

“He had taken care of me when I lost my memories. He taught so much and helped me.”

Yoon only nodded his head. Weol’s nose wrinkled in distaste as Han was glaring as he remembered the way Wook was looking at her. And hearing that Myung-Hee wanted Wook to marry Soo, he was take aback and was furious that his cousin Hae Soo was taken away.

“What do you think of staying at Hwangju, or at the palace? Will you be okay?” Yoo asked again.

Soo didn’t think of the future if she stayed at the palace. She was aware of the fact that palace wasn’t the place she could live peacefully and Hwangju was the most safest place in her opinion. But she didn’t wished to cause any troubles or bring a burden to the Eighth prince.

“I do not know what it is like to stay at the palace, but I want to bring support to Prince Wook and everyone I care. If I need to stay at the palace, then so be it.”

Yoon nodded his head once again.

“I know your relationship with Wook and I would not say anything about it. I’m not the one to control your life,” then he stood up and smiled, “then, it’s settled.”

Soo glanced at her cousins.

“I approve the marriage between you and Prince Wook.” He said with warm smile.

She was shocked, but happy that Yoon agreed to let her stay. Weol and Han looked at his oldest brother, disbelief and distaste filled in their expression.

“Brother…” Han growled.

“Are you really planning on letting her marry him?” Weol spat at the last word with venom.

“I used to disagree at first,” Yoon cut off, but smiled at Soo, “but if it’s for Soo’s happiness, I don’t see why I should refuse.” 

Soo slowly stand up, and bowed.

“Thank you!”

“The king told me if I approve, the wedding will be set in a week. Prince Wook wanted to remain at Hwangju with you after marriage. Within week, make sure you master your etiquettes and lessons.” Yoon explained.

Soo nodded her head, and dismissed herself. When she left, they heard Prince Wook enter. They all greet him with polite smile.

“Ah, eighth prince…what a delight to see you.” Yoon greeted.

Wook only nodded his head. Yoon gestured him to take a seat and ready to have a discussion.

“We decided to approve the marriage.”

The eighth prince looked up, surprised.

“I will sent a letter to the king to let all know our approval, but there is one thing I personally want to let you know.”

Then Yoon’s expression turned serious and threatening as it could send the snowstorm inside the guest room.

“Make sure our Soo is safe, and if she has one single tear because of you, I have the rights to have both of you divorced immediately. Did I make myself clear, your highness?”

Having Soo divorced with Wook means the Hae clans will cut off their support to Hwangbo. In other words, Hwangbo clan will be once again vulnerable in the presence of Chungju. But it didn’t matter to Wook. He already threw any ambition he bear a long time ago and his only greed, is the spend his time with Soo.

“Do not worry,” Wook replied with smile, revealing his dimples, “I will keep my words, that I will make Hae Soo happy and heavily protected.”

Yoon smiled in satisfaction.

“Good.”

The cousins stood up and decided to go to Song-Ak as they had gained their right to supervise the preparation for the wedding. 

The king had appointed Hae Yoon to lead the bride for the wedding since Soo didn’t have a father, or her older brother. When the decree of Eighth prince and Soo was announced, the princes were the ones who react first. Eun, Baek-Ah, and Jung immediately went to the market to buy a wedding gifts for both Wook and Soo. While Wook was busy with the court duties, Soo had spent a week with lessons she took. Even though it was hard, she tried her best in order not to let Wook carry any burdens. As much as the princes were cheering for her, they found themselves felt empty as she didn’t have much time to hang out with them.


 

Week has passed and the preparation for the wedding was finished. The princes were wearing their formal clothes and was waiting. They could see the Hae clans arrived and was heard that Hae Yoon was chosen to the bride to the aisle. The drum rolled steadily, announcing the groom. Wook, in his black robe, presented himself at the end of the aisle, waiting for Soo. He sighed in anxiety as he was smiling. Eun and Jung signalled their cheering for him.

Another drum rolled again, revealing the arrival of the bride. When they turned, their eyes were wide in shock, witnessing the vision. Hae Soo, in her wedding robes, smiled radiantly. Her face was adorned with her makeups, and her hair was tied up headdress. She was escorted by her oldest cousin Yoon. When she stood beside Wook, Yoon let go of his hand and let the two march on the aisle together. Almost most of the men felt the pang of jealousy as Wook had a beautiful bride. The princes could only look at them with smiles.

Wook and Soo glanced at one another. Wook smiled widely in euphoria, having Soo as his wife, as his eternal companion was all he wanted. Soo was happy that she could finally stayed with the man who gave her love and happiness, who has now become her husband.

‘Soo, finally…you have become my another half.’ Wook thought, with broad smile, ‘you came along here and made me happy.’

And yes, Hae Soo was born, and appeared, to make him happy as he was born to make her life radiant as her smile.

 

 

Note:
I don’t know how the wedding in Goryeo works, so I could just make it up…I do hope I make a rather satisfying Wook X So chapter… and yes OCs (Hae cousins) are mine from Everybody Loves Soo...